PDA

View Full Version : Best comment I have seen on voter fraud and citizen reaction

Elspeth
11-12-2018, 10:14 PM
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/11/12/contrast-in-competence-miami-dade-is-halfway-finished-with-recount-broward-county-hasnt-even-started/

PatriotKate says:
November 12, 2018 at 8:23 pm

When the dust settles, what are YOU going to do to change the situation?

Having read most posts here at the Presidential thread today, I’ve seen whining, complaining, teeth gnashing and blame about the Midterm elections being stolen. And, stolen they have been. This is why millions of Americans already don’t vote, because they feel like their vote doesn’t count.

However, I haven’t seen a single post from anyone declaring what you intend to do as a citizen to help change the way things are.

Yesterday at a Veterans event, I ran into a buddy from the conservative group I was part of. It’s not real active anymore and this guy is a life-long Republican activist. “I’ve been telling people for years that this is a long, hard slog to take our country back and we can’t stop now. EVERYONE needs to become or stay active” he exclaimed. I told him I was interested in voter integrity and a new system for our state and he told me there was already a group involved and I asked to be notified as I’d like to join them.

Don’t forget that Elections are handled by the States. I don’t think we want Federalization of the voting process, despite what’s been happening. It would be even further our of our control.

Here’s some things that can be done:

1. Check out and get involved with a Voter Integrity group in your State.

2. Contact your county Elections Board and get hired as a Poll worker. I’m going to do it in
January. I’m not talking about a volunteer job — get hired and get paid to work the elections.
It’s the only way to know the full laws and procedures and be witness to attempted theft.
There’s training involved, so it’s not like you can decide a couple of months before an election.

3. If you don’t have the time to actually commit to work the Polls, get chosen as a Poll Watcher by
your local Republican party. The Party also trains you what to look for. If you have a lot of
time, you can sign up for multiple shifts. If not, sign up for at least one stint.

4. Start holding small meetings of like-minded people in your home. A friend and I just did that and
it’s a combination Bible discussion/current events discussion. At the meetings, come up with
action items and then go into action. We’ve talked about, after a few months, getting people in
the group to start their own in their home and invite more people thus expanding and spreading
the word.

One of my gripes about social media and sites like this that have comment sections is it is a place to vent frustrations. I believe that, by venting that way, it keeps people from otherwise actually taking action. If we didn’t have a refuge like this, we would have been in the streets a long time ago. I know a number of people here do both. However, I’d bet that’s only a small percentage.

I remember that’s how I felt after O was elected. I decided to get off my butt and take action and was one of the organizers of the first Tax Day Tea Party in my hometown in 2009.

Yes, hundreds of thousands of Trump supporters were attending the Rallies and I suspect the Democrats were out knocking on doors.

While most people came to realize that protesting accomplishes little, actually getting involved or starting local, retail groups is the answer.

I’d like to see more discussion and ideas of how to actively pursue our goals, instead of a bunch of complaints.

NJCardFan
11-13-2018, 03:13 AM
It's not the voter fraud that is making me think about giving up. It's that I have no faith in the people in this country anymore. Bob Menendez was re-elected to the senate despite being charged and tried for bribery and corruption. Not so long ago, even with Democrats, even the slightest hint of impropriety ended your political career. Gary Hart was forced to drop out of a presidential race because there was a picture of him with a girl he was allegedly in a relationship with sitting on his lap. 4 years later Bill Clinton, who had countless accusations of not only being a philanderer but a rapist, was elected president. Not just the nomination but elected to the highest position in the world. Now, people are getting elected after being in jail or while in jail. This country is going to hell and I'm afraid there's nothing to do to stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgeandSugar
11-13-2018, 10:31 AM
It's not the voter fraud that is making me think about giving up. It's that I have no faith in the people in this country anymore. Bob Menendez was re-elected to the senate despite being charged and tried for bribery and corruption. Not so long ago, even with Democrats, even the slightest hint of impropriety ended your political career. Gary Hart was forced to drop out of a presidential race because there was a picture of him with a girl he was allegedly in a relationship with sitting on his lap. 4 years later Bill Clinton, who had countless accusations of not only being a philanderer but a rapist, was elected president. Not just the nomination but elected to the highest position in the world. Now, people are getting elected after being in jail or while in jail. This country is going to hell and I'm afraid there's nothing to do to stop it.

+1