PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney on Democrats’ Bomb Scares: ‘Hate Acts Follow Hate Speech’

Banacek
10-25-2018, 05:19 PM
Republican Utah Senate candidate Mitt Romney reacted Wednesday to a series of apparent explosive devices sent to leading Democratic Party members, claiming without evidence that the sender was motivated by “hate speech.”

“Disgusting, vile threats and actions against fellow Americans and our institutions are sadly unsurprising: hate acts follow hate speech,” Romney, once a staunch critic of the president, wrote on Twitter. “It is past time for us to turn down and tune out the rabid rhetoric.”

Without evidence, the failed presidential candidate placed the blame on a “fellow” American — a fact no law enforcement official at this time has confirmed.

Crude pipe bombs targeting Hillary Clinton, former President Barack Obama, CNN, and others were intercepted Tuesday night and Wednesday in a rash of attacks two weeks before nationwide elections.

The devices, which officials said shared a similar design, were aimed at prominent Democrats and a cable news network often criticized by political conservatives. A similar device was found Monday at the New York compound of liberal billionaire George Soros, a major contributor to Democratic causes

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/10/24/mitt-romney-on-democrats-bomb-scares-hate-acts-follow-hate-speech/

Rockntractor
10-25-2018, 05:31 PM
If Romney knows so much maybe the FBI needs to bring him in for questioning.

FourWinds
10-25-2018, 05:47 PM
Amazing how they can go from the aggressor to the victim at the drop of a hat.

I'm just going to go on the theory that this is some nutcase from our side for the sake of ease and not actually knowing the truth. That being said, their politicians and pundits sure didn't mind cheering on the violence and harassment when it was one sided. IF this was some nutcase, then I don't like it. I don't like the timing of it to hurt the President or the chance of any of our politicians for the midterms. On the other hand, I like the thought of people who advocated for the assault and harassment of someone like me being the ones who have to look over their shoulder.

IF (big if) this is from the right, the left still only have themselves to blame for choosing this sort of stuff as the playing field.

GeorgeandSugar
10-25-2018, 06:09 PM
Too early in the investigation, but I smell a DemocRAT. Convenient? Deflection? Change narrative? Seeking pity/sympathy to potentially change voter sentiment for the "poor Democrats." Those mean racists GOP, right-wing extremist. Bah, bah, bah......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk