1. #1 I approve of this law 
    Missouri lawmaker proposes bill to jail librarians who allow drag queens to read books to children

A Republican lawmaker in Missouri has introduced legislation that could imprison librarians who host a drag queen story hour or allow youth to check out books on LGBTQ topics.

State Rep. Ben Baker’s Parental Oversight of Public Libraries Act said on Thursday, Jan. 16, the proposed bill is not aimed at censoring books but is a response to drag queen story hours that have been held at libraries in some of the state’s larger cities, including St. Louis, Kansas City, and St. Joseph.

“The main thing is, I want to be able to take my kids to a library and make sure they’re in a safe environment, and that they’re not gonna be exposed to something that is objectionable material,” Baker told a local news station. “Unfortunately, there are some libraries in the state of Missouri that have done this. And that’s a problem.”
    https://thebl.com/us-news/missouri-l...-children.html
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

I read it, the bill does not mention drag queen story hours at all, but basically allows any psycho parent that gets a hair up his or her ass about anything their brat checks out to pursue felony charges against the librarian. It's incredibly broad and it's bullshit, if they want their kid to remain totally ignorant of the real world they should probably just not let them go to the library unaccompanied...actually any parent that does read this bill and still supports it should probably spend some quality time in that library anyway.

The bill needs some work. However, I agree that drag queens/transgenders and the like should not be reading children stories in the library. And kids should not have access to certain books.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    I read it, the bill does not mention drag queen story hours at all, but basically allows any psycho parent that gets a hair up his or her ass about anything their brat checks out to pursue felony charges against the librarian. It's incredibly broad and it's bullshit, if they want their kid to remain totally ignorant of the real world they should probably just not let them go to the library unaccompanied...actually any parent that does read this bill and still supports it should probably spend some quality time in that library anyway.

I agree.