Oven fried chicken with parmesan and almonds, sounds good
You don’t have to actually fry your chicken to get that tempting fried taste. This recipe is cooked in the oven and has a delicious nuttiness from the almonds to top it off.
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs, whole-wheat, coarse, dried
- 1/4 cup(s) cheese, Parmesan (1 ounce), grated
- 1/4 cup(s) nuts, almonds finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 pinch pepper, black ground
- 1/4 cup(s) oil, olive, extra-virgin
- 2 pounds chicken, breast, boneless, skinless pounded to 1/2" thickness and cut into 12 pieces
- 1 sprig(s) parsley, Italian for garnish
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, almonds, parsley, garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- 2Place the oil in a shallow dish. Dip the chicken first in the oil, then dredge in the crumb mixture. Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan.
- 3Bake for 25 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of a piece registers 165°F and the juices run clear. (Do not turn the chicken during cooking.) Garnish with the parsley.