PDA

View Full Version : What's for Dinner tonight?

SarasotaRepub
12-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Since it is sooooooo cold out we figured a nice roast chicken
would hit the spot today!!

Not sure what else we'll have just yet. I for one love Stove Top Stuffing
with a roast chicken but someone else in the house won't let me buy
any. :(:D

cat714
12-21-2008, 03:09 PM
I love stove top stuffing, but it's bad...LOL! I don't buy it either, but us women tend to have more self-control. :D

Our winters here in CA don't even compare to other parts of the country. It's 50 degrees outside and I was freezing when I went outside. Tonight we are having chicken and veggie stew.

RobJohnson
12-21-2008, 04:09 PM
I love roasted chicken. Picked up an apricot roasted chicken at Smith's a couple weeks ago...it was excellent.

My mom made me French toasted raisin bread for breakfast today! It was yummy.

Bubba Dawg
12-21-2008, 05:19 PM
What's wrong with Stovetop Stuffing? :eek:

I love the stuff.

We're having potato soup (homemade) and fresh baked bread. With it I like bread and butter pickles and slices of sharp cheddar.

I had grits and eggs for breakfast.

We didn't have any Spam, though. :(

SarasotaRepub
12-21-2008, 05:32 PM
What's wrong with Stovetop Stuffing? :eek:

I love the stuff.

We're having potato soup (homemade) and fresh baked bread. With it I like bread and butter pickles and slices of sharp cheddar.

I had grits and eggs for breakfast.

We didn't have any Spam, though. :(

I was gonna ask. :D

Stovetop is fantastic, I like to mix in some fried up sausage before putting it in the bird.
I'm simply going to have to buy some and hide it for special occasions. :D

Bubba Dawg
12-21-2008, 05:44 PM
I was gonna ask. :D

Stovetop is fantastic, I like to mix in some fried up sausage before putting it in the bird.
I'm simply going to have to buy some and hide it for special occasions. :D

Oh yeah, I love it with sausage. I also love dirty rice. Even the Zatarains is good if you don't feel like making it from scratch.

SaintLouieWoman
12-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Oh yeah, I love it with sausage. I also love dirty rice. Even the Zatarains is good if you don't feel like making it from scratch.

I love my own stuffing with some sausage. I don't like the Stove Top as I have high blood pressure and don't like anything pre-made, as it has too much sodium in it, plus too many chemicals---look at the list of ingredients. Blech.

I prefer just cutting up some stale bread, adding my own spices and making the dressing. It doesn't take that long and I know what's in the stuff. I also like to cut up apples in the stuffing, sometimes onions and mushrooms, basically whatever I have around the house.

Living in La
12-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Curried Thai pork and ginger rice. Yumm and quick after spending the day wrapping presents.

SarasotaRepub
12-21-2008, 05:57 PM

Like from Popeye's??? :D Gawd I love that stuff and their chicken...

Bubba Dawg
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
I love my own stuffing with some sausage. I don't like the Stove Top as I have high blood pressure and don't like anything pre-made, as it has too much sodium in it, plus too many chemicals---look at the list of ingredients. Blech.

I prefer just cutting up some stale bread, adding my own spices and making the dressing. It doesn't take that long and I know what's in the stuff. I also like to cut up apples in the stuffing, sometimes onions and mushrooms, basically whatever I have around the house.

Kiddin' ya STL. :D

I make homemade cornbread and save it in the freezer in a freezer bag to use in dressing (I really don't do stuffing.) so I know where you'e coming from.

But I am completely sincere about Spam. It is ambrosia. :D

Bubba Dawg
12-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Like from Popeye's??? :D Gawd I love that stuff and their chicken...

Yep. Popeyes or Bojangles are my favorite fried chicken.

Love that chicken. And the dirty rice too.

patriot45
12-21-2008, 10:19 PM
I thought it might be cold somewhere, so I made chile tonite!

Bubba Dawg
12-21-2008, 10:25 PM
I thought it might be cold somewhere, so I made chile tonite!

Dude. Don't talk chili unless you post a recipe in teh recipe thread. :D

Chili = Ambrosia.

patriot45
12-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Dude. Don't talk chili unless you post a recipe in teh recipe thread. :D

Chili = Ambrosia.

It's Done! :D