PDA

View Full Version : Celebs Joining Al Gore for ‘Climate Crisis’ Event

Banacek
11-28-2018, 05:51 PM
A group of celebrities will join former Vice President and environmental activist Al Gore for a 24-hour broadcast aimed at raising awareness about climate change.

In a Tuesday press release, Al Gore announced the line-up for the eighth annual “24 Hours of Reality: Protect Our Planet, Protect Ourselves,” which includes Hollywood stars Sting, Jaden Smith, Jeff Goldblum, DJ Moby, and Bill Nye, among others. The Los Angeles-based event will air in 125 countries and stream online at 24HoursofReality.org beginning December 3 at 6:00 p.m. PST.

Our health depends on the health of the planet. The climate crisis is not an abstract issue; it has direct impacts on us and the people we love the most,” Gore said in a statement. “I’m looking forward to exploring the climate and health connection on this year’s 24 Hours broadcast and to discussing how we can take bold and ambitious action to ensure that future generations can live long, healthy lives full of opportunity and promise.”

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2018/11/27/jeff-goldblum-sting-bill-nye-celebs-join-al-gore-climate-crisis-event/

cadillac shark
11-28-2018, 07:01 PM
" Bring in the dead polar-bear. "

ralph wiggum
11-28-2018, 10:17 PM
How much carbon will they be burning to show up?

Dan D. Doty
11-28-2018, 10:18 PM
I'm Al Gore, I speak for the trees !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

enslaved1
11-28-2018, 10:21 PM
Who's going to track the carbon footprint of this event, with all the private jets bringing in celebs, the limos, the cop cars and helicopters providing security, the TV trucks, electricity for the light shows, et al?

How many solar powered homes could be be set up with the money this event will cost? How many power plants could be upgraded to be cleaner? Better yet, how many congressional votes could be bought to fix restrictive regulations that make it so difficult to build new, cleaner power plants?

Maybe the weight of their hypocrisy gathered in one place for so long will finally break the camel's back and make California fall into the ocean. Any CU folk may want to travel out of state during this useless awareness raising event.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SVPete
11-29-2018, 10:14 AM
Gore Effect Blizzard Warning!