PDA

View Full Version : Now 'Veggie Tales' are 'racist,' 'dangerous'

Banacek
12-07-2018, 02:51 PM
A group of students at a California college’s “Annual Whiteness Forum” labeled the Christian children’s cartoon “VeggieTales” as “dangerous” and promoting racial stereotypes for making the villains colored

The forum at Cal State San Marcos is a project from Professor Dreama Moon’s class titled “The Communication of Whiteness.” Students called various things racist, including the NFL, women who support President Trump, and the popular animated cartoon that started in 1993 and always ended with Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber’s tagline, “Remember kids, God made you special and he loves you very much,” the College Fix reported.

A female student made the claim that by humanizing vegetables, the creators of VeggieTales were using the children’s programming to promote racial stereotypes by making the villains racial minorities.

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2018/12/now-veggie-tales-are-racist-dangerous/?cat_orig=faith#6BfQQ3ssH3M2Fg5U.99

SVPete
12-07-2018, 04:46 PM
I'm no fan or non-fan of Veggie Tales, but as best I know they're all Vegetables of Color. The only white character I recall from very limited viewing is a giant white rabbit that is supposed to be equivalent to Nebuchadnezzar's giant idol in the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (in the book of Daniel). IOW, the only white character is something evil.

But with Progs, facts don't matter. If something is popular among many white people it's either racism or cultural appropriation.

Rockntractor
12-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Brocco lie!

movie buff
12-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Completely idiotic. It's not like there are Caucasian vegetables on the show.
From what I've seen of Veggie Tales (Which admittedly isn't much), the only villainous recurring characters I can recall were the French- accented peas, and they were green just like Larry.
My favorite singer Rebecca St. James did a voice for one of the Veggie Tales specials, "An Easter Carol."

FlaGator
12-08-2018, 10:07 AM
It's a Christian themed children's show so of course, they are going to find things wrong with it, even if they have to make things up.

SVPete
12-08-2018, 11:39 AM
It's a Christian themed children's show so of course, they are going to find things wrong with it, even if they have to make things up.

Someone should introduce those fools to Rob Evans, The Donut Man (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Evans_(Christian_musician)). It would be fun watching them pretzellating and squeezing his material into a racism box.

SarasotaRepub
12-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Brocco lie!

Sr. Bush was right, they are evil!!!!!! :biggrin-new:

FlaGator
12-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Sr. Bush was right, they are evil!!!!!! :biggrin-new:

Brocolli, cauliflower, and cabbage... the axis of evil.

SVPete
12-08-2018, 01:56 PM
And Brussels sprouts.