1. #1 ReTHUGs don't give a flying fuck about Democracy - and other DUmp gems 
    Just WOW.

This is their impression of the day's proceedings after the Senate adjourned tonight.

link

malaise (200,518 posts)

ReTHUGs don't give a flying fuck about Democracy,

rule of law or the Constitution.

This is beyond disgraceful. I'm going to bed.

Sure we do. That's why Republicans denied the amendments. The CONSTITUTION and the RULE OF LAW says that the remedy for the President who declares Executive privilege is to take it to the judiciary to litigate and sort it out. There is NOTHING in the RULE OF LAW or the CONSTITUTION that declares that when a President is impeached he loses due process and executive privilege. Nor is there anything that declares that Democrats are entitled to whatever they want without following the constitution or the rule of law. You don't get to declare the President 'guilty' and take all of his rights away because YOU believe it.

link

Wed Jan 22, 2020, 01:40 AM Stallion (3,938 posts)

This is the Vote I've Been Waiting for

If they can't trust the Chief Justice to make a relevancy ruling then the cover-up will be complete. Democrats can really play off this vote politically even if they lose

The Senate is tasked with the trial, not the Chief Justice. We get it. If Democrats don't get their way and he's removed they'll claim over and over again that he's guilty and it's a cover up. Democrats love Democracy if they can USE it for their goals. If not they trash it. And claiming cover up will be trashing it.

link

RandySF (26,687 posts)

My fellow old farts. Could you imagine the outrage if Clinton fought this hard to hide evidence?

There would have been torches and pitchforks with Mcconnell, Roberts, and Kavanaugh leading the way.

Demanding that Democrats go through the legal process to get witnesses and documents is not "hiding evidence". Democrats are playing political games with impeachment, or are DUmber than a box of rocks, or think they're sooooooo special and entitled that they can demand and be given whatever they want, when they want it and how they want it. None of them shows up Democrats in a positive light.

link

Oh here's a good one.
    global1 (20,341 posts)
    I Think That The Trump/Repug Team Of Lawyers Really Didn't Prepare Or....

put much time in preparing for this trial because they know that Mitch was going to rig it to their favor and it would proceed on a partisan basis and it would quickly end with a dismissal.

I think that they might wind up regretting not being more prepared. I don't think that they served Trump well and I believe that the polls being conducted of how the American People perceived this trial will overwhelmingly favor the Dems and the House Managers handling of this day.

Gee, that vaguely sounds like the House Dems with their mantra of connecting dots, adding 1 + 3 and getting 7, and declaring that THEY are right. Of course all the while claiming that if they only had X - and the Senate was supposed to get it for them - it would show xyzlakdkhfiueyroweauoijnrkngdkafe.

Of course these were amendments demanding that the rules be changed to suit the Democrats. Democrats nattered on and on. Meanwhile the President's lawyers were busy taking notes because now they knew what conspiracy theories and lies the Dems were planning, when they weren't explaining over and over again that what the Democrats were demanding was unconstitutional.

Jade Fox (8,971 posts)

2. I think it's possible too that they are not real smart....

and not very good lawyers.
    Right. They keep saying that about President Trump.....and he keeps winning. Kinda hard to do when you're 'dumb'.
    SamKnause (10,466 posts)

3. They have no defense.

Lies are the only tool in their tool boxes.

When you have no defense, lie your ass off.

They are very well prepared to lie.

They are experts at lying.
    Right. When you are losing or think you are............accuse them of 'lying'. yea, that works

COLGATE4 (13,257 posts)

5. Why bother to prepare when you know the game is

already rigged? I can't imagine that this poor performance will be lost on the American public but, regardless the end result is the end result. So far (12:16 PM) no documents, no witnesses.They're on Bolton now but I can't believe that the result on calling him will be anything other than the very predictable 53-47 against calling him. It's an historic disgrace.
    Really. How hard is it to understand that that the HOUSE DEMOCRATS were tasked with the investigation? THEY didn't do their job. It isn't up to the Senate to do the job the House Democrats didn't do. Or is it that Democrats KNOW they have nothing, and wouldn't have anything even if they got the witnesses, but it sounds so much better to blame Republicans for not kow towing to the Democrats, rather than having nothing even with witnesses? This way they can spout conspiracy theories to their hearts content.

There's another thread where they imagine
    Schiff and Co. brought Abram tanks....The Republicans threw rocks...

I won't bring it over but if you want to read it and laugh you can go here - to read it.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

These jerkazoids are going to ride this fantasy right down to the last inch and the final second.

And BTW for those at DU who come over read this ( don't worry, Skinner will never know) we don't live in a Democracy, America is Constitutional Republic.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Trump released the transcript. Where's the cover-up?

This should not be televised. the dems are just putting on some kabuki theater. It is just more bull shit, lies and bluster by them to make whole cloth out of thin air.

The whole lot of them needs to be investigated.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Trump released the transcript. Where's the cover-up?
    In their tiny minds.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Isn't it cute that Democrats are all of a sudden hard charging Constitutionalists.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    These jerkazoids are going to ride this fantasy right down to the last inch and the final second.
    Then they'll all put on their amazingly-shocked faces and act like they never saw it coming, while squawking like scalded chickens.

It'll be magnificent.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I hope it burns a hole into their upper intestine, for all the harm and disgrace you've flung onto the USA. Payback is a bitch.............Bitch!!!. You people have started this war against your own countrymen and you will reap all the rewards you deserve. You are not our king and Queen and will never rule America, sleep on that thought.

Isn't it cute that Democrats are all of a sudden hard charging Constitutionalists.
    Right. They claim to be constitutionalists even as they claim that there's no legitimate reason for President Trump to have executive privilege.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.