PDA

View Full Version : Your Animal Personality. Quiz.

Gingersnap
06-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Wild Dog
Genera and species: Canis canidae
Collective Term: A tribe of wild dogs

Description
Most people who meet a wild dog are struck by its energetic, demonstrative and restless behavior. This mid-sized individual differs from its domestic dog and wolf cousins in a number of notable ways: it is physically more powerful than the domestic dog, and its social structure differs dramatically from that of the lone wolf. It is difficult to describe the wild dog's personality without explaining it in terms of its pack of friends, for wild dogs don't see themselves as rugged individualists but rather as members of a social team that demands constant bonding and cooperation.

Thinking of bringing that new invention of yours to the market? Put a wild dog in charge. For no one can take an idea and run with it, better than this hardy individual. Its powers of endurance and canine enthusiasm make for such a powerful combination, that wild dogs are consistently amongst the highest wage earners. So why don't they simply run their own businesses and reap the rewards? Well for one thing, they don't possess the leadership and entrepreneurial talents of their canine cousins. Instead, by concentrating on relationship building and teamwork, wild dogs achieve the kind of job satisfaction that no salary can replace.

Wild dogs are highly principled individuals although they take a while before placing their trust in others. Employers should give them a lot of freedom since they do not perform well in structured environments. When it comes to stamina, they are without equal and are usually the first to arrive and the last to leave. Versatile in their skills, their sharp minds can adapt to almost any environment,

A wild dog will not overwhelm you with its beauty, nor can it match the suave Tom Cruise style of the wolf. Instead, its mating strategy is summarized in two words: persistence and endurance. By wearing down its quarry with an endless offering of flowers, cards, and romantic dinners, the prey eventually succumbs to sheer exhaustion. The wild dog is clearly a dog at heart and is willing to romp with the best of them but manages to maintain its dignity under the most demanding bedroom conditions.

It could have been worse, it could have been the Warthog. :(

I'm sure the rest of you will do much better. Find your animal personality here. (http://www.animalinyou.com/survey.asp)

BSR
06-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Rhinoceros
Genera and species: Diceros bicornis
Collective Term: A crash of rhinos

Description
Brawny and self-assured, these cantankerous beasts allow nothing to stand in their way. Unaccountably mistrustful of strangers, rhino personalities perceive themselves to be gentle and reasonable, but even they acknowledge that their periodic bouts of rage need to be brought under control. O.J. Simpson and Mike Tyson are typical rhinos. Admired by friends for their physical strength and loyalty, their inability to confront their demons inhibits their personal growth and alienates their public. So, while rhinos are capable of immense passion, the combination of their insecurity and ardor has the potential to become a steamy romance, a masterful creative expression, or a terrible explosion of temper.

With such a cantankerous personality the rhino's unpopularity is hardly surprising, and its bullying reputation is carefully cultivated to ensure the solitude it craves. Rhinos prefer staying close to home and never go looking for trouble, but can prove to be a dangerous creature with an uncontrollable temper. With their formidable bulk and tightly wound natures, even the most aggressive carnivorous personalities give them a wide berth. When not engaged in physical activities, they prefer spending quiet time with their families or taking long walks with close friends.

Rhinos are proud of their girth and spend a great deal of time bulking up, either in the gym or grazing happily at their favorite restaurant. They have none of the subtlety or intelligence of their elephant colleagues however, but do have a gift for smooth talk. Persuasive when making a point, they spice their conversation with curses and colorful language and have little interest in the finer thing in life. For all their faults, however, they have a uniquely engaging charm and their determination and grit engenders grudging respect from their colleagues.

Surprisingly delicate in bed, rhinos are skillful lovers. Although their tastes lean towards traditional physical pleasures, they occasionally love to express themselves in ways that will startles even the most jaded partner. The rhino yearns for a long-term mate who will put up with its aggressive behavior, but its inability to engage in intimacy makes it hard to find a willing partner. So, it is reduced to settling for shallow and trifling relationships, and these inadequate encounters make the rhino even more cynical about relationships -- leading to self-fulfilling prophecies.

