PDA

View Full Version : Hi From California

Calif Cowgirl
12-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Hi all. I am new here. I am a member another conservative site and read a post referencing this forum, so I thought I would come over here too! On the other site I am fishoutofwater in case there are some members from there who are members here.

I am 39...married with 2 boys who are 14 and 10. I live in the foothills of the Central Valley in one of the last conservative areas of California. I am sure it won't stay that way forever...:(

As far as my politics go, I am a conservative Republican.

I am really enjoying the forum thing and look forward to meeting new friends here!!!

marinejcksn
12-28-2008, 04:55 AM
Welcome aboard friend! Glad to have you here. :D

FlaGator
12-28-2008, 06:06 AM
Welcome! Stick around. I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Bubba Dawg
12-28-2008, 06:07 AM
Hello. Glad you're here. :)

Calif Cowgirl
12-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanx for the welcome!:) I stayed up wayyyy to late reading posts last night...lol...it is so addicting. I kept telling myself...I'll just finish this one and go to sleep...then another one would catch my eye.......

Then the "DU" threads caught my attention...omgosh!!! I had read references to DU on the other forum I frequent, but had no idea how mean-spirited some of the people over there are. I ventured over there and read some of the links...it is set up so much different, that I had a hard time navigating so I didn't get much out of it, but it certainly left an "impression"...ugh

SarasotaRepub
12-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Welcome to CU Calif Cowgirl!!!

Yeah, our "buddies" on DU are quite a scream. :rolleyes::D

Enjoy!

Calif Cowgirl
12-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanx, Sarasota!

Bubba Dawg
12-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanx for the welcome!:) I stayed up wayyyy to late reading posts last night...lol...it is so addicting. I kept telling myself...I'll just finish this one and go to sleep...then another one would catch my eye.......

Then the "DU" threads caught my attention...omgosh!!! I had read references to DU on the other forum I frequent, but had no idea how mean-spirited some of the people over there are. I ventured over there and read some of the links...it is set up so much different, that I had a hard time navigating so I didn't get much out of it, but it certainly left an "impression"...ugh

So, are you a fan of soccer and pro cycling? :D

You ride a bike, don't you. Even if you don't take the whole month of July off every year to watch the Tour de France, you're still a big fan, right?

Calif Cowgirl
12-28-2008, 07:07 PM
So, are you a fan of soccer and pro cycling? :D

You ride a bike, don't you. Even if you don't take the whole month of July off every year to watch the Tour de France, you're still a big fan, right?

laughing! HA! Soccer??? Only if I had girls!!! JUST KIDDING! My youngest boy likes soccer and swimming and my oldest likes football. Pretty funny that the oldest is built like a swimmer and soccer player and the youngest is built like a football player, but hates it!

Cycling??? Horses are way more fun than bicycles!!! Tour de France? What is that??? j/k

I think I am going to have fun here! Thanx for the comment!!!;)

Bubba Dawg
12-28-2008, 07:49 PM
laughing! HA! Soccer??? Only if I had girls!!! JUST KIDDING! My youngest boy likes soccer and swimming and my oldest likes football. Pretty funny that the oldest is built like a swimmer and soccer player and the youngest is built like a football player, but hates it!

Cycling??? Horses are way more fun than bicycles!!! Tour de France? What is that??? j/k

I think I am going to have fun here! Thanx for the comment!!!;)

LOL.

Okay, I was trying to rope you into rooting for Lance in the Tour and Arsenal. :p:D

ARE YOU AN ATLANTA BRAVES FAN!!???!:D

Calif Cowgirl
12-28-2008, 08:00 PM
LOL.

Okay, I was trying to rope you into rooting for Lance in the Tour and Arsenal. :p:D

ARE YOU AN ATLANTA BRAVES FAN!!???!:D

OH..OK... I will root for Lance for you! Why didn't you just say so???...lol Arsenal??? Is he a soccer player?

awww..sorry...don't watch much baseball...but if you like the Braves, then I will root for them...but you have to cheer for San Diego against the Broncos...DEAL? lol;)

Celtic Rose
12-28-2008, 08:10 PM
OH..OK... I will root for Lance for you! Why didn't you just say so???...lol Arsenal??? Is he a soccer player?

awww..sorry...don't watch much baseball...but if you like the Braves, then I will root for them...but you have to cheer for San Diego against the Broncos...DEAL? lol;)

I'm pretty sure that Arsenal is actually a team. I actually went to a San Jose Earthquakes game once. It was actually fun, and some of the players were pretty good looking :p

Welcome to CU. Always nice to have another Californian :)

Bubba Dawg
12-28-2008, 08:14 PM

The deal is done. Go Chargers.

