Green mashed taters
This sounds like a good way to get veggies into kids---or adults who don't like them. It's very sneaky, also good for St Paddy's day. 6 servings. :biggrin-new:
Cheesy Broccoli-Potato Mash
http://images.agoramedia.com/diabeti...198/SD6201.JPG Quick Info: Servings
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 135, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 329mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 4g, Carbs: 17g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Protein: 7g
Carb Choices: 1
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 pounds potato, yukon gold
- 3/4 pounds broccoli
- 3/4 cup(s) cheese, fontina
- 1/2 cup(s) milk, fat-free
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, black ground
1. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot. Place potatoes in a steamer basket and steam for 10 minutes.
2. Place broccoli on top, cover and steam until the potatoes and broccoli are tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
3. Transfer the broccoli to a large bowl and coarsely mash with a potato masher.
4. Add the potatoes, cheese, milk, salt and pepper and continue mashing to desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Big deal; you can get kids (and dads) to eat anything that has enough cheese on it. There's no trick to that. :biggrin-new:
That sounds delicious! Next to a steak of course.
Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman
You could even use boiled cauliflower in place of the potatoes for even more veggie goodness. This forum is making me hungry.