PDA

View Full Version : Guyanese Immigrant Went On Fire-Bombing Spree In New York



Banacek
12-12-2018, 08:00 PM
It has been five years since Ray Lengend called Suraj Poonai went on fire-bombing spree of mosques throughout southeast Queens, but he has only just now pleaded guilty to the crimes against Muslims who the 45-year-old Guyanese man claimed in 2012 had been “trying to take over his life.”

Acting Queens Supreme Court Justice Barry Kron said he would sentence Lengend, a resident of Queens Village, to 20 years and five years post-release supervision for first-degree arson as a hate-crime when he returns to court on Sept. 28, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said.

“In pleading guilty, the defendant has admitted to carrying out a vicious, hate-filled attack that endangered scores of people,” Brown said. “In a single night, this individual filled glass bottles with gasoline to make crude Molotov cocktails and then tossed them at five buildings. His targets ranged from private dwellings to houses of worship – endangering those within the buildings as well as the firefighters called to respond to the scene. This kind of intolerance and hate will not be tolerated in Queens.”

http://www.illegalaliencrimereport.com/assault/guyanese-immigrant-went-on-fire-bombing-spree-in-new-york/