Getting to know a rhino can be an exhausting business, for it tends to rely on wordless forms of communication that must then be carefully interpreted. But, rhinos will let you know in no uncertain terms when you have crossed its line. For they do not suffer fools gladly and often hurt the ones they love.

This is more Shannon than me... Yeah I went there.

Gingersnap
06-20-2008, 08:21 PM
So, it is reduced to settling for shallow and trifling relationships, and these inadequate encounters make the rhino even more cynical about relationships -- leading to self-fulfilling prophecies.

It's like I can see into your soul, dude. :eek:

Bubba Dawg
06-20-2008, 08:40 PM
I am the Walrus. Walrus....

This so nails me.

Walrus
Genera and species: Odobenus rosmarus
Collective Term: A suet of walrus
Description
These superficially benign individuals are usually easy to recognize. When you think of walruses, think of those large people sunning their perfectly rounded bellies at the beach. Or just think of Wilford Brimley. Either way, the walrus is that ruddy uncle at the family reunion, who dispenses charm and off-color jokes like donuts.

Aah donuts! Walruses have an unrelenting sweet tooth and a weakness for home cooking, and though they might seem comfortable with their roly-poly physiques -- one shouldn't overdo the teasing. Underneath that thick skin is a surprisingly sensitive spirit. But still, it's difficult to embarrass a walrus. Nothing in life is taken so seriously that it cannot be laughed at. Its infectious love for life contaminates everyone who has unprotected encounters with this hearty beast.

Walruses are not to be trifled with however, and as good-natured as they appear, they can be cantankerous and aggressive when slighted. Mostly however, their bark is worse than their bite and their big-hearted natures soon reassert themselves.

Although it is accustomed to large groups of people, the walrus is self-contained and respects the privacy of others. It is happiest when surrounded by the comforts of home and feels little need to travel far afield. For all their carefree mannerisms, walruses are dependable and forthright, and people are attracted to their consistent and predictable personalities. A walrus friend can always be counted on to dish out a loan or lend a hand.

Walruses don't shower their lovers with gifts, but communicate their feelings with demonstrative hugs and sloppy kisses instead. Their biggest asset is their hearty laugh; a generous, deep-bellied guffaw that can disarm even the most cynical, and with such an engaging disposition it's easy to see why walruses are so effective in their social lives. In the bedroom, the assessment is not quite so encouraging. With their belief that affection can substitute for physical contact, they tend to be lazy and indifferent to their partners' sexual needs.

Walruses not natural communicators and prefer to let their actions speak for themselves. But when pushed to disclose their feelings, they will reveal the naked truth. When they've achieved closeness with that special someone, they throw open the hatches and reveal a genuinely loving soul.

Careers and Hobbies
Food inspector Store manager
Government worker Actor
Watching TV Babysitting
Dinner parties Playing cards

Famous Walruses
Drew Carey, Roseanne Barr, Wilford Brimley, Boris Yeltsin

SaintLouieWoman
06-20-2008, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE][You are either a Owl (http://www.animalinyou.com/Owl.htm) or a Penguin (http://www.animalinyou.com/Penguin.htm) personality.

/QUOTE]

Gingersnap
06-20-2008, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE][You are either a Owl (http://www.animalinyou.com/Owl.htm) or a Penguin (http://www.animalinyou.com/Penguin.htm) personality.

/QUOTE]

Well, which is it? :D

SaintLouieWoman
06-20-2008, 09:48 PM
[quote=SaintLouieWoman;10887]

Who knows? Right now I'm sitting here in pain, can't walk and ticked off at SR for spending $150 for a stupid shower head. Guess I should have limped and gone with him. I guess when I think about it, I'm more of an owl. A penguin wouldn't be as thrifty as I am. :D

SarasotaRepub
06-20-2008, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=SaintLouieWoman;10887]

I got SLW beat, I'm either a Penguin, a dog, or an owl. :D
That's what it said...

