PDA

View Full Version : Obama picks Leon Panetta as CIA head...

asdf2231
01-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Obama picks Leon Panetta as CIA head.

Jan 5 03:44 PM US/Eastern

US president-elect Barack Obama has chosen former lawmaker and White House chief of staff Leon Panetta to head the Central Intelligence Agency, US media reported Monday.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=090105194405.aqrrd1do&show_article=1

asdf2231
01-05-2009, 03:13 PM
BOHICA folks.

ReaganForRus
01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
So when the CIA revisits the failed policies of the Clinton Administration by treating the GWoT as a "police" matter, who will be blamed when there is a greater attack on the US, surpassing even 9-11?, .........George Bush?:confused:

megimoo
01-05-2009, 03:43 PM
BOHICA folks.Naw, Panetta reminds me of Bagdad Bob !
DCI is a nothing political job with little power and they keep him in the dark and stuff him full of quasi secret crap .

Zathras
01-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Well, there's some more "hope and change" for ya....right back to the Clinton administration.

wiegenlied
01-05-2009, 04:24 PM
The officials also said that retired Adm. Dennis Blair, who formerly headed the U.S. Navy's Pacific Command, will be tapped as director of national intelligence

Lars1701a
01-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Well, there's some more "hope and change" for ya....right back to the Clinton administration.

Didnt this douche nozzle make a mockery of the Dept of transportation?

Speedy
01-05-2009, 04:39 PM
These next four years are shaping up to be a disaster.

Zeus
01-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Didnt this douche nozzle make a mockery of the Dept of transportation?

Naw, Panetta was a Calif House Of Reps member then he was Clinton White House Cheif of Staff. Been a Talking head on the political shows sinse then.

Lars1701a
01-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Naw, Panetta was a Calif House Of Reps member then he was Clinton White House Cheif of Staff. Been a Talking head on the political shows sinse then.

No I think he was head of the DoT in the first 4 years of bush, let me check on that

On edit: I guess you are right, for the life of me I heared Ann coulter talking about him being the head of the DoT

asdf2231
01-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Thank God for this!

Now we will be safe if Al-Qaeda tries to blow anybody in the oval office. :rolleyes:

BSR
01-05-2009, 05:24 PM
In a time like this where we are facing a global threat from terrorism and they put in some guy with absolutely zero intelligence background? WOW, good work on dooming us all Obama. :eek:

linda22003
01-05-2009, 05:26 PM
No I think he was head of the DoT in the first 4 years of bush, let me check on that

Norman Mineta, not Leon Panetta. Jesus H. :rolleyes:

Lars1701a
01-05-2009, 05:28 PM

I can picture you near a computer and someone makes a mistake like the one I made and you start shivering and then your OCD kicks in (the annoying #$%^ one). :cool:

On edit: Real lady like taking the Lord's name in vain. (forgot all the dudes you have done, go right ahead and vain away)

Lars1701a
01-05-2009, 05:36 PM

Bah its hard telling one clinton hack from another, but i guess the magic negro hiring all of them back I will take the the time to learn all the info on them I can. :p

linda22003
01-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Just because a name rhymes does not mean it is the same person.

Zeus
01-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Mineta is a no BS take no prisoners type of guy. Panetta is a lying Lil weasel type. Not that it makes any difference Mineta is Asian and Panetta is a cracker.

Lars1701a
01-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Mineta is a no BS take no prisoners type of guy. Panetta is a lying Lil weasel type. Not that it makes any difference Mineta is Asian and Panetta is a cracker.

Thank Zues for the info

As you can tell I dont follow the goings on of the DoT (aside from rule changes in my line of work) but Mineta is against any form of racial profiling in the screening of airline passengers. I am all for screening any muzzie getting onto a plane, second thought we should take a page out of the book of the Israelis when it comes to passenger screening. :D /thread jack off

Odysseus
01-05-2009, 06:03 PM
In a time like this where we are facing a global threat from terrorism and they put in some guy with absolutely zero intelligence background? WOW, good work on dooming us all Obama. :eek:
The DCI is a critical job and Panetta has zero experience, unless you count his activism against offshore drilling in California, which tells me that he has very little in the way of strategic overview of GWOT. Energy independence is a critical component of reducinig the funds available to terrorists, and Panetta's been on the wrong side of that issue for his entire career.

