PDA

View Full Version : Faraway Friday Thread (started late Thursday)

jendf
05-30-2008, 12:49 AM
I will not be around tomorrow but I don't want to shirk my responsibility to put up the Friday day thread.

So you get it a few hours early. Deal with it (I'm talking to you, Shannon. ;) ).

Weather in Phoenix will be warm. About 100 degrees for the high.

Tomorrow night I'm going out with a friend. We'll grab dinner at the In 'n' Out Burger (been craving a cheeseburger for WEEKS) and then we'll go see The Strangers. Can't wait to get the **** scared out of me.

TOTD #1: Where is JB? Is he here but under a different name?

TOTD #2: If you could have one "special power," what would it be?

I have always wanted to be invisible. Then I could go up to someone I dislike and shove them and they wouldn't have a clue who did it.

I could also be in a room I wouldn't normally have access to and listen to interesting conversations.

lurkalot
05-30-2008, 01:18 AM
okay, this sounds really sappy but...
TOTD: Special Power

As both a counselor and as a nurse, I've seen a lot of suffering, emotional and physical. If I could have a special power, it would be the ability to take away suffering/pain.

oh and to have xray vision too..that would be awesome!

movie buff
05-30-2008, 06:47 AM
TOTD: Maybe flight.
It would certainly save time and gas money being able to fly!

DarkScribe
05-30-2008, 08:19 AM
I will not be around tomorrow but I don't want to shirk my responsibility to put up the Friday day thread.

So you get it a few hours early. Deal with it (I'm talking to you, Shannon. ;) ).

Weather in Phoenix will be warm. About 100 degrees for the high.

Tomorrow night I'm going out with a friend. We'll grab dinner at the In 'n' Out Burger (been craving a cheeseburger for WEEKS) and then we'll go see The Strangers. Can't wait to get the **** scared out of me.

TOTD #1: Where is JB? Is he here but under a different name?

TOTD #2: If you could have one "special power," what would it be?

I have always wanted to be invisible. Then I could go up to someone I dislike and shove them and they wouldn't have a clue who did it.

I could also be in a room I wouldn't normally have access to and listen to interesting conversations.

Let us know about The Strangers....from the previews it looks creepy as hell!

TOTD #1: Dunno...I just got here, but I am here he'll turn up...unless he is lurking under a different name like some are undoubtedly doing.

TOTD #2: Special Power...to shapeshift into any living form. That would be COOL. :cool:

Shannon
05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
TOTD 1: I think he's out of town for a bit. Hopefully not much longer.

TOTD 2: I'm going with the invisibility too.

Give us a review of The Strangers asap, please!

Gingersnap
05-30-2008, 09:57 AM
It will be in the mid 80s today with clear skies and a light breeze - perfect Colorado spring weather for a change. I see weeding in my future.

TOTD: I'm going with undetectable invisibility - I wouldn't show up on any sensors at all. I've always wanted to wander around museums late at night when there are no screaming kids or high decibel yakkers.

Rebel Yell
05-30-2008, 01:11 PM
It will be in the mid 80s today with clear skies and a light breeze - perfect Colorado spring weather for a change. I see weeding in my future.

TOTD: I'm going with undetectable invisibility - I wouldn't show up on any sensors at all. I've always wanted to wander around museums late at night when there are no screaming kids or high decibel yakkers.

Sycamore, GA 87 degrees mostly cloudy, always humid.

TOTD: The power to have all the powers I want.:p

Shannon
05-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Sycamore, GA 87 degrees mostly cloudy, always humid.

TOTD: The power to have all the powers I want.:p

Umm, you know that's not allowed.:rolleyes: That's like the genie thing and wishing for more wishes. There are RULES, ya know!

Shannon
05-30-2008, 07:32 PM
I just realized that I assigned JB the Saturday thread. He will most likely still be out of town. What do I do in this dilemma?!:eek:

Gingersnap
05-30-2008, 08:01 PM
I just realized that I assigned JB the Saturday thread. He will most likely still be out of town. What do I do in this dilemma?!:eek:

I thought bijou had the Saturday thread. :confused:

Shannon
05-30-2008, 08:04 PM
I thought bijou had the Saturday thread. :confused:

Initially she did. Have you seen her around lately?

Gingersnap
05-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Initially she did. Have you seen her around lately?

Well, no but I know she's been pretty busy. Go over to CC and ask her if she'll do Saturday.

Shannon
05-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Well, no but I know she's been pretty busy. Go over to CC and ask her if she'll do Saturday.

I'll assign somebody else.

Shannon
05-30-2008, 08:23 PM
I'll assign somebody else.

Bubba! That's who will do it!

Gingersnap
05-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Bubba! That's who will do it!

Won't he be tooling his Huffy around the park this time of year? :p

Shannon
05-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Won't he be tooling his Huffy around the park this time of year? :p

I did consider that. Then I inevitably thought of spandex and soccer. *shudders* He'll do it. I just need to make sure he knows it's his job...the little queer.

Bubba Dawg
05-30-2008, 08:52 PM
I did consider that. Then I inevitably thought of spandex and soccer. *shudders* He'll do it. I just need to make sure he knows it's his job...the little queer.

I just felt a great disturbance in the Fabulous, as if great souls were discussing cycling or soccer, or even BOTH...NEVER FEAR BUBBA IS HERE!!!!

Didja miss me? Didja? Didja??!!?? Huh?? Huh??? Didja?

And you can also hike in spandex, but that's a little strange to mention.

Gingersnap
05-30-2008, 10:55 PM
And you can also hike in spandex, but that's a little strange to mention.

It's more than strange - it's Unholy. I no longer feel guilt about my Huffy crack.