PDA

View Full Version : Iran's president to deliver Christmas message on British TV

Apocalypse
12-24-2008, 10:04 AM
LONDON (AFP) Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will deliver an alternative Christmas message on British television to rival Queen Elizabeth II's annual address, broadcaster Channel Four said Wednesday.

Ahmadinejad will give a brief speech which will go out on 1915 GMT on Christmas Day.

A Channel Four spokesman said the message is a spiritual one and includes Ahmadinejad's wishes for seasonal goodwill.

Channel Four has invited a figure in the news to deliver an alternative Christmas message to the queen's annual broadcast every year since 1993 but Ahmadinejad is the most high-profile guest yet.

The channel's head of news and current affairs Dorothy Byrne said: "As the leader of one of the most powerful states in the Middle East, President Ahmadinejad's views are enormously influential.

"As we approach a critical time in international relations, we are offering our viewers an insight into an alternative world view."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gKK8xx1FFuE3QosmLCaZSMDmvQiQ

What the loving Frak! As an alternative to the Queen's message of peace during the Christmas season. What alternative will that be. Nuke Israel?

Goldwater
12-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Seems like a strange thing to have it as "an alternative to the Queen's speech." I don't really care if he is on British TV or not.

ironhorsedriver
12-24-2008, 04:15 PM
England seems to be sinking deeper in to a hole. Appeasement is going to get to a point that it will be irreversible.

Apocalypse
12-24-2008, 05:15 PM
This link is but a bit of his message they pretaped for this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7799437.stm

Note his message of returning to "human values".

FlaGator
12-24-2008, 05:51 PM
I suppose this is the opposition's rebutal.:)

Joby117
12-24-2008, 06:30 PM
there's a good reason the Revolutionary War was fought... i think this kind of junk is the reason the fore fathers broke away

Zathras
12-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Sorry, go look for your rice money elsewhere.

Constitutionally Speaking
12-25-2008, 08:39 PM
According to Islam, they must first offer all a chance to convert. If they do not convert, then they are fair game.

Sonnabend
12-25-2008, 09:33 PM
I give you gay rights..Iranian style

http://pacificvoice.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/hanging-gay-iran.jpg

Apocalypse
12-25-2008, 10:59 PM
The message was delivered, and Surprise surprise... he attacked the US in his "Peace Speech".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iih1aEj2vgI

The full speech.

3rd-try
12-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Just look how governments are now so fucking scared of "offending" to the point of being too ball-less to even take a stand on right vs. wrong.

And, if a reader wants to pretend I'm claiming to have private rights to the definition of right vs. wrong, let me say "kiss my ass!". I know waterboarding doesn't rank with sawing someone's head off. If you're still torn on this and want to insist that it's not "that simple", you're part of the problem.

PoliCon
12-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Notice how he as a muslim speaks highly of Christ and Christians. Every good muslim IS a good Christian in their belief. And until I hear Barry make a definitive statement - a confession of the DIVINITY of Jesus Christ - I along with the rest of the islamic world will rightfully believe that he IS a muslim.

Joisey
12-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Expect the same here if Dems get their way reinstituting the Fairness Doctrine.

Christmas 2009: And now for a hate-filled, America-bashing diatribe from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, to be followed by one from Hugo Chavez, and finally one by Ward Churchill.

PoliCon
12-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Expect the same here if Dems get their way reinstituting the Fairness Doctrine.

Christmas 2009: And now for a hate-filled, America-bashing diatribe from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, to be followed by one from Hugo Chavez, and finally one by Ward Churchill. and have you noticed how they intend to enforce said doctrine ONLY in such venues were the conservative voice is actually heard?

Odysseus
12-29-2008, 01:07 PM
According to Islam, they must first offer all a chance to convert. If they do not convert, then they are fair game.
Dawa, or persuasion, is supposed to precede jihad, but it doesn't seem to happen very often. Does anyone remember any Dawa on 9/11?

Seems like a strange thing to have it as "an alternative to the Queen's speech." I don't really care if he is on British TV or not.
It's really bizarre. The queen is non-partisan, and her Christmas message is the kind of thing that monarchs put out to their subjects as a ceremonial duty. Having a rebuttal implies opposition, and if the BBC considers a Christmas message controversial enough to warrant opposition, then Britain is further gone than we thought.

hampshirebrit
12-29-2008, 01:22 PM
It's really bizarre. The queen is non-partisan, and her Christmas message is the kind of thing that monarchs put out to their subjects as a ceremonial duty. Having a rebuttal implies opposition, and if the BBC considers a Christmas message controversial enough to warrant opposition, then Britain is further gone than we thought.

It was on Channel 4, a UK national commercial channel, not the BBC. Still bad though.

Goldwater
12-29-2008, 01:23 PM

The channel he was on regularly has alternatives featuring veterans giving the speech, gay right campaigners, Sharon Osbourne (wife of Ozzy), and of course this year was the President of Iran.

A mixed bag.

Odysseus
12-30-2008, 11:54 AM
It was on Channel 4, a UK national commercial channel, not the BBC. Still bad though.
It is. It's like having Adolph Hitler deliver an alternative to George V's Christmas broadcast in 1939.

The channel he was on regularly has alternatives featuring veterans giving the speech, gay right campaigners, Sharon Osbourne (wife of Ozzy), and of course this year was the President of Iran.

A mixed bag.
Ah, the joys of multiculturalism. In that case, it almost makes sense, since Ahmedinejad's command of the English language probably beats Ozzy's. He didn't bite the head off of a bat, did he?

Joisey
12-31-2008, 06:08 AM
What's next?

Ahmadinejad delivering the invocation at Obama's inauguration?

Odysseus
12-31-2008, 10:13 AM
What's next?

Ahmadinejad delivering the invocation at Obama's inauguration?

His supporters would probably prefer Ahmedinejad to Rick Warren. :rolleyes: