Why I'm Voting Democrat
Why I'm Voting Democrat - I thought this was a great article for discussion at TownHall.com
By Ben Shapiro, I doubt I will be able to post a link since I had to get a new ID with the new site change....
but here it is: http://www.townhall.com/columnists/B...oting_democrat
From the start of the article:
A new video on YouTube is taking the Internet by storm. Entitled "I'm Voting Republican," the satirical clip depicts actors playing conservative Americans of all shapes and sizes explaining why they would vote for the GOP.
"Arnold Jones" says he's voting Republican because "all other countries are inferior to us" -- and his wife, "Trudy Jones," adds, "and we should start as many wars as we need to keep it that way." A soldier in Iraq states that he's voting Republican "so I can stay in Iraq" -- and a young boy, labeled "future draftee," points a fake gun at the camera and smiles while saying "so I can go to Iran!"
A black couple says they're voting Republican because they "like a conservative majority on the Supreme Court," with the wife noting, "we really like knowing that even if we're separate, we'll still be called equal."
This insulting nonsense is precisely what liberals think of conservatives: We're all warmongers, racists, environmental rapists and secret emissaries of big corporations. We're going to reinstitute the draft, start a war with Canada and then relocate African-Americans to Quebec.
This sort of tripe should be dismissed out of hand. In the spirit of evenhandedness and fair play, however, I feel it my duty to explain why I'm going to vote Democrat.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that the best strategy in war is defeat. It broadens the mind to learn Japanese, German and Arabic. Talk about multiculturalism!
I will be voting democrat or republican (doesn't really matter anymore) because freedom and liberty scare me. I really like security and the knowledge that if I need something someone in congress or the white house will take it from someone else and give it to me. Security through the socialist nanny state is what I want regardless of the cost.
I'll be voting Democrat because I enjoy a weak dollar and the idea of medical facilities being run like the Department of Motor Vehicles. Those people do a great job! :D
I'm voting Democrat because I love U.S. dependance on foreign oil and I'm looking forward to $8.00/gallon gas.
When I first saw this thread I thought it was more of LogansPapa's useless drivel and Obama praise. But turns out it is a pretty interesting counterpunch to the "Why I'm Voting Republican" video. BTW, Brown v. Board of Education (abolishing separate but equal) was decided by a court led by a Republican (the decision was 9-0).
Anyway, I am voting Democrat because I think that armed forces should be kept at home completely safe, unless some Muslims need help killing Christians.
I'm voting democrat because I'm nostalgic for the Carter Adminstration. Gas lines, sweaters and islamic appeasement, yeah! And by golly, Europe will think we're just swell again.
I'm voting Democrat because I need more, and higher paid social programs to help support me for the bad mortage and credit card decisions I made that were clearly not my fault.
I'm voting Democrat because I know if we are nice to everyone, there will never be a mushroom cloud over Chicago or Los Angeles.
I'm voting democrat because my frontal lobotomy would've been paid for by the taxpayers.
Why I will not vote Libertarian:
- Because I want less civil liberties and increased government surveillance. Security first, freedom second.
- I want copious amounts of meaningless moral platitudes and pontifications from my politicians.
- I want to increase the role of local government, not as a governing body, but as the symbolic yet utterly powerless steppingstone for great politicians as they ascend to federal government.
- Special interest is special! They come first. I don't care if its Hollywood, the oil companies or PETA. Same shit, same coin. As long as my rights can be usurped for the benefit of the special interest, republican or democrat can't be beat.
- I want activist judges legislating my morality/religious belief.
- I don't really think about the issues, I just come up with wordy, clever, yet nonsensical justifications for my preconceived and completely irrational biases.
- Whether for war, or social handouts, I don't want my congress to feel constrained by unfair budgetary limitations. They can print money, so they should spend money. Either to take care of me so I don't have to myself, or to engage in volatile international conflicts to give me a false but intoxicating sense of nobility and honor.
- It just doesn't feel right, unless you feel like your getting fucked by the guy you voted for.