PDA

View Full Version : It Begins: ‘Gender-Busting’ Santa on Display at New Zealand Mall

Elspeth
12-17-2018, 12:06 PM
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/12/gender-santa-640x480.jpg

It Begins: ‘Gender-Busting’ Santa on Display at New Zealand Mall
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/17/it-begins-gender-busting-santa-on-display-at-new-zealand-mall/

The Ponsonby Central Mall in New Zealand constructed a giant “gender-busting” Santa Claus to greet Christmas shoppers and destroy the innocence of young children.

“Santa Poppins” is not a “nanny,” but a “manny,” and he/she is a fat man with a full beard in a red suit; only the red suit is the famous coat worn by Mary Poppins. He/she is also holding the famous Mary Poppins’ umbrella and large purse.

Unlike either Santa Claus or Mary Poppins, though, the mall put Santa Poppins in panties and a garter — because, hey, if you are going to destroy the innocence of young children, you might as well go for it.

The mall explains on its Facebook page, Santa “has had many changes over the years but he is always on trend (& a wee bit cheeky!). This year he is Santa Poppins, the ultimate nanny (or should we say ‘manny’).”

Commenters were not happy. Here is a fair sampling:

I am all for equality but did you seriously have to take Santa and turn him into a sexual joke? This is not ok, if you want to role play a dirty Santa fantasy do it in your own home not is a public place where my very innocent children who still believe in Santa will see it. This is not ok.

Why did you sexualise santa?? Why does everything have to be sexualised? Hate it.

The problem with it is that it sexualises Santa – a character which is exclusively for the interest and benefit of children. That’s why it’s so wrong.

Xmas should be kept innocent for the children until they grow up and choose to be trendy adults.

Well, obviously not a place to take your children.

One commenter made an excellent point:

You sure as hell wouldn’t put a women in her underwear like that.

As of this writing, 43 comments were left, fewer than five were complimentary...

Dlr Pyro
12-17-2018, 12:32 PM
it's only a matter of time before they make Santa Claus gay. Mr. and Mr. Santa Claus...

noonwitch
12-17-2018, 01:03 PM
That's not a very comforting image of Santa.

Rocky Horror Santa Claus.

Elspeth
12-17-2018, 01:34 PM
That's not a very comforting image of Santa.

Rocky Horror Santa Claus.

That's a very good name for it. You work with children, Noonie. How do you think this might affect them?

FaithHopeLove
12-17-2018, 04:07 PM
Good grief. Bad enough that they are trying to keep Santa politically correct/all encompassing...... but to put him in underwear with garters and his belly hanging out?

noonwitch
12-18-2018, 10:27 AM
That's a very good name for it. You work with children, Noonie. How do you think this might affect them?

It depends on the kid's age. The teenagers would laugh at it, take pictures on their phones, and post them on Instagram. The tweens wouldn't know what to think of it, and would just pretend they didn't see it, except for that one kid who can't stop talking about it. The little kids would have bad dreams about Santa.

FlaGator
12-18-2018, 10:56 AM
I'm waiting in anticipa...

tion for pedophile Santa.

(Little Rocky Horror reference)

Elspeth
12-18-2018, 01:58 PM
It depends on the kid's age. The teenagers would laugh at it, take pictures on their phones, and post them on Instagram. The tweens wouldn't know what to think of it, and would just pretend they didn't see it, except for that one kid who can't stop talking about it. The little kids would have bad dreams about Santa.

That sounds about right. I do think some teens would be upset, especially if they were raised in moral households. But I can see a lot of teens laughing at it and posting it online. It is the little kids, though, that I am worried about.

Dlr Pyro
12-18-2018, 04:08 PM
It would infuriate me if I had to explain to my Grandsons why they saw Santa wearing women's clothing or anything else that sexualizes this Christmas icon. If the freaks want a gender bending Santa in their own home, go for it, but stop trying to corrupt the minds of innocent children.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ABC
12-18-2018, 11:35 PM
it's only a matter of time before they make Santa Claus gay. Mr. and Mr. Santa Claus...

Oh dear Lord, NO please NO! :blue:

Can't we at least let the little ones have their dreams of Santa and Mrs. Clause ...

While being way, way, too young to even know nor care about the wierdo and PC zealots on the left. ... :vomit:

I can still remember all those years ago, leaving out cookies and milk for "Santa" and staying up half the night helping Mr. ABC putting "part "A" into part "B" for all the latest toys we bought for our son, for Santa to leave below the tree.