PDA

View Full Version : Some Caravan Migrants Have HIV/AIDS and TB, Say Mexican Authorities

Banacek
11-29-2018, 04:46 PM
Mexican officials stated that more than one-third of the 6,000 caravan migrants currently living in the border city of Tijuana, Baja California, are being treated for health-related issues. Some are being treated for infectious diseases like HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and chickenpox.

The Tijuana Health Department warned that many of the migrants residing in their city are presenting serious health issues, Fox News reported on Thursday morning. A spokesman for the agency said that more than 2,200 of the estimated 6,000 caravan migrants are currently being treated.

Of these, there are four confirmed cases of HIV/AIDS, four cases of chickenpox, and three cases of tuberculosis, the official stated. The department also claims that more than 100 migrants are infested with lice and there are multiple instances of skin infections.

Officials also expressed concern that the unsanitary conditions in the shelters could lead to an outbreak of Hepatitis

Why am I not surprised by this !

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2018/11/29/some-caravan-migrants-have-aids-and-tb-say-mexican-authorities/

GrimDallinger
11-29-2018, 08:44 PM
I angered two co-workers today by recommending that we invade Honduras, and turn it into a gigantic, tropical vacation resort. That way, we could employ Hondurans, enjoy the beaches, heat, sun and sea, while our military conducts live-fire exercises against MS-13.:biggrin-new:

noonwitch
11-30-2018, 03:29 PM
I can understand why people with HIV/AIDS or TB would want to come here, we have the best treatment for those conditions, and probably the most ongoing research into HIV/AIDS in the world. I'm not saying it's right to do so illegally, but I can understand why they are desperate to come here.

Chicken pox, on the other hand, clears up after a week or two, at least in children. And most US citizens born after the early 90s have been vaccinated against it. Us old folks probably had it as kids and are immune to it. But a temporary quarantine is still probably necessary. When my grandpa came here in 1924, his older brother had the measles and their dad had to take him back to Italy and come back when he was over it.

Dlr Pyro
11-30-2018, 03:41 PM
I can understand why people with HIV/AIDS or TB would want to come here, we have the best treatment for those conditions, and probably the most ongoing research into HIV/AIDS in the world. I'm not saying it's right to do so illegally, but I can understand why they are desperate to come here.

Chicken pox, on the other hand, clears up after a week or two, at least in children. And most US citizens born after the early 90s have been vaccinated against it. Us old folks probably had it as kids and are immune to it. But a temporary quarantine is still probably necessary. When my grandpa came here in 1924, his older brother had the measles and their dad had to take him back to Italy and come back when he was over it.

Why should the health and well being of one legal citizen of this Country be put at risk because some on the left feel letting these invaders in is the compassionate thing to do?