PDA

View Full Version : Caravan Migrants Admit They Are Job-Seekers: ‘I Know I’m Not Getting Asylum’

Banacek
11-18-2018, 02:43 PM
Central American migrants with a caravan of 7,000 to 10,000 members are admitting once again th
at they are not asylum-seekers, but rather economic migrants looking for jobs in the United States.
In interviews with the New York Times and the Guardian, caravan migrants admit that they are not eligible for asylum in the U.S. — despite establishment media reports that the Central Americans are asylum-seekers.

From the New York Times:

Olvin Joel Lobo Reyes, 21, who said he left Honduras because of poverty and was seeking a job in the United States, arrived on Tuesday among a group of about 350 caravan migrants. He spent the night in a small shelter in downtown Tijuana that had no running water, and was planning to try his luck on Wednesday in Playas, a borough in western Tijuana. [Emphasis added]

As for achieving his goal of getting a job in the United States, he had not figured out how he was going to do that. He was planning to wait for the bulk of the caravan to arrive because his understanding was that the group would march to the border en masse “and see what Trump says.” [Emphasis added]

One caravan migrant told the Guardian that he fully understands that he is not eligible for asylum in the U.S., but has continued the trek to the U.S.-Mexico border anyway

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/15/caravan-migrants-admit-they-are-job-seekers-i-know-im-not-getting-asylum/