PDA

View Full Version : John Travolta's 16-year-old son dies in Bahamas

RobJohnson
01-03-2009, 02:38 AM
NASSAU, Bahamas John Travolta's teenage son, Jett, died in the Bahamas after apparently suffering a seizure and hitting his head at his family's vacation home, authorities said Friday.

A house caretaker found Jett, 16, unconscious in a bathroom late Friday morning. He was taken by ambulance to a Freeport hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Police Superintendent Basil Rahming said in a statement.

The teenager had last been seen entering the bathroom on Thursday and had a history of seizures, according to the statement. An autopsy is planned.

Jett apparently hit his head on the bathtub, said a police officer who declined to be named because she was not authorized to speak on the matter.

More (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090103/ap_on_en_mo/cb_bahamas_travolta_s_son)

marinejcksn
01-03-2009, 12:24 PM
RIP and prayers to his family. This is a sad story, 16 is so young.:(

PoliCon
01-03-2009, 01:11 PM
:( very sad. Not even a total duche like John revolting deserves this. :(

RobJohnson
01-03-2009, 05:11 PM
I was shocked when I frist heard about this, how sad!

wilbur
01-03-2009, 05:57 PM
:( very sad. Not even a total duche like John revolting deserves this. :(

Well, take it with a grain of salt, but many are looking at Travolta's Scientology beliefs as partly to blame.... apparently most people think his kid had autism... and one of the symptoms can be seizures.... but Scientologists "don't believe" in autism... hence they refused to treat him or even acknowledge the possibility. So it might be better to say the kid didnt deserve that... but Travolta may have had it coming.

Sonnabend
01-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Or, wilbur, perhaps in this case, it might have been better if you had said nothing at all

A father should never have to bury his son.:(

wilbur
01-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Or, wilbur, perhaps in this case, it might have been better if you had said nothing at all

A father should never have to bury his son.:(

No they really never should have too... but its made all the more tragic and sobering when it may have been preventable... or at least the chances could have been reduced.

Such is the danger of cults..

Sonnabend
01-03-2009, 06:21 PM
No they really never should have too... but its made all the more tragic and sobering when it may have been preventable... or at least the chances could have been reduced.

Such is the danger of cults..Wilbur. You are assuming facts you cant confirm, you dont know any of what you are jabbering on about, and this is neither the time, nor the place.

Enough.

PLEASE.

Goldwater
01-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Wilbur. You are assuming facts you cant confirm, you dont know any of what you are jabbering on about, and this is neither the time, nor the place.

Enough.

PLEASE.

The son went through a Scientology "detoxification" when he was 9, and apparently was improving his health according to the parents.

RIP young man.

hampshirebrit
01-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Wilbur. You are assuming facts you cant confirm, you dont know any of what you are jabbering on about, and this is neither the time, nor the place.

Enough.

PLEASE.

Yeah, Wilbur, stop upsetting Sonna, willya. Jeez!!! WTF is wrong with you? :rolleyes:

Zathras
01-03-2009, 08:34 PM

Such is the danger of cults..

Yeah, we see that with you and the cult of atheism....now shut the fuck up and let the poor kid rest in peace.

Jumpy
01-04-2009, 08:53 AM
John Travolta is not going to be reading this thread. :rolleyes:

When I read of Travolta's tragedy, I thought the same thing that Wilbur thought. Scientology, and it's ridiculous claims about autism and mental health issues. I don't think them publicly acknowledging autism could've stopped a freak accident from happening though. Very sad for the family.

Sonnabend
01-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Scientology, and it's ridiculous claims about autism and mental health issues. I don't think them publicly acknowledging autism could've stopped a freak accident from happening though.

And yet there is no proof his son was ever autistic (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/4092350/Travolta-son-to-have-autopsy-amid-autism-allegations.html)

Jett had a long history of seizures and other medical problems, including complications resulting from Kawasaki disease, a rare lymph-node disorder that causes severe rashes and fevers, Travolta told investigators.

Rumours are not proof, nor are they fact.