We prefer the term "Honky-Americans" thank you very much. :mad: :D

THE RESISTANCE
01-05-2009, 06:53 PM
OBAMA DICTIONARY

Volume C

Change,political n. reverse metamorphosis

SarasotaRepub
01-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Christ Almighty...amazing...F'in amazing!!!

Time to buy more ammo and BACON IN A CAN!!! :D

PoliCon
01-05-2009, 09:39 PM
I thought for sure he was going to tap Sandy Burger for this job . . . . .

SarasotaRepub
01-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I thought for sure he was going to tap Sandy Burger for this job . . . . .

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:D

BSR
01-05-2009, 10:02 PM
The DCI is a critical job and Panetta has zero experience, unless you count his activism against offshore drilling in California, which tells me that he has very little in the way of strategic overview of GWOT. Energy independence is a critical component of reducinig the funds available to terrorists, and Panetta's been on the wrong side of that issue for his entire career.

We prefer the term "Honky-Americans" thank you very much. :mad: :D

We just got over the stove-pipe intelligence from the DIA, NSA, CIA, FBI and State Dept. They all are now sharing intelligence for the greater good of this country.

SaintLouieWoman
01-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm sure our enemies are dancing in the street, raising their weapons and shooting. The Annointed One just gave them a belated Christmas present, if they believed in Christmas. :rolleyes:

BSR
01-05-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm sure our enemies are dancing in the street, raising their weapons and shooting. The Annointed One just gave them a belated Christmas present, if they believed in Christmas. :rolleyes:

Even they are saying "WTF was he thinking"

marinejcksn
01-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Remember when I said Obama was going to reach back and grab all the Clinton rejects because he had nobody else to choose from? It continues...:rolleyes:

jeskibuff
01-06-2009, 06:45 AM
In a time like this where we are facing a global threat from terrorism and they put in some guy with absolutely zero intelligence? WOW, good work on dooming us all Obama. :eek:Fixed. ;)

I thought for sure he was going to tap Sandy Burger for this job . . . . .Please spell his name properly. After his escapade with document theft, it's been changed to "Burgler". "Burglar" would be more accurate, but a bit more obvious.

Remember when I said Obama was going to reach back and grab all the Clinton rejects because he had nobody else to choose from? It continues...:rolleyes:This is the up side of having Democrats as elected officials. They are so predictable that it's easy to predict exactly how and when they screw things up. It turns us Average Joes into Super Nostradamuses.

marinejcksn
01-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Fixed. ;)

This is the up side of having Democrats as elected officials. They are so predictable that it's easy to predict exactly how and when they screw things up. It turns us Average Joes into Super Nostradamuses.

Wait...wait...I've got another prediction. Mark it down people, get out your stone tablets and chisels because this is my Lock of the Week:

Obama will pass a multi-Trillion Pork Package and name it "Stimulus". Keith Olbermann and Tom Brokaw will have simultaneous joygasms and Time will name Barack the "Man of the Century".

Mark it down folks....call your bookie now and you can bank on that.

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/screenshots/s3/8f12_006.jpg

zBoots
01-06-2009, 09:09 AM
If this pick doesnt show you just how bought and sold this house boy is, I dont know if you are paying attention. He has no clue what he is doing. His clintonistas are telling him exactly what they want to do and he is doing it. He is taking clinton names and putting them in slots. Panetta knows as much about US intelligence as a randomly selected salad maker at McDonald's.

Odysseus
01-06-2009, 10:03 AM
It's an early Ashura gift.

Remember when I said Obama was going to reach back and grab all the Clinton rejects because he had nobody else to choose from? It continues...:rolleyes:
You called it. You wouldn't happen to have any insights into next week's lottery numbers, would you? :D

If this pick doesnt show you just how bought and sold this house boy is, I dont know if you are paying attention. He has no clue what he is doing. His clintonistas are telling him exactly what they want to do and he is doing it. He is taking clinton names and putting them in slots. Panetta knows as much about US intelligence as a randomly selected salad maker at McDonald's.
It's not that he's bought and paid for, it's that his advisors are steering him towards people that they've worked with, and with Rahm Emanuel as his chief of staff, that means that we'll be seeing a lot of Clinton retreads. Still, this one is a stretch. I can't imagine anyone coming up with Panetta for this post out of the blue, especially since Obama made the right calls on SECDEF and NSA.

BSR
01-06-2009, 10:06 AM

:rolleyes:

seriously, is this really necessary?

marinejcksn
01-06-2009, 10:33 AM
It's an early Ashura gift.

