PDA

View Full Version : Soup!

Gingersnap
01-09-2009, 11:05 PM
I have some beef hanging around looking desperate. I will make soup (of course).

What soup should I make?

I'm a generally low carb person so loads of potatoes or rice or noodles are out. I will be pairing this soup with homemade sourdough pumpernickel and an herb salad.

Shannon
01-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Add massive amounts of potatoes.

lurkalot
01-09-2009, 11:09 PM
a nice tomato based soup? whats with the low carb thing? sure, the zombie attack and you'll look good but with those flimsy little low carb arms you ain't gonna be loading much ammo....

Bubba Dawg
01-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Nice. Add rice to the potatoes.

Shannon
01-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Nice. Add rice to the potatoes.

And the noodles.

megimoo
01-09-2009, 11:26 PM
I have some beef hanging around looking desperate. I will make soup (of course).

What soup should I make?

I'm a generally low carb person so loads of potatoes or rice or noodles are out. I will be pairing this soup with homemade sourdough pumpernickel and an herb salad.Beef Consomme .

Gingersnap
01-09-2009, 11:32 PM
a nice tomato based soup? whats with the low carb thing? sure, the zombie attack and you'll look good but with those flimsy little low carb arms you ain't gonna be loading much ammo....

Somehow my long term low carbing hasn't adversely affected my weight training. My nicely muscled arms could easily wring your neck should the need arise.

Get with the program people. I'm open to starch but just not willing to make it a major feature.

megimoo
01-09-2009, 11:35 PM

What soup should I make?

I'm a generally low carb person so loads of potatoes or rice or noodles are out. I will be pairing this soup with homemade sourdough pumpernickel and an herb salad.

Take part of it and make breakfast hash and serve it with dropped eggs and Hollandaise on grilled sourdough !A cold consomme jell and salad for lunch

lurkalot
01-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Somehow my long term low carbing hasn't adversely affected my weight training. My nicely muscled arms could easily wring your neck should the need arise.

Get with the program people. I'm open to starch but just not willing to make it a major feature.

I'd throw a plate of pasta and you would be so busy running after it..I would escape easily. Us skinny armed potbellied carb loving people are SMART :cool:

Shannon
01-10-2009, 12:18 AM
I'd throw a plate of pasta and you would be so busy running after it..I would escape easily. Us skinny armed potbellied carb loving people are SMART :cool:

Is 200 considered skinny now? Who knew? Arby's here I come.

JB
01-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Since this thread is wrecked...

I don't care what kind of soup it is. Just don't forget a sammich and a beer when you bring it in.

lurkalot
01-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Is 200 considered skinny now? Who knew? Arby's here I come.

size 22W is the new size 6..didn't you know that?

linda22003
01-10-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm going to make oxtail soup this weekend. :)

Gingersnap
01-10-2009, 10:49 AM
You people are useless. I ask for a recipe and all I get are porker jokes and sexism (I'll get you a sammich, buddy, oh, yeah).

My bread is rising and I'm ready to make soup. I love oxtail soup but I have no oxtails. I have beef. I'm inclining toward beef vegetable. I should clean out the veggie drawer before grocery shopping tomorrow.

linda22003
01-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Add some barley. It's hard to beat beef barley.

Gingersnap
01-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Add some barley. It's hard to beat beef barley.

I was thinking of that. I like barley. It's way better than noodles in a soup.

Elspeth
01-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Sorry I came in on this thread so late. I was about to suggest beef vegetable: some zucchini, green beans, even a little cabbage(?) or some peas or corn, carrots, lima beans? Add a little tomato paste to the chicken stock.

Bubba Dawg
01-10-2009, 03:31 PM
I find your lack of potatoes disturbing....

Darth Tater.

http://www.ghostinthemachine.net/darthtater.jpg

Elspeth
01-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Sweet potatoes actually have a lower glycemic index. But I don't think they would be so great in a beef soup.

Gingersnap
01-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Sweet potatoes actually have a lower glycemic index. But I don't think they would be so great in a beef soup.

Ginger doesn't eat orange food. :cool:

Ree
01-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Ginger doesn't eat orange food. :cool:
No orange foods?

Gingersnap
01-13-2009, 01:58 PM
No orange foods?

No naturally orange food. I will eat fake orange food such as orange frosting on a Halloween cookie.

linda22003
01-13-2009, 01:59 PM
What about.... oranges?

Gingersnap
01-13-2009, 02:53 PM
What about.... oranges?

On those infrequent occasions when I need an orange, I buy blood oranges. :cool:

RobJohnson
01-13-2009, 02:54 PM
I was thinking of that. I like barley. It's way better than noodles in a soup.

Yup, I agree.

JB
01-15-2009, 07:52 PM
No naturally orange food. I will eat fake orange food such as orange frosting on a Halloween cookie.I require elaboration. Why the hypocrisy and/or disdain for orange foods?

I take it you don't eat oranges, pumpkins or carrots. But you eat orange frosting.

Since there is no correlation between texture, taste, smell, sight or touch...I have to assume that you are just insane. Or you were pelted with tangerines as a child.

:D

Gingersnap
01-15-2009, 08:22 PM
I require elaboration. Why the hypocrisy and/or disdain for orange foods?

I take it you don't eat oranges, pumpkins or carrots. But you eat orange frosting.

Since there is no correlation between texture, taste, smell, sight or touch...I have to assume that you are just insane. Or you were pelted with tangerines as a child.

:D

Amateur. :rolleyes:

Natural orange food is evil. Why do you think they came up with Safety Orange? Because orange food is evil and normal people instinctively avoid it.

Fake orange food is not hypocritical. I expect you would cry like a little girl and lose your tiny mind after being chased by a blood thirsty zombie and watching your family kidnapped by ghouls. Yet you would pay good money for a similar appearing experience at your local Haunted House on Halloween. :cool:

JB
01-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Like I thought. Insane.

I hope your soup sucked.

Gingersnap
01-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Like I thought. Insane.

I hope your soup sucked.

It was terrific. :p