PDA

View Full Version : John McCain's proposal to allow offshore drilling ''makes absolutely no sense at all'

megimoo
06-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Obama Knocks McCain On Offshore Drilling

Chicago - Barack Obama said Friday that presidential rival John McCain's proposal to allow offshore drilling ''makes absolutely no sense at all'' as he headed to Florida to put the Republican on the spot over the issue. Obama said opening up the U.S. coastline to oil exploration would not give Americans any appreciable savings until 2030. (Snip) ''Who knows 22 years from now, what would gas be at the pace that we're going right now?'' Instead, Obama said he would invest $150 billion over the next 10 years to create green jobs...

Comments:
Obama has to be the biggest moron to EVER run for the presidency. The Saudis announced a 200,000 barrel/day increase (not even in effect yet) and oil prices fell. Of course increased US production would do the same. And if you can't forecast the future price of oil, as no one predicted today's high prices, how could you forecast what the savings would be? And if we'd started drilling and producing from known fields 20 years ago we'd have that oil in production right now replacing much of the foreign supply. What a braying jackass full of lies and leftoid Democrat propaganda.
--------------------
Why invest in microprocessors the early 1960s when we don't have any hope of affordable personal computers for at least 30, maybe even 40 years?
Doesn't make sense to increase the supply of an item to bring down the price, huh? Nooo, he's going to bring about more immediate results by throwing megabucks into as-yet unperfected, untried, and maybe unworkable "green technology". What an absolute idiot, rivalled only by the abysmal idiocy of his supporters.
-------------------
There is no way you can 'knock' anybody who supports drilling for our own oil because it's a losing position to be against it. Here's a more appropriate headline:

Obama Knocks Americans for Supporting Offshore Drilling
All that other stuff is sweet and wonderful but right now we need OIL. We need our OWN OIL. Whoever comes up with a plan to drill in our coastal waters, drill in ANWR and exploit our tar sands and oil shale deposits will be our next President.
--------------------------
Useful idiot!
----------------------------
Keep talking Hussein. You really have no clue how deep you're digging yourself. But I'm not complaining.
--------------------------------------------
And if we'd started drilling and producing from known fields 20 years ago we'd have that oil in production right now replacing much of the foreign supply.
You are so on point, OP. If we had become energy independent after Carter, instead of becoming increasingly energy dependant on foreigners - many international events may have never come to pass. Including September 11th.

We went to the moon in less than a decade. I was 21 years old when man walked on the moon. I knew Americans could do anything! I just can't believe we have become a nation "led" by morons that couldn't agree on how to punch themselves out of a paper bag.

Who the heck are the 11% people that still have a favorable opinion of the Congress? The mentally disabled? ----------------------------
We lost a lot of corn in the floods. I suppose *planting some more* will not give a starving Mexican more tortillas. You can't plant your way out of starvation. /s
-------------------------------------
McCain wants to permit the private sector to invest hundreds of billions of their own dollars to drill for domestic oil and natural gas and build 45 new nuclear power plants, allowing us to continue to sustain our economy, create real, high paying jobs and contribute significant tax revenue to states and the federal treasury.

Meanwhile, Obama wants to spend $150 billion of your tax dollars over the next ten years to create mythical green jobs with no promise that alternative energy sources will ever provide more than ten percent of our national energy needs sustain our economy and lifestyle. (If we tripled todayís solar, wind, and geothermal output, in ten years they would then would generate a whopping 2.2 percent of U.S. energy supplies.)
I donít know about you, but itís Obamaís plan that makes absolutely no sense to me.
-------------------------------------
"Instead, Obama said he would invest $150 billion over the next 10 years to create green jobs...) Lets see now. Wasn't there a movie about the near future where the government was creating food called Solient Green (not sure about the spelling).
I thought Mr Greenjeans died. What a thick headed baffoon. This guy is clueless on how the world economy works. ------------------------------------

If there were that many greenies around, supporting Obama, you would see a lot more hybrid cars on the roads and a lot fewer SUVs. Next time you are in a parking lot, take a look around.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/20/politics/main4198831.shtml

lacarnut
06-21-2008, 01:58 AM
I think this is an winning issue for the Repub. After all, we are hoping for change. Correct, rather than the failed no drilling policy of the Democraps.

I hope McCain and the Repub. running for re-election brand the Democraps as a do nothing Congress and the same old, same old worn out policy of no solutions to our dependency of foreign oil, and no policy for price decreases in gasoline.

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 07:36 AM
I think this is an winning issue for the Repub. After all, we are hoping for change. Correct, rather than the failed no drilling policy of the Democraps.

I hope McCain and the Repub. running for re-election brand the Democraps as a do nothing Congress and the same old, same old worn out policy of no solutions to our dependency of foreign oil, and no policy for price decreases in gasoline.

Why isn't Mccain pushing for the offshore drilling he wanted

djones520
07-31-2010, 07:38 AM

Did you seriously just dig through two years of posts to find this? How fucking lame are you?

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 07:41 AM
Did you seriously just dig through two years of posts to find this? How fucking lame are you?

Drill baby drill.

Molon Labe
07-31-2010, 09:20 AM

Yeah it's funny cause even after Obama put a supposed morotroium (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=obama+moratorium+oil+drilling) on all this, he's still for it too.

Rockntractor
07-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Who knows? John McCain is a rino that jumps back and fourth across the party line like a typically deceitful Democrat. You could more accurately describe McCain's intentions then we could.