Gingersnap
06-20-2008, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=Gingersnap;10888]

I got SLW beat, I'm either a Penguin, a dog, or an owl. :D
That's what it said...

You're a dog. But we knew that. Woof!

Shannon
06-20-2008, 11:06 PM
I refuse to post my results. :mad:

crockspot
06-20-2008, 11:20 PM

LOL... do we get to guess?

Mine came up "You are either a Penguin or a Owl personality."

Gingersnap
06-20-2008, 11:45 PM

You got Warthog, didn't you? What did Dark Scribe get? :D

DarkScribe
06-21-2008, 12:03 AM

Okay, the bidding starts NOW! To the highest bidder--I will open a PayPal account--will the results of My Dearest's Animal Quiz results!!! (Actually, I do know them but have been sworn to secrecy...well, threatened)

I am a Penguin or Bison...:p

Constitutionally Speaking
06-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Congratulations. (You passed The Animal in You Test.)
You are either a Horse or a Fox personality.
But you may also be a Owl personality.
Horses are those strong, capable people that breeze through life with envious ease. But a closer look at these free-spirited personalities finds surprisingly complicated individuals that are sensitive to criticism and hate to be ignored.
No one should say anything behind the horse's back though, for its sense of hearing is fiercely acute and its temper carries quite a kick. Friendly, sensible, and ticklish, horses insist at taking charge of their lives unless a special someone comes along and takes control. Then the horse suddenly becomes a supportive, broad-shouldered mate ready to go anywhere and support any burden for the good of the relationship. They are deliberate creatures and are always trying to anticipate life's obstacles. Although it is capable of bounding over most challenges, it certainly isn't too proud to admit its shortcomings by taking the easy route wherever possible.

With confidence in their strength and speed, horses are unintimidated by hard physical work. Their stamina makes them good candidates for any type of manual labor and they are dedicated employees. When tasked with challenging jobs, they'll champ at the bit to show off their capabilities. With their gregarious natures, these sturdy beasts generally rise to the top of their fields, especially in sales and public relations positions, but due to their lack of aggression are not natural leaders. They prefer to slipstream behind others and control events from behind the scenes. If they are to be found in the political arena, it is usually in a key advisory position and are almost never the person in the limelight.

There are very few true friends in the horse's stable of acquaintances, for the carefree horse simply does not have the time to cultivate deep relationships. It's not that the horse is a loner or anything, it simply prefers the freedom of uncommitted alliances. Horses are great protectors of their children who are encouraged to sow their wild oats. But they always maintain a tight rein and children are only allowed to gambol close to home. The horse relaxes its discipline as its offspring matures and once it has reached young adulthood, it is given a word of encouragement, a slap on the tail and sent on its way.

The best way to get a horse's attention is to be patient and gentle, for the horse responds better to a whisper than it does a shout.

Cold Warrior
06-21-2008, 07:40 AM
You are either a Lion or a Rooster personality.
But you may also be a Fox personality.

Lion
Genera and species: Panthera leo
Collective Term: A pride of lions

Description
The lion personality has the unmistakable presence of nobility. Moving with the unruffled calm of a cat and the dignified gait of someone in command, lions have no need to walk or talk quickly since they're never in danger of being ignored or marginalized. Every now and then, the lion will play to its gruff reputation by dramatically reprimanding a subordinate or impulsively making love to its partner with unsheathed claws. But underneath all its hissing and scratching it's still a pussycat at heart.

When a lion is hired into a new job, things immediately begin to change. Alliances are forged and old rules are thrown out without regard for the feelings of others. In short order, there is a new sense of direction and a tangible sense of confidence that percolates throughout the organization. Perhaps because of their powerful personalities, lions are not detail oriented, for the minutia of the mundane irritates the lion, who prefers to concentrates on the bigger picture, expecting its mate to do the 'trivial' tasks of shopping, housekeeping, and childrearing.