Jumpy
01-04-2009, 09:20 AM
And yet there is no proof his son was ever autistic (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/4092350/Travolta-son-to-have-autopsy-amid-autism-allegations.html)

Rumours are not proof, nor are they fact.
Travolta does not believe Autism exists, so of course he will not acknowledge that his son may have had it, along with the myriad of other health issues. If he was following the teachings of his religion, I wonder if he was even able to treat his son, medically, for the seizures that he was having.

SarasotaRepub
01-04-2009, 09:44 AM
It is a tragic death, I think we can all agree on that.

Sonnabend
01-04-2009, 02:38 PM
My point is that we don't know he was autistic, we don't know anything other than he fell, hit his head and died, and we don't know if Scientology had anything to do with his death.

I don't think them publicly acknowledging autism could've stopped a freak accident from happening though.

You're assuming he has to puiblically acknoiwledge domethng hios son never had.

We don't know..and this kind of speculation and finger pointing is....distasteful. And best left to places like DU.

BSR
01-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Jesus, John Travolta and Kelly Preston lost a child... I don't care if he will read this, show some class.

AmPat
01-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Terrible news. Sorry for your loss.
Nothing else needs be said at this point.:(

Jumpy
01-04-2009, 08:57 PM
$cientology is a sick cult, IMO, and among other things, they deny that autism, and mental illness even exists. Treat it with "detoxing", etc.

Are we allowed to criticize a parent who, for religious reasons, will not allow a life saving blood transfusion for their child? If the child dies... dare we criticize the parent??

If the Travoltas withheld medicine that could have prevented seizures,(seizures are very common for autistic people) then they are fair game for criticism. I hope the autopsy shows if the son was being treated, or if this seizure could have been prevented.

That said, I do think the parents were doing what they thought was best for their son, in spite of the cult that they are supporting.

RobJohnson
01-04-2009, 09:04 PM
John Travolta is not going to be reading this thread. :rolleyes:

You never know, this is the place to be! :D

RobJohnson
01-04-2009, 09:11 PM
$cientology is a sick cult, IMO, and among other things, they deny that autism, and mental illness even exists. Treat it with "detoxing", etc.

Are we allowed to criticize a parent who, for religious reasons, will not allow a life saving blood transfusion for their child? If the child dies... dare we criticize the parent??

If the Travoltas withheld medicine that could have prevented seizures,(seizures are very common for autistic people) then they are fair game for criticism. I hope the autopsy shows if the son was being treated, or if this seizure could have been prevented.

That said, I do think the parents were doing what they thought was best for their son, in spite of the cult that they are supporting.

It cured Tom Cruise of dyslexia. :D

Tom's Dylslexia (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090104/ts_alt_afp/entertainmentusfilmpeoplecruise_090104183547)

Jumpy
01-04-2009, 09:12 PM
It cured Tom Cruise of dyslexia. :D

Tom's Dylslexia (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090104/ts_alt_afp/entertainmentusfilmpeoplecruise_090104183547)

oh for dogs sakes. :p

RobJohnson
01-04-2009, 09:21 PM
oh for dogs sakes. :p

I do agree it's a cult.

But, I still feel really sad for the Travolta family right now.:mad:

PoliCon
01-04-2009, 10:12 PM
I do agree it's a cult.

But, I still feel really sad for the Travolta family right now.:mad:I feel even more for that poor boy. :( Have mercy upon his soul Lord.

AmPat
01-04-2009, 10:31 PM

Of course we can discuss this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at a more appropriate time.

CueSi
01-05-2009, 02:10 AM
Is now okay?

~QC

AmPat
01-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Is now okay?

~QC

:rolleyes: Whatever. :rolleyes:

noonwitch
01-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Well, take it with a grain of salt, but many are looking at Travolta's Scientology beliefs as partly to blame.... apparently most people think his kid had autism... and one of the symptoms can be seizures.... but Scientologists "don't believe" in autism... hence they refused to treat him or even acknowledge the possibility. So it might be better to say the kid didnt deserve that... but Travolta may have had it coming.

The first thought I had after the news people mentioned seizures, was if the family had refused to treat it with medicine because of Scientology.

I still think that Isaac Hayes would be with us today if he had received proper medical treatment.