PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever get a free cruise?

djones520
12-22-2008, 01:02 AM
We just recieved this thing in the mail today from Imperial Majesty Cruise Line that says my wife and I have gotten a free 2 night cruise to the Bahamas, all meals and entertainment included. They also said we've recieved a $1,300 travel voucher.

Now of course I'm very skeptical about this, but I've read all the fine print included, and I can't see anything that makes this seem like a scam, or anything but legit.

So has anyone ever recieved anything like this before?

RobJohnson
12-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Is it a port to port vacation? Or is airfare included?

I have friends that have went on these, they figure most will gamble on the ship.

djones520
12-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Is it a port to port vacation? Or is airfare included?

I have friends that have went on these, they figure most will gamble on the ship.

It's Ft. Lauderdale to Bahamas, then back to Ft. Lauderdale. All we gotta do is get down to Florida.

djones520
12-22-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm reading through this more, and they've also included a $1,300 voucher for an "extended stay package", for things like 3 night stays in Ft. Lauderdale, or even another 2 night cruise.

This is one of those things that just really seem to be to good to be true...

RobJohnson
12-22-2008, 01:24 AM
It's Ft. Lauderdale to Bahamas, then back to Ft. Lauderdale. All we gotta do is get down to Florida.

The people I know that went on these, said they enjoyed it.

Sounds fun, just read the small print, and the really, really small print. :D

Sonnabend
12-22-2008, 05:45 AM
I've heard of this....people came back to find their homes ransacked.

djones520
12-22-2008, 06:41 AM
I've heard of this....people came back to find their homes ransacked.

Well, they can try to get onto a military base to ransack my house... Don't know how well they'll do.

FlaGator
12-22-2008, 06:42 AM
I'm reading through this more, and they've also included a $1,300 voucher for an "extended stay package", for things like 3 night stays in Ft. Lauderdale, or even another 2 night cruise.

This is one of those things that just really seem to be to good to be true...

Who is offering the package?

djones520
12-22-2008, 06:49 AM
I posted it at the top. Imperial Majesty Cruise Line. Their a legit cruise line, went through their website and everything.

A catch that I did see was that the route that they put onto this thing is the same route as their special "New Years" trip. If thats the case, then we won't be getting to use this anyways.

RobJohnson
12-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Well, they can try to get onto a military base to ransack my house... Don't know how well they'll do.

:D

FlaGator
12-22-2008, 08:04 AM
I posted it at the top. Imperial Majesty Cruise Line. Their a legit cruise line, went through their website and everything.

A catch that I did see was that the route that they put onto this thing is the same route as their special "New Years" trip. If thats the case, then we won't be getting to use this anyways.

I looked in to them at work and I can't find anything really bad about them. Some have suggested that they have some questional business practices dealing with things in the fine print but nothing illegal and not complaints as being a rip off or con. This was a quick search but things appear to be on the up and up.

djones520
12-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Well a little more searching has shown that this is a huge timeshare scam. So we're just tossing it.

BSR
12-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Be careful. I have heard of Time-Share companies using "vacations" or "trips" to lure in people. once you are on that boat, they have you for 2 solid days to pound into the ground until you buy a timeshare. They play the odds that most people wont buy, but a few will and it will make up the cost. But do you want to sit on a boat out in the middle of the ocean with people hounding you to buy a time-share for 2 days?

BSR
12-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Well a little more searching has shown that this is a huge timeshare scam. So we're just tossing it.

LOL. as I was typing no less. :D