PDA

View Full Version : CNN ignores local San Diego (positive) reporting on the wall

Elspeth
01-11-2019, 03:26 PM
I'm thinking we need a FAKE NEWS forum.

I got an email from a friend this morning about this story. Then I saw it in Breitbart:

Nolte: CNN Confirms KUSI Report About Border Wall Blow-Off
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/01/11/nolte-cnn-confirms-kusi-report-about-border-wall-blow-off/

CNN has finally responded to the exploding scandal surrounding the far-left cable news channel’s revealing “border wall” interaction with San Diego TV station KUSI this week.

As my colleague Robert Kraychik reporter earlier, KUSI reports that the anti-Trump outlet contacted them looking for someone to come on the air and report about Trump’s border wall. CNN claimed it was looking for a local perspective on the issue.

According to KUSI, though, once CNN discovered that KUSI’s past reports look positively on the effectiveness of the local border wall, CNN ran away and wanted no part of that narrative.

To their great credit, KUSI took to the air to inform their audience of this on Thursday morning:

Thursday morning, @CNN called the KUSI Newsroom asking if a reporter could give them a local view of the debate surrounding the border wall and government shutdown. After we informed them about our past reports, they declined to hear from us.

More info: https://t.co/RX4mB6EdNE pic.twitter.com/r0SAvWxFIm

— KUSI News (@KUSINews) January 11, 2019

On Friday, CNN finally responded to the growing criticism, and mixed in with the last-place cable channel’s imperial tone, the statement is filled with fake news and confirmation of KUSI’s reporting.

“We called several local stations to book someone for a show. We didn’t end up booking any of them. That happens many times every single day,” CNN’s public relations team sniffed. “We did, however, book a reporter from KUSI for a story on immigration and the border wall in November. This is a non story.”

Because, you see, it is CNN that will decide what is and is not a story.

CNN closed the tweet with the haughty hashtag “#factsfirst” and included an apple emoji, which refers to the fake news network’s much-maligned “facts first” campaign.

So what we have here is CNN admitting to reaching out to KUSI and admitting to not booking anyone after hearing what KUSI had to say. But CNN is spinning this fact as a non-story, as a suitable explanation...

CNN: #FakeFirst

SVPete
01-11-2019, 04:04 PM
CNN realized that they didn't need information from people who live and work there when they could get all they want heard from D Congress Critters in DC.

ralph wiggum
01-11-2019, 04:13 PM
It doesn't match CNN's truth.

Elspeth
01-11-2019, 11:21 PM
It doesn't match CNN's "truth".

Fixed it for you. #FakeFirst.

SarasotaRepub
01-12-2019, 01:00 AM
We just saw Laura Ingram talking to some
real News people in San Diego about this
"Story" LOL.