PDA

View Full Version : Now they call us ‘White Jews’: A new American antisemitism

Elspeth
12-28-2018, 03:32 PM
I was not aware that this was happening. However, if George Zimmerman can be a "white Hispanic" (despite his black Peruvian grandmother--which is rare, BTW. Only 1/2% of Peru is of African ancestry) American Jews can be "white Jews." So much for intersectionality.

Now they call us ‘White Jews’: A new American antisemitism
https://www.jpost.com//Opinion/Now-they-call-us-White-Jews-A-new-American-antisemitism-575524

A recent controversy about anti-Jewish views in the Women’s March has lifted the curtain on a new antisemitism that is percolating in American circles.

“Now Women’s March activists are grappling with how they treat Jews, and whether they should be counted as privileged white Americans or ‘marginalized’ minorities,” The New York Times noted in a recent piece. The labeling of Jews as “white” and debates on how to “treat Jews,” as if Jews are packages in a supermarket is a form of dehumanizing rhetoric designed to force Jewish people into a binary of “white/non-white” that is currently trendy in US discussions.

The new toxic discussion taking place primarily in the United States is designed to label Jews as “white supremacists.” For instance, Tamika Mallory, the Women’s March leader, told the Times that this issue was raised at an early meeting of the marchers.

“Since that conversation, we’ve all learned a lot about how while white Jews, as white people, uphold white supremacy, ALL Jews are targeted by it,” she said. Some groups on the far Left have even embraced this concept. Rebecca Vilkomerson tweeted about it on December 24.

“We white Jews especially need to recognize that centering out own status as victims here is a power move, as well as a way to avoid self-reflection on our relative status in a white supremacist world,” Vilkomerson tweeted.

It is particularly interesting, given the history of antisemitism, how Jews are now considered not only recipients of white privilege, due to their often passing as white, but are seen as emblematic of whiteness and a part of white supremacy. The concept of antisemitism was coined by anti-Jewish activist Wilhelm Marr, who objected to the idea that Jews would assimilate into Germany. Antisemitism became entwined with the idea that Jews were a separate “race” from white Europeans, particularly Germans and northern Europeans. Today that has come full circle and Jews are portrayed as not just passing as white, but of being an example of white supremacy...

SVPete
12-28-2018, 04:14 PM
"Intersectionality" is a game of "Victimier Than Thou". Antisemitism has been on the comeback in the US, especially among Libs & Progs, and "intersectionality" is showing Libs & Progs unready to go full-Holocaust-denial a way rationalize their soft antisemitism with the Holocaust:

Jews have been victims, but are less victimy than blacks or "Palestinians", who Jews have supposedly oppressed.

Like East and South Asian people, Jews are second-class or conditional victims.

I lack the stupidity and dishonesty to be that good a Prog.

Elspeth
12-28-2018, 04:35 PM
I lack the stupidity and dishonesty to be that good a Prog.

Apparently so. I am still trying to figure out if Sephardic Jews would be considered "white.' :dunno-smiley-emotic

Zathras
12-28-2018, 05:44 PM
Tell me again. Just who are the fascists in America these days?

SVPete
12-28-2018, 06:23 PM
Apparently so. I am still trying to figure out if Sephardic Jews would be considered "white.' :dunno-smiley-emotic

After you figure that out there's always the Ethiopian Jews ...

FlaGator
12-28-2018, 06:48 PM
Tell me again. Just who are the facists in America these days?

Tell me again. Just who are the racists in America these days?

Zathras
12-28-2018, 06:55 PM
Tell me again. Just who are the racists in America these days?

Coincidentally it's the same people who are the fascists here in America.

Elspeth
12-28-2018, 06:56 PM
After you figure that out there's always the Ethiopian Jews ...

They're "White Ethiopians."

SVPete
12-28-2018, 07:54 PM
Case in point:

Leftists Target Their Own: Leftist Jewish Cafe Owner In SF Told To Get Out For Supporting Israel (https://www.dailywire.com/news/39751/leftists-target-their-own-leftist-jewish-cafe-hank-berrien)

You can be gay, intern in the Obama White House, work on Barack Obama’s reelection campaign, and serve as the Silicon Valley fundraising director for the Clinton presidential campaign in 2016, but if you also happen to be Jewish and support the existence of Israel, hard leftists want you gone, as 29-year-old Manny Yekutiel found out the hard way when he opened a café/bookstore in San Francisco’s Mission District

Yekutiel was catalyzed to open his café/bookstore, which also hosts leftist political events, after the 2016 election. He said it took two years to create it, asserting, “Over 1,000 people were involved in the building of this space.” Among the people he has hosted have been incoming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, San Francisco Mayor London Breed, and activists with Black Lives Matter, according to The Forward. According to Eater, donors gave over $75,000 to the project on Kickstarter. Yekutiel pointed out that the idea of a café with political events was not new, saying, “For centuries there have been certain cafes, bars, and restaurants that have doubled as spaces for civic engagement, social justice, and activism, places to consume, react, and create the news.”

But on Wednesday, protesters associated with the Lucy Parsons Project, a self-described “radical black queer direction action group,” joined other groups to yell Yekutiel was a “Zionist gentrifer,” and “Zionists out of the Mission!” The Lucy Parsons Project even tweeted their instructions to do so:

As horrible as this kind of A-Holery is, I think it's what many Progs need, to be clubbed and hounded by their own ideology. Hard, fast, and continuously. They need to learn what they and their fellow Progs really are.