PDA

View Full Version : 9 colleges using wacky ways to help students 'de-stress' from finals

Banacek
12-14-2018, 06:08 PM
As the end of the semester approaches, finals season is inevitable for many college students, and to calm students down, colleges and universities are hosting “de-stress” fests, offering students free massages, coloring books, and even a trip to the mall.

1. Middlebury College

At Middlebury College, for example, the Institute of International Studies in Monterey, Calif. is hosting a “Student Services De-Stress Room,” in which students have the opportunity to “color, smell and breath your stress away!” with free “Essential oil creations,” “coloring,” “play dough,” “hot tea” and even a “foot/neck massager."

2. University of Massachusetts- Lowell

The University of Massachusetts-Lowell took a similar approach, offering students “free chair massages,” as well as a “Reiki massage" during their “stress relief day.”

3. University of Massachusetts- Amherst

The University of Massachusetts-Amherst also gives students the chance to receive “acupuncture sessions,” and go to meditation classes.

4. University of Nebraska-Omaha

Instead of free foot/neck massages, how about a shopping trip? The University of Nebraska-Omaha is providing a “free shuttle” for students to go to a shopping mall in the area called Nebraska Crossing. Students will enjoy a three-hour shopping trip at the mall and are provided with a “free Nebraska Crossing goodie bag.”

For students who aren’t into shopping, however, the University of Nebraska-Omaha provided students with a “Crafternoon at the Library” where students can “color away their stress” and make a “shrinky dink charm.”

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11641

Dlr Pyro
12-14-2018, 06:21 PM
The graduates from those colleges are in for a big surprise when they land their first job and have to deal with the daily stresses of a job and all the pressures that accompany it

enslaved1
12-14-2018, 07:06 PM
The graduates from those colleges are in for a big surprise when they land their first job and have to deal with the daily stresses of a job and all the pressures that accompany itEspecially when that first job is a minimum wage peon job because that BA in medieval lesbian literature ain't worth the paper its printed on.

I go rounds regularly with my middle school students because our disciplinary campus has a strict restroom schedule (for multiple reasons). They get all bent out of shape about having to wait another 30 minutes, and I'm thinking of my assembly line and disassembly line (meat packing plant) where it was 3 hours plus sometimes between any kind of break.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk