PDA

View Full Version : Workout Wednesday!

Gingersnap
12-24-2008, 09:35 AM
We're warming up a little today and tomorrow and it looks like the snow will hold off over Christmas so the traveling people should have no problems. We've had a ton of Christmas-related threads this week (and more to come, I'm sure) so this Day Thread is going in a completely different direction.

TOTD: This is the time of year when people begin to think about using the boring winter months to get in shape for summer. New year, fresh start, discounted exercise equipment at the after-Christmas sales - you know what I'm talking about.

So, are you planning anything along these lines for the New Year? Are you looking to lose weight, pump up, train for an event, start yoga, or any other sort of thing related to diet, exercise, or competition? If so, what are you planning? What's worked in the past for you? What's failed?

linda22003
12-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I don't do the "new years resolution" route. I've been steadily and slowly losing poundage over the last two and a half years, and I'm in no hurry. :)

I do much better with Lenten resolutions. I can maintain any discipline for forty days.

SaintLouieWoman
12-24-2008, 10:41 AM
TOTD: I'm feeling very bad this Christmas season for the young couple who had put their dreams and hard work into building their dream. They opened a place called Fastrack near my home. They're both physical therapists and had a niche market with folks who didn't want to go to the big, meat-market gyms. I loved that place. It was sort of like Cheers, where everyone would know your name. It was really a comfortable and friendly place.

They closed their second location a few months ago and sadly had to close the original location Dec 20th. There were lots of hugs and tears that last day. To top it off she lost her dad on Dec 7th. I really feel for them in this season of joy.

On the positive, we bought 4 professional machines and are creating our own circuit in the basement. I had previously bought a BOSU, bought their rack of medicine balls, SR got a really nice set of weights with stand, have a "fitness blade", thing that I had used previously in physical therapy for a rotator cuff injury, exercise ball and various other things. (We have 2 of the 4 machines now, picking up the other 2 after Christmas).

So now it's all about personal responsibility to take those stairs down to the basement and not lose the gains made at Fastrack.

Gingersnap
12-24-2008, 10:49 AM
TOTD: I had previously bought a BOSU, bought their rack of medicine balls, SR got a really nice set of weights with stand, have a "fitness blade", thing that I had used previously in physical therapy for a rotator cuff injury, exercise ball and various other things. (We have 2 of the 4 machines now, picking up the other 2 after Christmas).

So now it's all about personal responsibility to take those stairs down to the basement and not lose the gains made at Fastrack.

Sounds good! Are you talking about a Bodyblade? Those puppies are oddly intense.