PDA

View Full Version : Response to Gillette (aka, "You wanna buy a watch?")

Elspeth
01-17-2019, 03:35 PM
What is a man? A response to Gillette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_HL0wiK4Zc

SVPete
01-17-2019, 04:10 PM
My response to Gillette was like my responses to Dick's and Nike, buying elsewhere.

I patronize Road Runners, REI, and Sports Basement.

I've bought Hoka, Brooks, and Mizuno shoes.

And I just signed up for Harry's.

Elspeth
01-17-2019, 04:28 PM
My response to Gillette was like my responses to Dick's and Nike, buying elsewhere.

Did you watch the ad in the OP? Would love to get your take on it.

Freedomnut
01-17-2019, 05:07 PM
Can't you just see the venom dripping from the frothing mouth of the SJW class!!??:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Elspeth
01-17-2019, 05:10 PM
Can't you just see the venom dripping from the frothing mouth of the SJW class!!??:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Great video, eh?

SVPete
01-17-2019, 05:32 PM
Did you watch the ad in the OP? Would love to get your take on it.

Well done!

Gillette didn't have to tell me rape is wrong. Gillette didn't have to tell me harassing women is wrong. Gillette didn't have to tell me violence and bullying is wrong. My parents taught me that, directly, through parochial school, and through church.

I'm hoping Gillette and P & G learn something else my parents taught me: tarring the many good with the evil done by few is wrong.

FlaGator
01-17-2019, 05:51 PM

I signed up for Harry's yesterday. That company might get more business than it can handle.

Dlr Pyro
01-17-2019, 06:23 PM
it would be interesting to see the membership stats in Harrys and Dollar Shave club this month

Dlr Pyro
01-17-2019, 06:28 PM
Well done!

Gillette didn't have to tell me rape is wrong. Gillette didn't have to tell me harassing women is wrong. Gillette didn't have to tell me violence and bullying is wrong. My parents taught me that, directly, through parochial school, and through church.

I'm hoping Gillette and P & G learn something else my parents taught me: tarring the many good with the evil done by few is wrong.

exactly. My sister in law (who can a piece of work) posted the gillette ad on facebook and asks why people get offended when they need to get educated.

the ad offends me because they paint all men with a broad brush as needing improvement without recognizing that many men are good and contribute much to society.

SVPete
01-17-2019, 06:28 PM
I signed up for Harry's yesterday. That company might get more business than it can handle.

it would be interesting to see the membership stats in Harrys and Dollar Shave club this month

Those stats should be really sharp. I'm keen about hearing how they did. :biggrin-new: