PDA

View Full Version : Somali Immigrant Tried To Run-Down Men Leaving L.A. Synagogue

Banacek
12-12-2018, 08:02 PM
The attempted car ramming of two men outside a Los Angeles synagogue Friday — allegedly by a Somali immigrant — is being treated as a potential hate crime as federal officials work to establish a motive in the attack.

Mohamed Mohamed Abdi, 32, was arrested outside Congregation Bais Yehuda after the incident, which took place around 9 p.m. on Friday, the Los Angeles Police Department said Monday.

Two men reported they saw a vehicle being driven by a man, identified as Abdi, who yelled out anti-Semitic expletives “referencing their Jewish heritage” before running a red light, making a U-Turn and accelerating towards them “really, really fast.”

http://www.illegalaliencrimereport.com/assault/hate-crime-somali-immigant-tried-to-run-down-men-leaving-l-a-synagogue/

GrimDallinger
12-12-2018, 11:19 PM
Frig'n savages...:apologetic:

Retread
12-13-2018, 12:34 AM
Frig'n savages...:apologetic:

Thought you were going to say he was playing Frogger there for a second.

Tecate
12-13-2018, 02:57 AM
This happened about two weeks ago. Initial reports of Mohammed Mohammed’s shenanigans included a Quran on the dashboard, but there was no known motive...

SVPete
12-13-2018, 10:23 AM
This happened about two weeks ago. Initial reports of Mohammed Mohammed’s shenanigans included a Quran on the dashboard, but there was no known motive...

The linked source is the newspaper group that includes the San Jose Mercury News, but it's an AP article (= national coverage depending on what outlets run the story):

Motorist charged with trying to run down 2 outside synagogue (https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2018/11/27/motorist-charged-with-trying-to-run-down-2-outside-synagogue/)

LOS ANGELES — A motorist accused of trying to run down two men leaving a Los Angeles synagogue pleaded not guilty Tuesday to felony charges with a hate crime allegation.

Mohamed Abdi Mohamed, 32, is charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.

Deputy Police Chief Horace Frank has said Mohamed yelled anti-Semitic remarks at the men Friday night, made a U-turn and drove at them before they took cover behind a car and an electrical box.

The article appears to have been published on the East Bay Times website four days after the assault.

From CNN, five days after the assault: (https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/28/us/los-angeles-synagogue-hate-crime-charge/index.html)

(CNN)A Seattle man was charged Tuesday with a hate crime after prosecutors say he tried to run down two men outside of a Los Angeles synagogue.

Mohamed Mohamed, 32, yelled religious epithets at the men out of his car window, and tried to hit them on Friday in the city's Hancock Park neighborhood, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office. The victims, who were walking on a sidewalk, were unharmed.

Mohamed drove away and crashed into another vehicle shortly after, police said. He was arrested at the scene.

Mohamed was arraigned on two felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon -- his vehicle -- as well as the hate crime. He entered a not-guilty plea, according to Paul Eakins, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

That it was an act of antisemitism has been clear in news reports pretty much from day 1. At worst, reports like this leave it to readers to make the religious connection by reading his name, which they published, and his target. I doubt many Americans would believe he's really Amish.

SVPete
12-13-2018, 10:28 AM
The MSM publish/broadcast enough real biased crap for us to call out and throw back in their faces. Making inaccurate/false claims makes us look like paranoid crazies and gives the MSM cover for their bias.

Dlr Pyro
12-13-2018, 10:47 AM
by a Somali immigrant —

maybe I'm old fashioned and was raised in a time when manners meant something but when you are allowed to stay at someone else's place, you are supposed to be courteous and follow the rules and customs of your host, even it it goes against your backwards philosophy and belief system.

SVPete
12-13-2018, 11:02 AM
maybe I'm old fashioned and was raised in a time when manners meant something but when you are allowed to stay at someone else's place, you are supposed to be courteous and follow the rules and customs of your host, even it it goes against your backwards philosophy and belief system.

That's what my Volga German immigrant Grandparents did. As best I know they never tried to run down anyone in their 4 and 6 decades of living in the US.

Rockntractor
12-13-2018, 10:25 PM
They Somali migration could be more accurately described as an anal leakage.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk