PDA

View Full Version : Global warming will ruin beer, scientists warn

Banacek
10-16-2018, 06:01 PM
If millennials don't kill the beer industry, climate change just might.

A new study, published in Nature Plants, highlights that extreme weather conditions, such as droughts and heat waves, in conjunction with global warming, will cause "sharp declines" in barley crops, the primary component of beer.

"The world is facing many life-threatening impacts of climate change, so people having to spend a bit more to drink beer may seem trivial by comparison," said co-author Steven Davis, UCI associate professor of Earth system science, in a statement. "But there is definitely a cross-cultural appeal to beer, and not having a cool pint at the end of an increasingly common hot day just adds insult to injury."

https://www.foxnews.com/science/global-warming-will-ruin-beer-scientists-warn?ref=hvper.com&utm_source=hvper.com&utm_medium=website

DumbAss Tanker
10-16-2018, 07:35 PM
I prefer Pils, but there's always Weizen - wheat beer.

noonwitch
10-17-2018, 08:52 AM
But it's been good for wine-the hottest, extreme weather seems to produce really good wine.

ABC
10-17-2018, 11:50 AM
But it's been good for wine-the hottest, extreme weather seems to produce really good wine.

Aah! Music to my ears!

Too bad for Mr. ABC and his Coors Light. :blue: :biggrin-new:

FlaGator
10-17-2018, 01:12 PM
Well, that does it. 2/3rds of all rednecks are now on the climate change bandwagon.

enslaved1
10-17-2018, 06:17 PM
Well, that does it. 2/3rds of all rednecks are now on the climate change bandwagon.That's the plan. Climate nuts have been misreporting/misinterpreting/ flat out lying to gain support for decades, guess they need to reach out to another group to keep themselves afloat.

Of course if there was any truth to their climate change fertilizer, staying afloat wouldn't be a problem by now, would it? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk