1. #1 Shades of Chernobyl 
    Wildlife is thriving in the most contaminated areas around Japanís crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant, which suffered meltdowns following a devastating 2011 offshore quake and subsequent tsunami. Photos from automatic cameras set up by the University of Georgia showed that more than 20 species are flourishing in various areas of the irradiated landscape. They found almost three times as many species such as wild boar, hares, macaques, pheasants and fox living there than in the slightly contaminated areas where people are able to live. The research does not address the health and welfare of the animals in the presence of such radiation.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I think Al Bundy had some of that Chernobyl Farms Chicken. They managed to finally get a steel fabricated building in place to cover the site hole which effectively stopped the leakage. It was an engineering marvel to build and was motorized to drive itself into place. I wonder how much of our tax dollars helped build it ?

I recently heard about an upcoming interview with a 95 year old lady who was there for the bombing of Hiroshima. Not saying radiation isn't very dangerous but how the hell has this woman lived this long? Everything we hear implies some kind of radiation caused illness would have drastically shortened her life. No way she could have avoided radiation. Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    I recently heard about an upcoming interview with a 95 year old lady who was there for the bombing of Hiroshima. Not saying radiation isn't very dangerous but how the hell has this woman lived this long? Everything we hear implies some kind of radiation caused illness would have drastically shortened her life. No way she could have avoided radiation. Just asking.
    And thus the reasons for my notes re: Chernobyl and Fukushima. There are thousands of documented deaths due to radiation associated with both Nagasaki and Hiroshima yet here is a near 80 year survivor. How many died of natural causes at 90, 80, 70? Once more the doomsayers preach far beyond any known reality just because no real records are kept. But the surviving animals in those two accident areas are providing truth.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IUi4slkvsIg
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    You get exposed to the background radiation every day, you know, the stuff that makes a counter click even when no source is present. It's entirely random as to whether any radiation sleeting through your body will actually damage something critical, other than killing some random cells (That all die anyway, except certain nerve tissue). It's mainly a question of whether the rads knock off more than your body can handle as normal losses...and of course whether any of it plays pachinko with DNA in one of the cells in a way that makes it alive but malignant and capable of reproduction. It doesn't shorten everyone's life who was exposed, except in a statistical sense.