PDA

View Full Version : Snow!!!!

Gingersnap
01-12-2009, 10:21 AM
It's snowing like crazy out here. We were only supposed to get the edge of this storm (most of the big snow was forecast for the high country) but it was almost a whiteout at my house this morning and we got way more snow than predicted. It's still coming down. :)

linda22003
01-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I want some. The fact that the DC area can't handle it at all just makes me want it all the more. The antique copper apple butter kettle next to the fireplace is piled high with wood, the oxtail soup is in the fridge, and the freezer is full of comfort food. Bring it on. :p

tacitus
01-12-2009, 10:48 AM
The Parker area is going to get between 4-8" of snow according to the weather guessers.

CDOT was caught flatfooted and the mag chloride was not put down so it's pretty icy out there. Luckily I'm retired and dont have to be out there in that crap. I hope the plows do clear the roads today so the afternoon commute won't be a total disaster like the morning commute.

tacitus
01-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I just heard from my wife and she is stuck in traffic trying to get to I-25 north to get to work at I-25 and Colorado Blvd. Commute time 3+hours! :eek:

megimoo
01-12-2009, 11:07 AM
I just heard from my wife and she is stuck in traffic trying to get to I-25 north to get to work at I-25 and Colorado Blvd. Commute time 3+hours! :eek:You had better be planing a great meal for her tonight or standby for some grief about being a non working bum !

Gingersnap
01-12-2009, 11:08 AM
I just heard from my wife and she is stuck in traffic trying to get to I-25 north to get to work at I-25 and Colorado Blvd. Commute time 3+hours! :eek:

All these reports are just crazy. I live way, way west so we expect to get hit more than Denver. We were already way over the predicted totals this morning and it's still coming down hard. People are straggling in telling horror stories about their commutes. Mine was slow but okay. I have a 4x4, however, and I know how to use it.

tacitus
01-12-2009, 11:35 AM
You had better be planing a great meal for her tonight or standby for some grief about being a non working bum !

:D Luckily for her I am a pretty good cook and normally have her dinner waiting for her when she gets home. But tonight she's going to a weight watchers meeting, maybe, so I'm not cooking since she won't get home until around 8:00. If the meeting is canceled, she's on her own.

Ginger I've been listening to the weather reports and it looks like it going to stop snowing pretty soon and the I-25 commute now looks pretty good considering the plows may not have been out. I use to commute from Colo Springs to Golden everyday and during the winter it was brutal.

PoliCon
01-12-2009, 11:41 AM
All these reports are just crazy. I live way, way west so we expect to get hit more than Denver. We were already way over the predicted totals this morning and it's still coming down hard. People are straggling in telling horror stories about their commutes. Mine was slow but okay. I have a 4x4, however, and I know how to use it.It's funny the way different regions react to weather and how people drive as a result. I was in San Diego over Thanksgiving - it rained while I was there and you would think there was 6 inches of snow on the roads with the way people would drive! :rolleyes:

SarasotaRepub
01-12-2009, 06:16 PM
No snow here! :D It was in the mid 40's.

AHeneen
01-12-2009, 06:40 PM
It's times/comments like these that make me glad to put up with the craziness that is Florida. Had a cold front go through this morning, so it was grey all day (but nothing more than mist at times). Started in the high 60s, now in the high 50s. :D :D

Zathras
01-12-2009, 07:43 PM
heh, 71 and sunny here...actually went out for a walk in a t-shirt, shorts and barefoot....man I love winter in California.

PoliCon
01-12-2009, 08:42 PM
It's times/comments like these that make me glad to put up with the craziness that is Florida. Had a cold front go through this morning, so it was grey all day (but nothing more than mist at times). Started in the high 60s, now in the high 50s. :D :D

Maybe - but I'll take cold winters over bugs the size of dinner plates!

tacitus
01-12-2009, 10:13 PM
I'll take this bug any day.

http://www.northwest-seafood.com/images/dungeness_crab_cooked.gif

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I wish for snow cuz Miz Bubba loves snow. Otherwise I hate the damned stuff.

Okay, maybe I like it a little bit......:o

PoliCon
01-12-2009, 11:27 PM
The only reason I had to dislike snow no longer exists so . . . :D send in the blizzards!! :D

AHeneen
01-12-2009, 11:31 PM
heh, 71 and sunny here...actually went out for a walk in a t-shirt, shorts and barefoot....man I love winter in California.

I went for a walk in a t-shirt & shorts too...walked about 1/4 mi...then decided it was just a little bit too cold and went home to pick up a windbreaker. It was about 67, but there was a light breeze.

RobJohnson
01-14-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm only closing my windows because I am leaving for work. :D

PoliCon
01-14-2009, 04:07 PM
let it SNOW! let it SNOW! Let it SNOW! :)

BSR
01-14-2009, 08:30 PM
It's snowing like crazy out here. We were only supposed to get the edge of this storm (most of the big snow was forecast for the high country) but it was almost a whiteout at my house this morning and we got way more snow than predicted. It's still coming down. :)

WOW....

Snow.. In Colorado... in January.... Why is this not breaking news on every channel?
:p

PoliCon
01-14-2009, 08:56 PM
WOW....

Snow.. In Colorado... in January.... Why is this not breaking news on every channel?
:psomeone fancies himself a comedian. I'm not exactly sure who . . . . but I have my suspicions . . . .:rolleyes:

Jumpy
01-14-2009, 08:58 PM
The only reason I had to dislike snow no longer exists so . . . :D send in the blizzards!! :D

I will be the first to ask, or guess, why you no longer dislike snow.

1. You bought a Hummer?
2. You hired a boy to shovel you out?
3. You gained 175 lbs. and are no longer bothered by the cold?
4. You are now working in a nice warm place?

Am I even close?

PoliCon
01-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I will be the first to ask, or guess, why you no longer dislike snow.

1. You bought a Hummer?
2. You hired a boy to shovel you out?
3. You gained 175 lbs. and are no longer bothered by the cold?
4. You are now working in a nice warm place?

Am I even close?close. I moved. I no longer have a very LONG driveway and sidewalks to shovel. Very little to shovel makes me not hate snow. :)