2012 Pres. Election.
Electoral College changes
The 2010 Census changed the Electoral College vote apportionment for the Presidential elections from 2012 to 2020 in the following states.
States in blue represent states that gained votes. States in orange represent states that lost votes. These changes would give the Democratic Party a net loss of six electoral votes in typically blue states, while the Republican Party will see a net gain of six electoral votes in typically red states. Votes allocated to remaining states remain unchanged from the national total of 115.
If States vote along historic party lines, Blue States still hold 242 Electorates, with Red States holding 181 Electorates.
Primary and caucus dates
May 15th Nebraska Primary - 35 Delegates
May 15th Oregon Primary - 28 Delegates
Here is the current Candidate to date list with Delegate count won.
- Mitt Romney, former Governor from Massachusetts (Officially Running)
Socialist Party USA
- Stewart Alexander, activist (Officially Running)
- Kent Mesplay, Green Party activist and air quality inspector from California (Officially Running)
- GARY, ROGER V activist and former elected official of San Antonio, Texas (Officially Running)
- R. Lee Wrights, former Libertarian National Committee Vice-Chair (Officially Running)
- Gary E. Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico (Officially Running)
- Jack Fellure (Officially Running)
The Reform Party
- Buddy Roemer, former Governor from Louisiana (Officially Running)
- Tim Pawlenty, [R] former Governor from Minnesota 8/14/11
- "I wish it would have been different, but obviously the pathway forward for me doesn't exist so we are going to end the campaign,"
- Jonathon Sharkey, [R] perennial candidate, wrestler and vampire from Florida 08/24/2011
- Representative Thad McCotter, [R] of Michigan 8/22/11
- "It was sort of death by media."
- Herman Cain, [R] businessman and radio talk show host from Georgia 12/3/11
- Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota 1/4/12
- U.S. Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman, Jr. of Utah 1/16/12
- Vern Wuensche, Businessman 1/16/12
- Rick Perry, Governor of Texas 1/19/12
- Rick Santorum, former Senator from Pennsylvania4/10/12
- Newt Gingrich, former U.S. Speaker of the House of Representatives from Georgia.5/2/12
- Ron Paul, U.S. Representative from Texas 5/14/12
Official candidate websites
The Reform Party
PLEASE OH PLEASE let grayson run!
The one that got me was Jimmy McMillan running on the GOP ticket. If you don't remember him, his '10 run was on the "The Rent Is Too Damn High" party ticket.
He is officially running, so we have some good one's on there.
I did not realize Mitch Daniels was officially running.
I believe he can beat Obama.
I like Daniels. The Weekly Standard had a great article on him a few weeks ago. He's a good one.
Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble
I like Herman Cain. Check him out.
I didn't see that he had officially entered. Mark Levin has been bashing him right an left as a lefty, which I find to be BS, after all the good he's done for the the state, but w/e
Site I got most of that from had him listed as running, and their sources didn't back it up. Their main one I guess they used was from '10 where he "Talked" about running.
I've updated the whole list. Added two that are official and were not listed. And moved Mitch down to speculated.
I'll try and keep this updated as its interesting to see who is and who isn't right now.
Randall Terry is running as a Democrat? Or is it just an excuse for him to protest in front of the 2012 democratic convention?
He's probably just wanting attention, since Janet Reno applied RICO laws to Operation Rescue and drove them into bankruptcy, he really hasn't been in the media spotlight.
Upgraded Michele Bachmann to Republican field from speculated. She as of today has begun hiring aids and campaign staff. So it should be a mater of time till its official.
On a side note, one I'm not happy seeing. Jesse Ventura has begun stating that he is considering a Ron Paul/Jesse Ventura ticket. This to me would be enough to not vote for Ron Paul regardless.
I agree...Ventura is a nutjob. the dude screwed up MN. I think he took too many hits to the head while Wrestling
Originally Posted by Apocalypse