You called it. You wouldn't happen to have any insights into next week's lottery numbers, would you? :D

I made my predictions here (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=98584&postcount=29) Sir. Call your favorite bookie, you can bank on these. ;)

Lars1701a
01-06-2009, 10:52 AM

Yes it is.

BSR
01-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Yes it is.

Awesome. It makes it easier for me to tag and ignore the racists.

Odysseus
01-06-2009, 03:32 PM
I made my predictions here (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=98584&postcount=29) Sir. Call your favorite bookie, you can bank on these. ;)

Nah, bookies take your kneecaps when you're late. I prefer to gamble on Ponzi schemes like Madoff's, or Social Security. :D

linda22003
01-06-2009, 04:05 PM

Remember, we're insulted when Colin Powell or Condi Rice was referred to that way by DUers, but the standard doesn't apply in reverse.

BSR
01-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Remember, we're insulted when Colin Powell or Condi Rice was referred to that way by DUers, but the standard doesn't apply in reverse.

Yes it does.. despite what a few retards think... Racism isn't ok no matter what the political affiliation is. These Noobs don't represent CU.

Gingersnap
01-06-2009, 04:41 PM

Bingo! There are plenty of reasons to criticize both Obama and his drawing board administration but employing worn-out racial insults isn't useful to any of us. The man may well be a corrupt and conniving political schemer with a large political machine behind him but that's hardly due to his race. Many are the lily white politicians to have come out of that very same machine.

Let's leave the race-baiting comments to the lefties. They're better at it, anyway.

PoliCon
01-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Let's leave the race-baiting comments to the lefties. They're better at it, anyway.agreed .

asdf2231
01-06-2009, 05:36 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/06/obama-apologies-feinstein-panetta-snub/

Other Democrats were also throwing their support behind Panetta.

Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis., said Panetta brings fresh leadership to the intelligence community.

"Leon Panetta has a long and distinguished career in public service and there are few people of whom I have a higher opinion," he said in a written statement.

"He has been a strong voice opposing the interrogation practices authorized by the Bush administration and he is well-equipped to restore our national security, which has been undermined by the current administration's policies," he added.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Silvestre Reyes, D-TX, called the Panetta pick "sensible and said that he was "time-tested" and "highly qualified.

"His ability to build coalitions and work across all elements of government will make him a good partner for the Director of National Intelligence," he said in a written statement.

Anyone remember how Clinton's idiots at CIA gutted the agency?

This jackass is going to make them look like skilled intel pros.

jeskibuff
01-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Keith Olbermann and Tom Brokaw will have simultaneous joygasmsA good one, both funny and apropos! Did you invent that sniglet?

Odysseus
01-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Michael Ledeen and a few other commentators who actually have some knowledge of intelligence ops have actually said that Panetta is a solid pick for the DCI post, as his loyalty to Obama will ensure that the president's goals are, if not supported by the bureaucracy at the CIA, at least enforced. George Tenet was a disaster in this regard, as he allowed or facilitated leaks that undermined the administration at every turn. Here's his argument:

In the very early days of the Bush administration, Karl Rove asked a Washington policy wonk what personnel changes he'd recommend to newly arrived George W. The wonk said "there is one matter of life and death: he must replace Tenet at CIA and put in one of his own people, someone he absolutely trusts." Rove said "well, good luck with that one." Obama knows better, and he's putting Leon Panetta in Langley.

I always liked Panetta. He served in the Army and is openly proud of it. He seems to be a good lawyer (oxymoronic though it may seem). He's a good manager. And he's going to watch Obama's back at a place that's full of stilettos and a track record for attempted presidential assassination second to none. But Italians know all about political assassination; you may remember Julius Caesar. Or Aldo Moro. The self-proclaimed cognoscenti will deride his lack of "spycraft," and he's never worked in the intel bureaucracy or, for that matter, in foreign policy or national security. But he's been chief of staff, which involved all that stuff.

I think it's a smart move.

It's a valid argument, but I'm not so sure that management skills are sufficient. I think that the DCI also needs to understand the nature of the organization that he runs, its mission and its various parts. Obama runs the risk of having his DCI excluded from the loop and undermined by his more experienced subordinates whenever they clash on a policy. I think that Jane Harmon would have been a better pick, but the radical Democrats loathe her for the same reasons that I would have preferred her.