In business, the lion prefers to surround itself with animals beneath it in the food chain; offering leadership, strength and protection in exchange for loyalty and hard work. Realizing that its survival depends on these animals, it is protective and possessive with its employees, but at the end of the day, insists on taking the lion's share of the profits.

In bed, lions are ardent and spontaneous, and the lion's lover can look forward to being the object of a wonderfully intense desire. Unfortunately, this enthusiasm only lasts for a few minutes before a mighty roar signals the end of the performance. On the positive side of the ledger, lions display their admirable stamina by quickly regaining their animal passions.

There are only a few personality types that are able to withstand the pressures of marriage to a lion, and herbivores such as sheep, deer, sable, and bison are especially at risk of being mauled by its sharp wit and tongue. The lion is better served in sticking to relationships with larger carnivores like bears and tigers who can match the lion pound for pound.

Well, some parts are accurate. :D

linda22003
06-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Here's what I got, with the traits I agree with bolded:

Wildcat
Genera and species: Felis sylvestris
Collective Term: A clowder of wildcats
Description
Wildcat personalities do not differ substantially from their domestic cousins Felis Domesiticus and exhibit the aloof behavior that is common to all felines. With their well-deserved reputations as creatures of comfort, wildcats jealously guard their independence while indulging in the finer things in life. Attractive, solitary, creative, and curious, these individuals are quite happy to observe the world from a distance.

The wildcat would never take a conventional route, preferring to explore life from off the beaten track -- relying heavily on its instincts and powers of observation to guide it safely through the jungle. Its air of indifference and need for privacy keeps it on the outskirts of society, but its love for comfort always brings it back
The wildcat differs from its lion relatives in its approach to its social structure. With an aversion to the complex family organization of the lion, the wildcat finds freedom and self-indulgence to be far more compelling. So as a natural explorer, it disdains staying in one place for long, preferring the freedom of solitary roaming. in exotic locales. This wanderlust makes it ideal for a career as a travel agent, explorer, mountain climber, researcher or writer.

It's difficult to really know cats. Although they make little attempt to disguise their emotions, their communication style is somewhat abstract. They readily display their disgust and boredom as it stalk off to spend solitary time sulking. Usually however, they return to the place that offers them security and creature comforts. Close alliances are formed with others that share their eremitic and wandering ways. Horse and deer, and tiger personalities are good candidates as soul mates, while gorillas provide them with much appreciated security.

Wildcats are also incorrigible flirts and their feline mannerisms are attractive to members of the opposite sex. As a result, wildcats almost always get what they want -- plenty of pampering without the nuisance of a long-term mate. And making love to one is more than just a lot of hissing and scratching, for it is a curious lover whose tendency to get lost in the moment guarantees an unpredictable encounter.

Because of the wildcat's tendency to protect its independence, it can be difficult to get it to talk about personal issues. But when it comes to matters of the world, the wildcat loves a challenging debate. It is thoughtful and insightful on neutral themes, but when things get personal . . . logic flies out the window with the cat close on its heels.

linda22003
06-21-2008, 08:08 AM

Why? Was the animal fat? :p

Gingersnap
06-21-2008, 09:55 AM

Now that's just low.

Pretty funny, though. :D

BSR
06-21-2008, 10:07 AM

Rhino? :confused::p

AmPat
06-21-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm a
WOLF
Careers and Hobbies
Law enforcement Soldier Medical fields Trial Lawyer
Team sports Outdoor activities
Theater Debating

Famous Wolves
Christian Slater, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Hillary Clinton
Huh?

