PDA

View Full Version : 12 Young People on Why They Probably Wonít Vote

ralph wiggum
10-31-2018, 10:36 PM
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/12-young-people-on-why-they-probably-wont-vote.html

My two favorites:

Tim | Age 27 | Austin, Texas | Has Never Voted

I tried to register for the 2016 election, but it was beyond the deadline by the time I tried to do it. I hate mailing stuff; it gives me anxiety.

Nathan | Age 28 | San Diego, California | Last Voted: 2016

My parents are of the generation where they actually watch the news, and they know about candidates via the news. Where my generation, the millennial generation, is getting all their news from social media like Twitter or Instagram or Facebook, and that is not always the best. Reading things through social media is snippets, and itís not the whole details on everything, you know?

Itís a wild theory, but setting voting up so that itís all on social media, putting all that information in just an Instagram Story, in a Snapchat filter or whatever ó bulleted-out, easy-to-read, digestible content ó would encourage me to vote. Just maybe itís a social-media page or an Instagram page where it gives daily facts about how to do things or DIYs on how to vote for yourself, something like that. Just to make it easily digestible to a younger audience thatís on social media, ícause thatís how they digest their information.

Dlr Pyro
10-31-2018, 11:27 PM
That's our future...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retread
10-31-2018, 11:44 PM
That's our future...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

not really because they ain't gonna vote.

DumbAss Tanker
11-01-2018, 02:28 AM
not really because they ain't gonna vote.

Or raise families. The generation of perpetual childhood.

enslaved1
11-01-2018, 11:55 AM
Or raise families. The generation of perpetual childhood.

Just cause they ain't raising a family doesn't mean they ain't reproducing.

Other than that though, it looks like the same garbage lazy young people have been saying for decades, myself included in my own young and dumb days. "It's too hard, the process is too confusing, there's no one who perfectly represents me, my one vote won't matter"

https://patryan12.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/calvin_thumb.jpg?w=1400

Random threadjack, why can I not upload pics from the computer anymore? It's no problem when I'm using tapatalk to insert a picture from the phone, but on the PC I have to have a web link to the pic. Am I not seeing a button somewhere?