Chipolte Cheddar Charde
Chipotle Cheddar Chard
http://images.agoramedia.com/diabeti...198/SD5677.JPG Quick Info: http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ing_size-6.gif Servings
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 90, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 315mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 6g, Carbs: 5g, Cholesterol: 13mg, Protein: 4g
Carb Choices: 0.5
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 2 teaspoon oil, canola
- 1 small onion(s)
- 1 pounds chard
- 1 medium tomato(es)
- 1/4 cup(s) broth, reduced-sodium chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper(s), chipotle chile, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup(s) cheese, cheddar, shredded
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and chard stems and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomato, broth (or water), chipotle to taste and salt; bring to a simmer.
2. Add chard leaves and cook, covered, stirring once, until just tender, about 2 minutes. Scatter cheese evenly over the chard and cook, uncovered, until the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve immediately.
That looks good. I love swiss chard. I usually steam it and then add olive oil and sauteed garlic.
That sounds delicious. I saw the rainbow swiss chard at the local Amish place, Detwiler's, yesterday. I wasn't sure how to cook it. Your way sounds easy and tasty. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Hawkgirl
I like the stems the best, steamed with butter.
Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman