1. #1 Get this!!: When Republicans say "Elitist" they really mean "Smart". 
    link

Soph0571 (6,035 posts)

I am terribly elite don't you know... So if elite equals smart, then the opposite supposes that the faux 'non elite' are stupid as fuck. You don't say?!?!

They WISH!

Elitists means arrogant, smug, intolerant assholes who lives in a bubble and thinks he/she is sooooo smart that he/she knows what is in the "best interest" of everyone else and so denigrates anyone who has differing beliefs and values and demands and puts in place laws and rules to make sure everyone has to live the way they demand. Elitists think that THEY are entitled to whatever they want/special treatment by virtue of who they are or what they believe.

Elitism has NOTHING to do with finances or social standing though for some the higher the standing the more elitist they are. Elitists call everyone that doesn't agree with them "intolerant" but it is they who are and who justify their intolerance.

DU and the Democrat party is made up of elitists.

President Trump IS NOT an elitist and they hate him for that. He doesn't buy into their elitist world view.
    Last edited by Carol; 01-17-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

I think "elitist" has just been hijacked by the white supremacists, and is a word that no one can say now, without much scorn and wing-flapping.

I read it on twitter, so I know it's true.

An Elitist is some stuck up jackoff who thinks he's better then the average American and has been given some special degree by all and any known deities to run everyone else's life because " They know what's good for the Surfs ".

In other other words, an asshole who looks down on Working Class people and doesn't think his shit stinks.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Yeah. 'Elitist' means 'superior'. -Someone who's had a total breakdown of self-criticism.

Elitist - Person with an unmerited superiority complex.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

"Raised by working- class single mother."
    I thought Obama was largely raised by her parents, his grandparents (Who he then thanked for their kindness and love by openly accusing them of racism in his autobiography)?