Breakfast muffins with bacon (canadian) and scallions
Savory Breakfast Muffins
http://images.agoramedia.com/diabeti...198/BG4637.JPG Quick Info: http://www.everydayhealth.com/images...ng_size-12.gif Servings
http://www.everydayhealth.com/images...n_red-meat.gifContains Red Meat
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 217, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 339mg, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Total Fat: 9g, Carbs: 24g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Protein: 9g
Carb Choices: 1.5
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 22 mins
Rest Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 47 mins
- 2 cup(s) flour, whole-wheat
- 1 cup(s) flour, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1 1/3 cup(s) buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup(s) scallion(s) (green onions)
- 3/4 cup(s) bacon, Canadian-style
- 1/2 cup(s) cheese, cheddar
- 1/2 cup(s) pepper(s), red, bell
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, pepper and salt in a large bowl.
3. Whisk eggs, buttermilk, oil and butter in a medium bowl. Fold in scallions, bacon, cheese and bell pepper. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula until just moistened. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan (the cups will be very full).
4. Bake the muffins until the tops are golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges and turn the muffins out onto a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.