Shannon
06-21-2008, 12:47 PM

Actually no. It would just provide too much entertainment for certain posters if I posted my results. I take enough abuse around here.:p

BSR
06-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Actually no. It would just provide too much entertainment for certain posters if I posted my results. I take enough abuse around here.:p

I find no humor in your suffering. Do you need a hug? :o

Junebug68
06-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Woo hoo, I'm a FOX! :D

Appealing and cerebral and of average size, the fox is a close relative of both the wolf and dog personalities and displays typical canine qualities of loyalty, passion and creativity. Largely misunderstood to be a shy, retreating individual, it's the fox's unique stature as a small carnivore that defines its survival strategy. Because it cannot succeed in the world using brute force alone, it must rely on its sharp mind and engaging personality to garner resources, and it consequently spends a lot of time in its head -- giving the impression that it's trying to outsmart its friends. So the fox is often surprised to learn that its intellectual pursuits are intimidating.

So, the fox tempers its serious nature with a sardonic sense of humor and engaging playfulness while interacting with its eclectic community. It expects others to be as honest about their strengths and shortcomings as it is of its own, and while these high expectations don't make the fox a snob, it expects its friends to first demonstrate their worthiness before returning the favor with loyalty and devotion.

Foxes are typically successful in the work place but their competitiveness and ambition sometimes makes coworkers feel belittled. They would never deliberately take advantage of others, but their single-mindedness often blinds them to their feelings. So they thrive in their own businesses and like to surround themselves with family and friends in these ventures. Although they demand consensus in all decisions, they dominate discussions and steer the plans to reflect their own agenda.

A discussion with a fox is invariably stimulating and challenging. Its great curiosity and worldly experience makes it a wonderful conversationalist and it's able to hold forth on a number of different topics with ease. Sometimes, however, the fox will view a conversation as a competitive challenge, which proves to be off-putting and annoying to its companions.

Careers and Hobbies
Computer programmer Lawyer
Doctor Advertising
Chess Gambling
Debating Jeopardy

Famous Foxes
David Duchovny, Hugh Grant, Johnny Cocharan, Michael J. Fox.

:cool:

InspiredHome
06-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Bat
Genera: Pteropus
Collective Term: A cauldron of bats

Description
This is a decidedly nonconformist creature, for as an airborne personality, the bat tends to look down at the conventions of the ground animals. And yet, since it is not a true bird and having not mastered the art of smooth controlled flight, it often appears awkward in social situations. (Hence the term -- acting batty). But as compensation for this social ungainliness, many bat personalities sport a built-in radar, which enables them to intuitively read the motivations of others.

Identifying bat personalities is not difficult. Being nocturnal creatures, they come alive at night and can be spotted in underground clubs or dimly lit bars. They prefer the sanctuary of dark clothing and dark corners, and you'll never see a bat sporting a heavy tan. These are intelligent, spiritual, creative individuals who use their full range of senses (other than their poor eyesight) to carefully navigate their way through life.

Bats have a habit of flitting in and out of social situations, swooping down to interact briefly with others before quickly flying off to resume their bat lives. Unassertive and aloof, they'll take flight at the first hint of a confrontation to seek comfort in their personal spaces that are decorated in unusual but expressive ways. The bat's sixth sense gives it a number of advantages in its work, and its insightful nature enables it to understand others better than it understands itself.

In the romance department, bats are enamored with the idea of love more than they are with its colder realities. Decidedly untraditional, they are prone to flights of extraordinary fantasy -- and it's not the traditional Ken and Barbie type of romance that tickles its fancy either. It's the Bram Stoker kind: dark, moody and gothic.

Bat personalities have an enormous sense of loyalty and if you ever do a favor for a bat, it will never relax until it has paid you back. In fact, in nature, the bat is the only animal (other than man) to demonstrate true altruism when unrelated individuals will unselfishly offer food to a cave-mate without expectation anything in return. This powerful sense of quid pro quo is one of the defining characteristics of the bat personality and anyone should consider themselves lucky to be in a bat's good graces.