Lance is my favorite since Greg Lemond and Miguel Indurain. I've been following the Tour for a long time. Since back before it was on television. :D

Arsenal is an English Football team.

Bubba Dawg
12-28-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that Arsenal is actually a team. I actually went to a San Jose Earthquakes game once. It was actually fun, and some of the players were pretty good looking :p

Cool. I've never been to an MLS game. San Jose won the first MLS game ever played. That was a while ago.

Calif Cowgirl
12-28-2008, 10:03 PM

Thanx, Celtic...shows how much I know! mmm...yes...soccer seems to have lots of good looking players.

lol...Are you in San Jose?

Calif Cowgirl
12-28-2008, 10:07 PM
The deal is done. Go Chargers.

Lance is my favorite since Greg Lemond and Miguel Indurain. I've been following the Tour for a long time. Since back before it was on television. :D

Arsenal is an English Football team.

Thanx, Bubba. The Chargers need all the help they can get! If they lose, I will have to kick my 14 year old out to the stable...he will be unbearable to live with!!!:mad:

I like Lance...great perseverance and role model ! Glad he is ok and back on top of his game (race...you know what I mean...lol).

Oh, if the Chargers don't win, we are pushing for the Steelers!:)

lacarnut
12-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Welcome CA Cowgirl; glad to have you aboard.

Celtic Rose
12-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Thanx, Celtic...shows how much I know! mmm...yes...soccer seems to have lots of good looking players.

lol...Are you in San Jose?

Yes I am. :) We're not all moonbats in the Bay Area :p

Calif Cowgirl
12-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Welcome CA Cowgirl; glad to have you aboard.

Thanx, lacarnut!:)

Calif Cowgirl
12-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Yes I am. :) We're not all moonbats in the Bay Area :p

lol...I am convinced it is the "traffic" up there and down south that causes the "moonbattiness"! I'm not sure I could keep from going crazy if I had to deal with it on a daily basis!!! :)

Celtic Rose
12-29-2008, 12:02 AM
lol...I am convinced it is the "traffic" up there and down south that causes the "moonbattiness"! I'm not sure I could keep from going crazy if I had to deal with it on a daily basis!!! :)

That very well may be. My drive to work takes 20 minutes without traffic, and a good 45 minutes with traffic:cool: It doesn't bother me so much in the morning, but it drives me crazy at night :(

Whereabouts in the Central Valley are you from? My grandparents live in a tiny town near Sonora.

Calif Cowgirl
12-29-2008, 12:21 AM
That very well may be. My drive to work takes 20 minutes without traffic, and a good 45 minutes with traffic:cool: It doesn't bother me so much in the morning, but it drives me crazy at night :(

Whereabouts in the Central Valley are you from? My grandparents live in a tiny town near Sonora.

ugh...I won't even go down the hill to Fresno during rush-hour and it is no comparison to what you guys have. San Diego should only be about a 6 hour drive from where I live, but it took us 9 hours last summer! I was ready to pull my hair out...lol Driving by Camp Pendleton there was a high-speed chase, though...so that offered some entertainment. The goober thought he was taking an exit to a surface street but took the exit to the truck weigh station:eek: When we drove by there were 6 CHPs...all with their guns aimed at him...woooooo...would NOT have wanted to be that guy for nothin'!

I am in the foothills east of Fresno, now, but I grew up in Hanford, Lemoore, Riverdale.

PC Guy
12-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Hello and welcome to CU from another fellow Californian. I'm a San Diegan and so one of the things that keeps it somewhat a Republican city is that we're a military city. Aside from that, I'm not sure if San Diego would continue to be a Republican city.

Calif Cowgirl
12-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Hello and welcome to CU from another fellow Californian. I'm a San Diegan and so one of the things that keeps it somewhat a Republican city is that we're a military city. Aside from that, I'm not sure if San Diego would continue to be a Republican city.

San Diego is beautiful...there is certainly no where else in the state with better weather!!! I have only been down there 2 times...for football camps and while we were there we did the tourist things...Sea World, Zoo and the Safari thing. It was lots of fun!

We did learn a lesson though...in Old Town San Diego, the bicycle taxi guys wil RIP YOU OFF!!!...LOL

PC Guy
12-30-2008, 04:26 AM
San Diego is beautiful...there is certainly no where else in the state with better weather!!! I have only been down there 2 times...for football camps and while we were there we did the tourist things...Sea World, Zoo and the Safari thing. It was lots of fun!

We did learn a lesson though...in Old Town San Diego, the bicycle taxi guys wil RIP YOU OFF!!!...LOL

Yep yep, San Diego is famous for the weather and zoo.:D