PDA

View Full Version : Teen crashes car after driving blindfolded for Bird Box challenge

Banacek
01-12-2019, 06:48 PM
A 17-year-old has caused a highway collision after driving blindfolded as part of the Bird Box challenge.

Based on the hit Netflix horror starring Sandra Bullock, the social media challenge involves participants taking part in tasks while wearing a blindfold, emulating characters in the film who must evade sight-targeting monsters.

On Monday afternoon, the unnamed teen drove on the highway with her beanie hat pulled over her eyes. According to KUTV and the Layton police department, she soon careered into the other lane and hit another car, a light pole and a sound wall. Police are recommending charges of reckless driving.

“Honestly, I’m almost embarrassed to have to say ‘Don’t drive with your eyes covered’, but you know apparently we do have to say that,” Travis Lyman of the Layton police said. “The stakes are just so high and it’s just such a potentially dangerous thing as it is: to try and do it in that way is inexcusable. It really puts everybody at risk.”

An under 10 I.Q. award contender !

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jan/11/bird-box-challenge-teen-car-crash

Dlr Pyro
01-12-2019, 06:52 PM
What's her DU name?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FaithHopeLove
01-14-2019, 09:40 AM
Apparently there is a lot of this type of behavior going on. Frankly, I didn't see the Wow Factor of the movie. It was okay. Not great.

enslaved1
01-14-2019, 12:28 PM
The fact that the ingoranus is 17 YO is scary. No concept of cause and effect, common sense, repercussion, and so easily influenced. These fools are not helping my pessimism about America's future.

Rockntractor
01-14-2019, 02:45 PM
They should do something harmless to others like super-glue their butthole shut.

noonwitch
01-14-2019, 02:47 PM
The fact that the ingoranus is 17 YO is scary. No concept of cause and effect, common sense, repercussion, and so easily influenced. These fools are not helping my pessimism about America's future.

And she obviously didn't see Talladega Nights.