PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s Mother-in-Law to Move Into the White House.

Apocalypse
01-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Obama’s Mother-in-Law to Move Into the White House

January 9, 2009, 1:27 pm
By Rachel L. Swarns

It’s official: Marian Robinson, the 71-year-old mother-in-law of President-elect Barack Obama, will be moving into the White House, transition officials said on Friday.

In fact, Mrs. Robinson is already in town, helping to smooth the family’s personal transition as Mr. Obama, his wife, Michelle, and their two daughters prepare for new lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

“She is here to help them get up and running,’’ said Katie McCormick Lelyveld, a spokeswoman for Mrs. Obama. “She will determine in the coming months whether or not she wants to stay in D.C. permanently.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/09/obamas-mother-in-law-to-move-into-the-white-house/

Now I understand that she will be there to aid in caring for the children since mom and dad certainly won't be available much at all. But they should have thought of this first, which is more important, their time with their children of the nation.

linda22003
01-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Now I understand that she will be there to aid in caring for the children since mom and dad certainly won't be available much at all. But they should have thought of this first, which is more important, their time with their children of the nation.

So no one with small children should go for the presidency? The Kennedys shouldn't have been in the White House? The Theodore Roosevelts shouldn't have been in the White House? The Lincolns shouldn't have been in the White House? :rolleyes:

Goldwater
01-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Being a President isn't as ball busting as people think. Bush has shown he has some free time these last few years.

tacitus
01-10-2009, 01:05 PM
This is news?

Does it really make any difference if the MIL lives in the WH? I think the 'reporter' needed some filler to meet her quota of garbage.:rolleyes:

Lars1701a
01-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Oh God whats the over, under on when the magic negro will move his entire Kenyan family into the WH? They will be have BBQ's in the back yard and playing the music so loud your balls will rattle from down the block.:cool:

BSR
01-10-2009, 01:51 PM
So no one with small children should go for the presidency? The Kennedys shouldn't have been in the White House? The Theodore Roosevelts shouldn't have been in the White House? The Lincolns shouldn't have been in the White House? :rolleyes:

Wasn't one of the Liberal talking points to criticize Sarah Palin for running for VP because she wouldn't be around for her small children? Why all of a sudden is it a moot point? :rolleyes:

Lars1701a
01-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Wasn't one of the Liberal talking points to criticize Sarah Palin for running for VP because she wouldn't be around for her small children? Why all of a sudden is it a moot point? :rolleyes:

Because silly he is a liberal and she is a conservative :rolleyes: :D /DU mode off

You will be amazed at what they can get away with (libs)

linda22003
01-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Wasn't one of the Liberal talking points to criticize Sarah Palin for running for VP because she wouldn't be around for her small children?

And that made no sense, either.

PoliCon
01-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Oh God whats the over, under on when the magic negro will move his entire Kenyan family into the WH? They will be have BBQ's in the back yard and playing the music so loud your balls will rattle from down the block.:cool: fo' shizzle my nizzle!

NC Blue
01-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Oh God whats the over, under on when the magic negro will move his entire Kenyan family into the WH? They will be have BBQ's in the back yard and playing the music so loud your balls will rattle from down the block.:cool:

You need to rent DW Griffith's "Birth of a Nation." Then you can get a lesson in true cinematic history AND validate your racism...with a 90+-year-old movie.

djones520
01-11-2009, 10:51 AM
You need to rent DW Griffith's "Birth of a Nation." Then you can get a lesson in true cinematic history AND validate your racism...with a 90+-year-old movie.

You failed at the identifying sarcasm part of school didn't you?

GrumpyOldLady
01-14-2009, 11:48 AM
QUICK!! Someone count the silverware before Bush leaves and the Obama clan all start moving in.

linda22003
01-14-2009, 04:50 PM
QUICK!! Someone count the silverware before Bush leaves and the Obama clan all start moving in.

Why do you think the Bushes are going to steal silverware? :confused:

lacarnut
01-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Why do you think the Bushes are going to steal silverware? :confused:

Because when Obama and his klan move out we will have an accounting of personal property in place. Does the fact that the Clinton's had to return painting, furniture, etc strike a bell?

linda22003
01-15-2009, 08:17 AM
She said, "Count the silverware before Bush leaves". I don't think George and Laura need to take the silver.

lacarnut
01-15-2009, 10:14 AM
She said, "Count the silverware before Bush leaves". I don't think George and Laura need to take the silver.

No shit Dick Tracy. Your lack of comprehension is overwhelming.

