PDA

View Full Version : Colts coach Dungy is stepping down

tacitus
01-12-2009, 12:53 PM
According to this source (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9067132/Sources:-Colts-coach-Dungy-is-stepping-down?FSO2&ATT=MA) he is going to step down as the HC for the Colts. There is a press conference at 5:00pm so we'll know then.

I wish him well what ever he does!

AHeneen
01-12-2009, 03:22 PM
As a Colts fan, I am very sad to see this but I am also very happy for him to retire. When I first moved to FL, I was young and decided to become a fan of the local Bucs, Dungy was their coach then. After he left for Indy, I realized he had made the Bucs who they were, I changed my loyalty (I am still hoping the Bucs ditch Gruden). If there is any man worth respect in the NFL, it's Dungy. The man is a devout Christian and has gone around to many places just preaching. In fact the only time I met him (autograph) was just one month after their Super Bowl win. He was on stage at a large Christian festival and spoke about how God gave him the strength to overcome his son's suicide (the previous season), how he gives God the glory after every win, and the importance of family. The man is absolutely incredible! When asked about this earlier, he said that if he retired it would be to see his son play football hi senior year and he would like to start a football program for disadvantaged kids and of course preach his message. I will be sad to see him go, but I know that he will be doing lots of good instead.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3417/3192404054_4e641fd096_o.png

tacitus
01-12-2009, 04:02 PM
I can't stand 'Chuckie' Gruden! He lead the Bucs to a SB his 1st year but what has he done since? Nothing.

I wonder who will be next for the Colts? Shanahan maybe?

AHeneen
01-12-2009, 04:36 PM
I can't stand 'Chuckie' Gruden! He lead the Bucs to a SB his 1st year but what has he done since? Nothing.

I wonder who will be next for the Colts? Shanahan maybe?

He went to the SB with a team built by Dungy!!!!!!! I just don't understand why he just hasn't been fired. The Bucs all but had the NFC South wrapped up, but lost their final 4 games...including the (going into the game) 6-8 Chargers and 4-11 Raiders. But has that been enough for the Glaziers? I'm hoping so. There was an editorial in my local paper about this today: here (http://www.theledger.com/article/20090112/NEWS/901120292/1037/EDIT02?Title=Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers).

Caldwell will be next for the Colts, that's been pretty evident for the last couple of years. Even Dungy made clear that Caldwell was his protégé and would make for a smooth transition whenever he decided to leave.

Bubba Dawg
01-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Dungy is a classy guy.

If that is his wife in the pic, she's a babe.

AHeneen
01-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Dungy is a classy guy.

If that is his wife in the pic, she's a babe.

Yup, his wife an child. He has an older son who is going to be a senior at a good football school in the Tampa Bay area. The local Fox affiliate interviewed the school's athletic booster & football coach about the prospects of Dungy (who in past years flew down just for his son's games) joining the boosters or even helping out on the sidelines. Seeing as the team is already quite good (state runner-ups this year), all their opponents will be crying unfair!! :cool: