PDA

View Full Version : Half Of DC 10th Graders Have Zero Percent Geometry Achievement Ratings

Banacek
11-17-2018, 04:50 PM
Officials in the District of Columbia released results from a citywide high school exam Tuesday, and the results were abysmal. Students in half of the city’s public high schools scored 0 percent achievement ratings in geometry.

Of the 17 schools in the city, just two were able to post double-digit math achievement ratings, the other 15 fell somewhere between 0 and 8 percent, according to Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) test results.

The PARCC test was designed by 11 different states and the District to provide a test of college and career readiness for students. The test was administered for the first time in the 2014-2015 school year to more than five million students.

Among the D.C. public school students, 12 percent are considered “college and career ready” in math, while 27 percent are deemed proficient in English

https://www.dailycaller.com/2015/10/27/half-of-dc-10th-graders-have-zero-percent-geometry-achievement-ratings/

GeorgeandSugar
11-17-2018, 05:20 PM
And to think there is always push back when it comes to school choice, home schooling or just about any other innovative or creative education alternative.

Just another example of what can happen when leftists have been in charge of anything for any length of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noonwitch
11-19-2018, 10:32 AM
I struggle with advanced math-I did well in Geometry, probably because there is a visual and it is not so abstract, like Algebra.