PDA

View Full Version : Books!!!

patriot45
12-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Went to the mall and used up my Christmas Barnes and Noble gift certificates! Yay! Its 82 and sunny, I'm going on the deck to start the first one!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/1111aaaaajerry015.jpg

linda22003
12-27-2008, 03:23 PM
I got three books for Christmas, all of which will keep me happily occupied (in various ways):

Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
Back to Basics by Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa)
Ten: All the Foods we Love and Ten Recipes for Each by Sheila Lukins

Of the books you show, the only authors I recognize are Clive Cussler and David Baldacci. Looks like you've got quite a supply of "beach books" there!

Bubba Dawg
12-27-2008, 04:09 PM
I got three books for Christmas, all of which will keep me happily occupied (in various ways):

Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
Back to Basics by Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa)
Ten: All the Foods we Love and Ten Recipes for Each by Sheila Lukins

Of the books you show, the only authors I recognize are Clive Cussler and David Baldacci. Looks like you've got quite a supply of "beach books" there!

Team of Rivals is excellent.

Bubba Dawg
12-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Went to the mall and used up my Christmas Barnes and Noble gift certificates! Yay! Its 82 and sunny, I'm going on the deck to start the first one!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/1111aaaaajerry015.jpg

You did well!!!

I don't know Paul Wilson or Ted Bell but the others are really great.

linda22003
12-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Team of Rivals is excellent.

You're tellin' me. I just got it two days ago and I'm almost three hundred pages into it (meaning, of course, not even halfway....).

Gingersnap
12-27-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm still immersed in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I got two interesting books for Christmas: one on Japanese culture called "Chrysanthemum and the Sword" and one on 101 things people used to know how do but don't now. I'm up to jousting but some ways away from embalming a body. I'm a quick study, however, so I expect to get a lot out of it. :D

RobJohnson
12-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Divine Justice looks good.

When I finally start a book, it seems like I do nothing but read it for a few days until I am done.

Sometimes, I start books several times, before actually starting to really read them.

I only read about 4 books a year.

linda22003
12-28-2008, 07:28 AM
101 things people used to know how do but don't now. I'm up to jousting but some ways away from embalming a body. I'm a quick study, however, so I expect to get a lot out of it. :D

Ginger, you'd probably get a smile or two out of A.J. Jacobs' "The Know it All", in which he reads the entire Encyclopedia Britannica. :)

linda22003
12-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Sometimes, I start books several times, before actually starting to really read them.

I was beating myself up because I barely did a book a week this year.

marinejcksn
12-28-2008, 08:04 AM

I never read books until this Iraq Deployment, then I picked up "Liberal Fascism" for the ride out and boom...I've read 10 books so far! (Almost 11, got 3 pages left to "The Road to Serfdom"....Hayek is a motherflippin' genius. :D)

Once I finish Adam Smith & Thomas Payne it's on to the book I've been saving all deployment for the end: Atlass Shrugged. It's been torture with this thing on my desk every day, I wanna read it now!