Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I just found some video of the opening statements in the Senate Impeachment Trial.

First we have the Democrat's opening statement....

Followed by the Republican's response....

Last edited by Zathras; 01-29-2020 at 02:36 AM.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Pencilneck by right of being a member of Congress doesn't have to testify. But what will be interesting is the whistle-blower will have to, along with a couple others who know he colluded with the whistle-blower.
    I'm not sure about that. The questions will be directed at the prosecution and defense teams. While they are not under oath, I would think they are required to answer questions relevant to the trial. As to the whistle-blower, that will depend on how the vote goes on whether or not to even have witnesses. That will come after the Q&A session.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

"Humans are not the enemies of life. Humans are the vanguard of life. Life to Mars and Mars to life!" Robert Zubrin
    Democrat evolution: JFK PUT A MAN ON THE MOON AND OBAMA PUT A MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein is leaning towards an acquittal vote. I'm sure she is getting death threats for even suggesting this but she's a tough old bat, 86, and at a certain age you don't give a rat's rear end what people think of you. I'm there already and it will be a miracle if I get even close to 86.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...te-john-bolton

The article goes on to mention that Sens. Joe Manchin III of West Virginia, Doug Jones of Alabama and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona might also jump ship. Those would be for purposes of re-election survival.
    Well, that didn't last too long, she's already walked it back.

"Humans are not the enemies of life. Humans are the vanguard of life. Life to Mars and Mars to life!" Robert Zubrin
    Democrat evolution: JFK PUT A MAN ON THE MOON AND OBAMA PUT A MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    I got nuthin

Had this on in the background all afternoon and at one point I THOUGHT I heard PencilNeck say the he didn't know who the whistleblower was and never met with him. Can anyone clear this up?

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Had this on in the background all afternoon and at one point I THOUGHT I heard PencilNeck say the he didn't know who the whistleblower was and never met with him. Can anyone clear this up?
    He's been saying that from the start back in the House.

Senate will vote Wednesday on Trump verdict in impeachment trial

Adjourned until Monday with Senators allowed to make speeches on Monday and Tuesday, verdict vote 4PM EDT Wednesday. This ending schedule was agreed to by Mitch and Chuck. A lot of republican senators upset by this additional dragging out of the proceedings. Apparently a concession to Susan Collins:

[Collins] thinks everyone should have an opportunity to state their views on the record, but she’s not looking for extra time for speeches," said a source close to Collins. "In fact, she doesn’t care how much time members get. She thinks the speeches can be short.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...xt-week-109937

Collins may want to deliver a detailed explanation of her verdict vote like she did with Kavanaugh. I predict the republicans will remain united in acquittal together with at least one democrat.

The bad news, of course, is that it will give the media 5 days to wail and gnash their teeth over the Bolton "bombshell".
    Right, an anonymous 2nd hand source on the manuscript of an unpublished book that is currently being reviewed over national security concerns ... and published by the NYT which lies as often as PencilNeck.

PS Gregg Jarrett filled in for Hannity on the radio today. He referred to Schiff and Nadler as "Laurel and Hardy".

You be the judge:

Schiff and Nadler shouldn’t be allowed to go anywhere without someone getting in their face, not for a day, a week, a month, or a year, but until their last day. It isn’t against the law to be rude. They need to be confronted and shamed everywhere they go, to the point that they hate life. Bottom feeder liars and scum.

Senate will vote Wednesday on Trump verdict in impeachment trial

Adjourned until Monday with Senators allowed to make speeches on Monday and Tuesday, verdict vote 4PM EDT Wednesday. This ending schedule was agreed to by Mitch and Chuck. A lot of republican senators upset by this additional dragging out of the proceedings. Apparently a concession to Susan Collins:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...xt-week-109937

Collins may want to deliver a detailed explanation of her verdict vote like she did with Kavanaugh. I predict the republicans will remain united in acquittal together with at least one democrat.

The bad news, of course, is that it will give the media 5 days to wail and gnash their teeth over the Bolton "bombshell".
    Right, an anonymous 2nd hand source on the manuscript of an unpublished book that is currently being reviewed over national security concerns ... and published by the NYT which lies as often as PencilNeck.
    Couple of things. #1, take a wild guess who is responsible for the manuscript leak to the NYT. #2, apparently there are 3 Democrats who look like they're going to vote to acquit. That will decimate the Democrats because it would make the acquittal bipartisan, something they can ill afford. Which is funny hearing the talking heads and these dumbass politicians talking about a partisan vote considering they passed the articles of impeachment without a single Republican vote. In fact, 2 Democrats voted no on it with one being so disgusted that he switched to the Republican Party.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

He's been making this claim from the rip but he's lying through his teeth and he knows it. Funny he didn't know who the whistleblower is but would consider someone out of order if they tried to bring Ciarmella up. Also, Schiff hired Ciarmella's best friend the day after the Ukraine phone call. Oh, isn't it funny that everyone is saying they don't know who the whistleblower is but when Rand Paul tried to get Ciarmella's name into the record, Roberts wouldn't allow it.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.