Speedy
01-15-2009, 10:15 AM

Grandmothers sometimes raise the best kids

linda22003
01-15-2009, 10:31 AM
No shit Dick Tracy. Your lack of comprehension is overwhelming.

Oh, I understand that the point being made is that the Obamas will steal everything that isn't nailed down because they're a) black, b) Democrats, or, most likely, both. The reactions to the incoming administration really are the mirror image of DU. Obama Derangement Syndrome is shaping up to make BDS look like a mild head cold. :rolleyes:

Speedy
01-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh, I understand that the point being made is that the Obamas will steal everything that isn't nailed down because they're a) black, b) Democrats, or, most likely, both. The reactions to the incoming administration really are the mirror image of DU. Obama Derangement Syndrome is shaping up to make BDS look like a mild head cold. :rolleyes:

Linda, this is the first time I have addressed you personally. My two daughters with Yvette are half black. There maybe some moderation in the incoming Administration as times are going to be hard. I wish success for our country and may she endure.

Back on topic, my mother in law has been a great help with my daughters.:D

linda22003
01-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi, Speedy - we have no points of disagreement there. I have been disturbed by the overt racism I have seen in some posts.

Speedy
01-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi, Speedy - we have no points of disagreement there. I have been disturbed by the overt racism I have seen in some posts.

People just get that way sometimes.

bluemeenie
01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda22003

People just get that way sometimes.

And as much as I love Rush....I think on more then one occassion he is just feeding the monster TBH.

It's just that no one can kick him off his own show like they did on the NFL show he was on....(and what he said then was comical compared to the Magic Negro theme he has going on).

Really doesn't help our cause in rebuilding a party, especially when you read Rasmussen polls showing around 29% currently identify wtih Republican. I'm sure a healthy dose of sudo-racism will reinforce that old 80-90's stereotype that we're the white party will really help us in the long run.

Won't matter how many Jindal's we elect if it keeps up as peoples perceptions rule (as proven by the ability of the Dem's to keep electing a Grand Dragon as Senator and noone blinks an eye).

Sonnabend
01-19-2009, 02:50 PM
I have been disturbed by the overt racism I have seen in some posts. __________________

So anyone who criticises The One is racist.

Riightttt....:rolleyes:

Personally, I am of the same opinion as a friend of mine who said after Obama, there will not be another black President for another 100 years.He and that wife of his are the epitome of "entitlement" and I dread to think what the WH staff will have to endure.

I hope those kids are not spoiled....I am sadly of the opinion that they will be, and will treat the WH staff like "hired help"..includng the Secret Service.

Both hands out and expecting everyone to bow and scrape..watch as staff are branded "racist" time and time again.

Obama, Sharpton, Farrakhan, Wright....

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/freebirdny/PICS/obamaracecard-1-LARGE.jpg

Kristin
01-19-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't see how this is news. I have no problem with Obama's MIL in the WH. I think it's great that they family is raising the children rather than having a nanny. This is the way families used to operate. Why is this a big deal?

linda22003
01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
So anyone who criticises The One is racist.

Riightttt....:rolleyes:

No. Posts which criticize his policies are absolutely colorblind. Posts which make stereotypical remarks about the family's assumed personal behavior are in bad form. To be fair, it's not nearly as bad as the remarks on Free Republic, where referring to the incoming first lady as a "nappy headed ho" is considered amusing.

PoliCon
01-19-2009, 05:21 PM
I don't see how this is news. I have no problem with Obama's MIL in the WH. I think it's great that they family is raising the children rather than having a nanny. This is the way families used to operate. Why is this a big deal?and why is it that the need Granny? Why won't Michelle be doing the raising herself? AND - Why is it that the press shit all over the idea of Palin - but give a free pass to Barry and Michelle having Granny there to take care of the kids while they party?

lacarnut
01-19-2009, 06:26 PM
and why is it that the need Granny? Why won't Michelle be doing the raising herself? AND - Why is it that the press shit all over the idea of Palin - but give a free pass to Barry and Michelle having Granny there to take care of the kids while they party?

Michelle better keep an eye on the Magic Negro. Might have a Bubba/Monica repeat.

I don't have a problem with Granny in the W.H. Better than selling the L.B. for $100k a shot.

RobJohnson
01-20-2009, 01:34 PM
I hope those kids are not spoiled....I am sadly of the opinion that they will be, and will treat the WH staff like "hired help"..includng the Secret Service.

I doubt they could be any more spoiled then the Bush twins.

Sounds like our new President and First Lady have done a pretty good job with those little girls, and I think that will be a trend that continues.

Let's leave the kids out of it.