PDA

View Full Version : The Khashoggi kerfuffle

old dog
10-21-2018, 12:48 PM
I've noticed that there is very little discussion of the Khashoggi kerfuffle on this forum. The beltway hypocrites are on their moral high horse. It is an attempt by the democrats, media and anti-Trumpers to meddle in executive handling of foreign affairs without regard for the interests of the United States. Their sole objective is to have a victory over the President and make him cave in to their outrageous demands and upset the balance of power in the middle east. And all of the weak-kneed Rinos are being pressured to join in. A few facts are in order:

1. Khashoggi may have been killed in the Saudi consulate but it was not murder.
a) You don't have to send 15 people just to kill someone in the privacy of your consulate.
b) He was a Saudi citizen who voluntarily entered sovereign Saudi terrirory.
c) Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy and it's citizens have no constitutional protections.

2. Khashoggi was not some ivory tower journalist fighting for Truth, Justice and the American Way. He was a friend of UBL, a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, and supporter of an eventual worldwide caliphate.

3. Saudi Arabia is the number one military and political counterweight to the Iranians in the region.

4. Prince Salman has been making gradual efforts to move Saudi Arabia into the modern civilized world. He can't go too fast without signing his own death warrant. He has allowed women to drive and has hinted at bringing Wahabism to a more civilized interpretation.

5. President Trump is correct, cancelling over half a trillion dollars in exports to the Saudis would hurt us more than them. They'll just buy the stuff elsewhere, probably Russia.

6. Turkey is becoming less of an ally and more of a foe every day. They have imprisoned more journalists than any other country on the planet. He has purged his government and military of any dissenters to his Islamist vision for the country.

Elspeth
10-21-2018, 05:50 PM
Khashoggi comes from an old Deep State family. Google Khashoggi and Iran Contra.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/world/middleeast/adnan-khashoggi-dead-saudi-arms-trader.html

cadillac shark
10-22-2018, 01:51 AM
old dog

I've noticed that there is very little discussion of the Khashoggi kerfuffle on this forum.

Because we're probably suffering from lib-hypocrisy commenting fatigue over it. Remembering August 2014, when American-journalist James Foley was beheaded in Syria and Obama went golfing.

DumbAss Tanker
10-22-2018, 08:53 AM
I've noticed that there is very little discussion of the Khashoggi kerfuffle on this forum.

Because deep down, nobody outside the Beltway and national media really gives a shit about it. Whatever happened to him is pretty much what people expect of Arab governments, or for that matter, the Turks. Even the moonbats I know on FB (And there are a lot of them) barely mention it, except to the extent they blunder onto some anti-Trump meme they like about Kashoggi.

I wouldn't believe a word the Turks say about anything, I'll believe that tape's real when it surfaces and has a full forensic examination to back up its authenticity. Though you wouldn't think they'd have so much trouble finding a tape of unintelligible screams and torture, since they must have tens of thousands of hours of that shit in their own government's police, corrections, and intelligence files.

SarasotaRepub
10-22-2018, 09:25 AM
Because deep down, nobody outside the Beltway and national media really gives a shit about it. Whatever happened to him is pretty much what people expect of Arab governments, or for that matter, the Turks. Even the moonbats I know on FB (And there are a lot of them) barely mention it, except to the extent they blunder onto some anti-Trump meme they like about Kashoggi.

I wouldn't believe a word the Turks say about anything, I'll believe that tape's real when it surfaces and has a full forensic examination to back up its authenticity. Though you wouldn't think they'd have so much trouble finding a tape of unintelligible screams and torture, since they must have tens of thousands of hours of that shit in their own government's police, corrections, and intelligence files.

THIS.

SVPete
10-22-2018, 09:37 AM
If the current narrative is approximately true, it was an atrocious murder. But what makes it any worse than the hundreds or thousands of atrocious things done in Saudi Arabia every year?

This whole kerfuffle has the feel of being organized in the hope that somehow it could reflect poorly on Trump and/or gin up sympathy for MSM D operatives.

old dog
10-22-2018, 09:38 AM
Because deep down, nobody outside the Beltway and national media really gives a shit about it.

You nailed it. They can beat the drum all they want, this isn't going to change one vote. Hopefully our President will do what HE thinks is best for our country and he has a pretty good track record o far.