View Full Version : Home Weather Stations

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Does anyone have one?

SarasotaRepub
01-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Of course. :D

A wireless one from Oregon Scientific.
The little temp sensor is out back attached to the house in a shaded area.
No wind speed sensor though. :(

lurkalot
01-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Does opening the door, saying "FUCK ITS COLD OUT THERE" and slamming it shut again count?:confused:

ironhorsedriver
01-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Does opening the door, saying "FUCK ITS COLD OUT THERE" and slamming it shut again count?:confused:

I find it to be one of the most accurate means of forcasting available.

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2009, 01:22 PM

LOL. Yes, but....

That's an analogue system. I'm looking for something digital.

lurkalot
01-04-2009, 02:03 PM
LOL. Yes, but....

tell you what
send me outside in this weather and I got a digit I'll show you :mad:

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2009, 02:05 PM
tell you what
send me outside in this weather and I got a digit I'll show you :mad:

Was that a James Bond movie...Coldfinger?

lurkalot
01-04-2009, 02:13 PM
and exactly why do you need one of those fancy weather station thingees?
if its cold outside, its cold..if its hot, its hot..
not like you can do anything about it

for a so called hillbilly you ain't got much zen with life do ya? SR I can understand he seems to be a twitchy little feller that likes to be in control. But a true hillbilly would just sit around stare at their bib overalled belly and say "it is what it is"...

I'm calling on your hillbilly card :cool:

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2009, 02:26 PM
and exactly why do you need one of those fancy weather station thingees?
if its cold outside, its cold..if its hot, its hot..
not like you can do anything about it

for a so called hillbilly you ain't got much zen with life do ya? SR I can understand he seems to be a twitchy little feller that likes to be in control. But a true hillbilly would just sit around stare at their bib overalled belly and say "it is what it is"...

I'm calling on your hillbilly card :cool:

Ah. Lotus Blossom....

It was the great sage George Jones who gave us the phrase High-Tech Redneck. I just wrapped that concept around my own Hillbilly sensibilities. CMT on the satellite.

Hillbilly is a state of mind. It is neither north nor south nor east nor west. It is not down or up. It is inward. In embracing my Inner Hillbilly, I am indeed embracing the Universe.

And bicycles are very essence of zen.

lurkalot
01-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Ah. Lotus Blossom....

It was the great sage George Jones who gave us the phrase High-Tech Redneck. I just wrapped that concept around my own Hillbilly sensibilities. CMT on the satellite.

Hillbilly is a state of mind. It is neither north nor south nor east nor west. It is not down or up. It is inward. In embracing my Inner Hillbilly, I am indeed embracing the Universe.

And bicycles are very essence of zen.

ah Spandex Grasshopper
a bicycle should only be used after an unfortunate DUI incarceration

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2009, 02:38 PM
ah Spandex Grasshopper
a bicycle should only be used after an unfortunate DUI incarceration

Interesting legal question. I wonder if you can get a BUI?

Guess it depends on how the law is written.

Anyway, Lotus Blossom....

The essence of the Hillbilly is simplicity. Whisky neat. Coffee black. Microwave burritos.

lurkalot
01-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Interesting legal question. I wonder if you can get a BUI?

Guess it depends on how the law is written.

Anyway, Lotus Blossom....

The essence of the Hillbilly is simplicity. Whisky neat. Coffee black. Microwave burritos.

yet you want one of them fancy weather station. It's your natural urge for possession that is holding you back in your spiritual journey. remember do not become attached to anything you can't pack and take with you in the middle of the night in a 72 Dodge pickup with no tailgate. only then will you find true inner hillbilly

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2009, 02:50 PM
yet you want one of them fancy weather station. It's your natural urge for possession that is holding you back in your spiritual journey. remember do not become attached to anything you can't pack and take with you in the middle of the night in a 72 Dodge pickup with no tailgate. only then will you find true inner hillbilly

Ah Lotus Blossom, I want to know the overnight low so when I drive my 89 Dodge RamCharger (with the back seat removed: Oh Yes ) over the bridges at Tallulah Falls I'll know if there may be ice.

lurkalot
01-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Ah Lotus Blossom, I want to know the overnight low so when I drive my 89 Dodge RamCharger (with the back seat removed: Oh Yes ) over the bridges at Tallulah Falls I'll know if there may be ice.

now that is a good point! saw a fuel truck overturned on the highway yesterday!

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2009, 03:05 PM
now that is a good point! saw a fuel truck overturned on the highway yesterday!

Now that fuel prices are back below $2.00 a gallon, I'm gonna drive my Big Ol' Dodge to work about twice a week. :D

lurkalot
01-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Now that fuel prices are back below $2.00 a gallon, I'm gonna drive my Big Ol' Dodge to work about twice a week. :D

you have a job?:eek:

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2009, 03:41 PM
you have a job?:eek:

Yeah. I know I give the impression of being independently wealthy but Ms Bubba says I have to go to work.

ironhorsedriver
01-04-2009, 08:43 PM
She's probably like my wife. The Company pays me what they think I'm worth, then she gives me what she thinks I'm worth. Some how I come up a little short.
And my 88 350 will pull the bridge off it's foundation!

lurkalot
01-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah. I know I give the impression of being independently wealthy but Ms Bubba says I have to go to work.

I could swear the last time I talked to her she called it "daycare"..but maybe I had a poor phone connection on my end...:rolleyes:

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
I could swear the last time I talked to her she called it "daycare"..but maybe I had a poor phone connection on my end...:rolleyes:

You were the one she was talkin' to.....:eek:

So, when she's talking about Little Lord Fauntleroy, that's....me...:eek::mad:

lurkalot
01-04-2009, 09:49 PM
You were the one she was talkin' to....

So, when she's talking about Little Lord Fauntleroy, that's....me...:eek::mad:

thats what I figured..:cool: I just love those little pet names she has for you..like sissy boy...future insurance payout...future late husband...you two are just so cute together :D

Zeus
01-04-2009, 09:57 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/366/49/320/Weather%20Rock.jpg

If rock is wet, it is raining.

If rock is green, it rained a while ago.

If rock is white, it is snowing.

If rock is shaking, there is an earthquake.

If rock is dry, the weather is fair.

If rock is swinging, it's windy.

If rock is warm, the sun is out.

If rock is not visible, it's dark outside.

If rock is under water, there is a flood.

If rock is gone, there is a tornado (Run!!)

djones520
01-06-2009, 09:54 AM
My first couple years in the AF I was a nut about weather. I'd constantly pay attention to it wherever I went. Eventually I settled down about it to the point it sometimes annoys me to hear people talking about the weather when I'm outside of work.

Last thing you'll find in my house is a home weather station.

RobJohnson
01-07-2009, 04:13 AM
:D
LOL. Yes, but....

There's a high tech version of that??? :D

I like to know how much rain we get. I need a rain gauge.