PDA

View Full Version : What kind of response is this ?

Banacek
10-25-2018, 05:14 PM
Hundreds of U.S. troops are set to make their way to the southern border to help Homeland Security and the National Guard as a caravan with thousands of migrants pushes north with the goal of crossing into America, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News on Thursday.

The official said roughly 800 soldiers will be sent to the area to offer “logistical support," including providing tents and vehicles.

It’s not immediately clear which units are being tasked with the mission as details are still being finalized.

Defense Secretary James Mattis could sign the deployment orders as soon as today.

There are currently 2,100 National Guard troops on the southern border assisting Homeland Security.

President Trump tweeted Thursday morning that "I am bringing out the military for this National Emergency. They will be stopped!"

800 ? There should be at least 8,000, attack helicopters, armed Humvees, Navstar International MAXXPros, and M1117 Guardians as well as every Construction or Combat Engineers in the country to stop these invaders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hundreds-of-us-troops-heading-to-the-border-to-deal-with-migrant-caravan-official-says

FourWinds
10-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Amazing how we can keep almost a Division's worth on the 38th parallel but this is what we muster for our own border? Before anyone says it, I don't care about border patrol presence or Guardsmen. This is just sad. Eight hundred to help out with an estimated fourteen thousand isn't a statement let alone much of an action.

cadillac shark
10-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Looks like a 'planted' story. I wouldn't put much credence into it. The Pentagon/Mattis isn't going to tell the invading-force what's happening or what numbers are involved where.

The two strategies would be to funnel them into a 'cone', or spread them out to where they're disoriented and unable to regroup.

Rockntractor
10-25-2018, 05:37 PM
Amazing how we can keep almost a Division's worth on the 38th parallel but this is what we muster for our own border? Before anyone says it, I don't care about border patrol presence or Guardsmen. This is just sad. Eight hundred to help out with an estimated fourteen thousand isn't a statement let alone much of an action.
It's bullshit, there should be 20,000 troops lining that border to put the fear of God in them. They should be armed if for nothing else but their own protection from the invaders.

FourWinds
10-25-2018, 05:41 PM
It's bullshit, there should be 20,000 troops lining that border to put the fear of God in them. They should be armed if for nothing else but their own protection from the invaders.

I've been arguing that on Disqus. I keep getting responses like "You show 800 and have more in the back". Yeah, if you're going to freaking kill them you do. If you're trying to make a statement and act as a deterrent, you muster up way more than that.

Rockntractor
10-25-2018, 05:58 PM
I've been arguing that on Disqus. I keep getting responses like "You show 800 and have more in the back". Yeah, if you're going to freaking kill them you do. If you're trying to make a statement and act as a deterrent, you muster up way more than that.
What's your handle on Discus?

FourWinds
10-25-2018, 06:16 PM
What's your handle on Discus?

RomeisFalling

Dlr Pyro
10-25-2018, 08:08 PM

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44662658_2041247149286277_6284946577630953472_n.jp g?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=e0d1758f65c9e9e738e0faf1af01539b&oe=5C87C445

Rockntractor
10-25-2018, 08:19 PM
RomeisFalling
I go by rockntractor there too.