Bats have no strong yearning for parenthood, for the kind of ego gratification that comes with having one's own children doesn't appeal to its karmic temperament. They are instead quite content to satisfy their maternal or paternal instincts by adopting or merely baby-sitting. If they do have children, they prove to be perfunctory parents: methodical yet unconventional . Still, bats place great emphasis on ethics and morality and insist that their children be indoctrinated in the values of good citizenship.

Careers and Hobbies
Psychiatrist Artist
Social Worker Archeologist
Writer Musician

Socializing Philosophy

Famous Bats
Nostradamus, Gypsy Rose Lee.

I think I'm in trouble. :eek:

Jumpy
06-21-2008, 07:48 PM
I hate taking quizzes. I want to cheat and give answers from different times in my life when I was most confident (now), or most sexy (not now) etc etc. I didnt take the quiz.. I figured the results would be yucky.

BSR
06-21-2008, 07:57 PM
I hate taking quizzes. I want to cheat and give answers from different times in my life when I was most confident (now), or most sexy (not now) etc etc. I didnt take the quiz.. I figured the results would be yucky.

for fuck sakes, what animal are you? :mad:

Jumpy
06-21-2008, 08:20 PM
for fuck sakes, what animal are you? :mad:

cripes almighty, do I have to take the test???? :mad:

Jumpy
06-21-2008, 08:24 PM
You are either a Wild Cat or a Fox personality.
But you may also be a Bear personality.

There.. I took the stupid test. I might be a wild cat.. or a fox.. or a bear personality. Sweet.

BSR
06-21-2008, 08:42 PM
You are either a Wild Cat or a Fox personality.
But you may also be a Bear personality.

There.. I took the stupid test. I might be a wild cat.. or a fox.. or a bear personality. Sweet.

you are a warthog, thank you..

LogansPapa
06-22-2008, 12:04 AM

If you can't see your own reflection in a mirror - how can you?:cool:

LogansPapa
06-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Bear

Genera and species: Euarctos Americanus
Collective Term: A maul of bears

Description: Conflicting forces shape the bear's nature. Since it is a classic omnivore, this burly beast exhibits two distinct sides to its personality. The carnivorous component makes the bear gruff and powerful, while its herbivorous side reveals a sensitive and intelligent individual.

With their gruff outgoing personalities, their burly physiques and strong characters make bears easy to identify. Their natural confidence and swaggering gaits puts others on notice that a bear is present. They require a great deal of personal space and when they enter a room, the tension level rises. As youngsters, bears excel in sports, although their propensity for laziness relegates it to being an observer and fan in later life. Familiar with the seduction of the couch, their ability to sleep soundly is legendary throughout the animal world.

Although it is aware and intelligent, the bear mostly succeeds from the sheer force of its personality. Rarely challenged to reach its full intellectual potential, it dominates conversations with its intense single-mindedness. However, it is unwilling to argue from a position that it doesn't truly believe in, which makes it a lousy lawyer.

Bearsroutinely enjoy success in all aspects of their industrious lives and their large and capable frames elicit respect and admiration in the workplace. Their natural leadership talents make them suitable for jobs in management, academia and personnel training. General Norman Schwarzkopf is the quintessential bear personality, typifying this breed's no-nonsense head-on approach to life.

Two elements define the bear's style of debate. Never avoid an argument and never back down. Bears will batter their opponents into submission just for the endorphin rush -- for there's nothing a bear enjoys more than pitting every drop of its intellectual juices against the mind of a worthy opponent.

These large carnivores are not the most reciprocating of lovers and their mating habits can be described as intense, speedy and sweaty -- never as romantic or extravagant. But still, they're always willing to get the fur flying, and their mates secretly appreciate the passion and ferocity of their sexual interest.

Careers and Hobbies P.E. Teacher Politics
Teaching Military
Camping Outdoor Activities
Sleeping Competing
Fishing Debating

Famous Bears
Teddy Roosevelt, Babe Ruth, Norman Schwartzkop, Jack Nicklaus.