PDA

View Full Version : Artists and Intellectuals’ Proclaim Continent-wide European Republic

Banacek
11-11-2018, 03:23 PM
Artists and intellectuals across Europe are calling for the founding of a continentwide republic to replace its many nation-states.
Activists planned to proclaim a ‘European Republic’ in dozens of cities at 4 p.m. (1500 GMT) Saturday, almost exactly 100 years after the end of World War I.

The event is being organized by a group calling itself the European Balcony Project. Its listed supporters include political scientists, philosophers and writers such as Austrian literature Nobel prize laureate Elfriede Jelinek.

A manifesto on the group’s website declares that “the sovereignty of states is hereby replaced by the sovereignty of citizens.”

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/11/10/artists-intellectuals-proclaim-continent-wide-european-republic-replace-nation-states/

Dlr Pyro
11-11-2018, 03:25 PM
How European of them

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dan D. Doty
11-11-2018, 04:39 PM
That means that people who were once subjects will become citizens.

But without something like the Bill Of Rights, the whole thing will just fall apart.

SVPete
11-11-2018, 05:12 PM
I'm sure getting the Germans, Frogistanis, and Eyeties to agree on this should be easy, :rolleyes: .

DumbAss Tanker
11-11-2018, 06:02 PM
I'm sure getting the Germans, Frogistanis, and Eyeties to agree on this should be easy, :rolleyes: .

That would actually be a piece of cake compared to getting the Iberian Peninsula, the Balkans, and anything east of Germany to sign on for it. The French and Germans love that kind of crap because they each think they're running it (The Italians too, to a lesser extent, unless they're drunk, which they usually are).

Banacek
11-12-2018, 02:14 PM
Actually the Italians are starting to get smart. They have been turning back boats carrying migrants.

This is from several months ago but its a start.

'Pack your bags,' Italy's new leaders tell 500,000 illegal migrants — but it'll cost them

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/pack-your-bags-italys-new-leaders-tell-500000-illegal-migrants--but-itll-cost-them.html