PDA

View Full Version : Boehner Now 'All in' on Marijuana, Predicts Nationwide Legalization Within 5 Years

Banacek
10-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Former House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said he was “wrong” about marijuana when he opposed legalizing the drug while serving in Congress.

Boehner predicted that national cannabis legalization is going to happen in less than five years.

“That sound bite about being ‘unalterably opposed’ to cannabis is almost a decade old. Back then, like a lot of folks, I was getting faulty information,” Boehner said of his 2011 remark during today’s American Cannabis Summit online seminar organized by the National Institute for Cannabis Investors.

“I realized I was wrong and, let me tell you, I’ve been having more and more meetings with my friends and colleagues on the Hill about this – some of the most conservative politicians around and their views are evolving on cannabis, too, just like the American people,” he added

He must have gotten a big payday from somebody.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/boehner-now-all-in-on-marijuana-predicts-nationwide-legalization-within-5-years/

noonwitch
10-25-2018, 09:27 AM
OH voted down a marijuana ballot proposal a few years ago-that law would have created a monopoly for one consortium of growers/suppliers. There were a lot of pro-pot people who opposed that bill, too. I don't think they even have a medical marijuana law. My brother and his wife are huge opponents to any type of legalization, medical or otherwise. They are also opposed to legal gambling, and are just not fun people to hang with. LOL.

Michigan's proposed legal weed bill is polling at about 55% approval. The medical bill passed with over 60% in 2009. I think it's better to have the medical set up before moving to full legalization, that way some businesses are already licensed and experienced, and the quality testing end of the business is in place so that the THC levels can be listed on the packaging.