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 10:13 AM
Who knows? John McCain is a rino that jumps back and fourth across the party line like a typically deceitful Democrat. You could more accurately describe McCain's intentions then we could.

And yet the republicans in the USA nominated him as their favorite candidate.

Sonnabend
07-31-2010, 10:18 AM
And yet the republicans in the USA nominated him as their favorite candidateGet this through your head.,

Repeat after me: conservative does not equal republican.

Get it now?

lacarnut
07-31-2010, 10:21 AM
And yet the republicans in the USA nominated him as their favorite candidate.

So what. Democrats nominated losers like Dukakis, Gore, Kerry, etc. Plus, the way Obama is going he is going to wrestle the malaise title away for Jimmy Carter.

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 10:21 AM
Get this through your head.,

Repeat after me: conservative does not equal republican.

Get it now?

And yet the 'conservatives' ALWAYS vote for the republicans.

You do the math.

Sonnabend
07-31-2010, 10:24 AM

You do the math.

No they do not, and if there was a third party with no ties to either, you'd see a massive change. That is whats needed.

lacarnut
07-31-2010, 10:33 AM
No they do not, and if there was a third party with no ties to either, you'd see a massive change. That is whats needed.

When conservatives and Tea party candidates take over the House, it may be time to run a 3rd party candidate for President provided the economy and unemployment is in shambles, and the deficit keeps going up.

NJCardFan
07-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Drill baby drill.

You libs make me laugh. You rail on about buying petroleum from countries that hate us yet you are unwilling to drill for our own shit that is literally right under our feet. You all think this bullshit green energy is at the ready when in reality, even if it's feasible, is at least 20 years away. Worse yet, it's your buddies in the environmental movement that made it impossible to build nuclear power plants back in the late 70's and 80's. If we were allowed to do that, coal and oil would not be at the premium that it is and those . Do some fucking research before sounding off like the uneducated liberal talking point parrot that you are.

NJCardFan
07-31-2010, 10:50 AM

You do the math.

I would ask you for a link that shows all conservatives voting for the Republican but I know it doesn't exist.

YOU are lying.

warpig
07-31-2010, 11:04 AM
The environmental movement's first big win was to ban DDT. They used arguments that were proven to be false and the head of the EPA went ahead anyway, because that was in their agenda. Over 3,000,000 people dead from malaria because of that ban, none of which the enviros care about they just wanted and needed that win to begin to push their false, the sky is falling, agenda.
Now it's oil, coal, natural gas, anything fossil. They do not care that the cost of electricity will skyrocket for the average American, that some will have to do without, that some will loose their jobs, that the price of goods will increase. They have their NAZI scare tactics that their sheeple buy and this allows them what they want, to get into and stay in power. These people believe that democracy is dead as a governing solution and are prepared to return us to the days of lords and serfs, with them as the lords of course, because the rest of us "just don't understand".
Fuck those people.

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 11:38 AM
I would ask you for a link that shows all conservatives voting for the Republican but I know it doesn't exist.

YOU are lying.

Ya, ok ..

This site is full of conservatives , show me one who voted for a Democrat in a Presidential election.

Have you ever done that ?

Nuff said idiot.

Sonnabend
07-31-2010, 11:48 AM
Ya, ok .. This site is full of conservatives , show me one who voted for a Democrat in a Presidential election.

They're under no obligation to tell you who they voted for. Its none of your business.

Voted for a Democrat?...mmm nah. Never voted in a Presidential election.

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 11:50 AM
They're under no obligation to tell you who they voted for. Its none of your business.

Ok , lets pretend the Conservatives on CU voted for Clinton and Obama.

Does that make you feel better ?

there , there ..

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 11:53 AM

Voted for a Democrat?...mmm nah. Never voted in a Presidential election.

How does it feel to be in the minority ? OOOOPS , look what happened on election day.

And BTW , ...hows that national health care system working for you ? LOL

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/jlbt8ashkkag2o-przl9ew.gif

djones520
07-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Ya, ok ..

This site is full of conservatives , show me one who voted for a Democrat in a Presidential election.

Nuff said idiot.

Let me see if I understand your reasoning.

I'm a conservative. I'm faced with two choices. A candidate who is fiscally non-conservative, but socially conservative, while following a foreign policy agenda that fits into most conservatives worldviews.

Or a candidate who is neither fiscally conservative, socially conservative, or follows a foreign policy that I like.

Hmm... yeah, let me vote for that latter.

Dude, seriously, think before you push that post button. That makes no sense. Not being happy with one candidate, so I vote for worse? That makes as much sense as DUmmies saying their going to lose the election because people are angry that things aren't left enough. Why the fuck would someone vote for the opposite of their beliefs because their candidate isn't 100% what they wanted?

asdf2231
07-31-2010, 11:59 AM
Here's a chart that shows the terrible infrequency with which I receive connubial bliss.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t185/dethtoll/hurr-durr-hurrdurr-graph.png

Sonnabend
07-31-2010, 11:59 AM
Since then the Bungler has had a drop in his popularity. Obama here is a running joke. Speaking of health, mine will be great on Aug 21 when we kick out Dullard.

We'll have a conservative government. In November, so will you.

Obama the lame duck. I LOVE IT. :D

asdf2231
07-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Yet ANOTHER 2 year old thread dug up by Blarch in between internet searches on which states have the lowest legal age of consent and the truck stop glory hole alert board.

Lockies! :)