Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Schools Treating Students for Separation Anxiety from Phones 
    According to a recent report, K-12 schools around the country are having to treat students for separation anxiety after implementing policies that require students to hand over their smartphones. One schoolís solution was to buy locking pouches for smartphones, which students were invited to decorate.

The Wall Street Journal reports that schools across the United States are dealing with an unexpected result of forcing students to hand over their phones ó separation anxiety. Schools are being forced to develop coping mechanisms for the students who display signs of severe agitation and anxiety when away from their mobile devices.

The Wall Street Journal reports:

Now, teachers across the country are testing their own methods for managing their studentsí phone-related angst. Some use lockable pouches that let students hold their phones rather than having to leave them alone in their lockers. Others have set up charging stations in classrooms, betting that the visibility and value of a charge will keep students at ease. Then there are the teachers who have decided dangling extra credit and other prizes is the best defense against phone withdrawal.
    https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/...-their-phones/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

I'm not surprised. There are adults who would have withdraws if their phones were taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalen View Post
    I'm not surprised. There are adults who would have withdraws if their phones were taken away.
    True. It's not an indictment though. It's just human nature.

When it comes to kids, just fail them. And make it stand-up. Let peer-pressure work against the marginal sluff-offs.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Wait until they have an emergency that could have been stopped by a student with a phone.
    There are two sides to this control argument.
    I would opt for strict controls on when your phone was on and would enforce it.
    I got nuthin

I was hopeful when theories were floated that electromagnetic radiation due to cell phone traffic was causing Colony Collapse Disorder in bee population. Unfortunately it hasn't panned out and humanity is stuck with this technology.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

"Humans are not the enemies of life. Humans are the vanguard of life. Life to Mars and Mars to life!" Robert Zubrin
    Democrat evolution: JFK PUT A MAN ON THE MOON AND OBAMA PUT A MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM

Our district encourages integrating technology into the classroom, either the student's personal devices or classroom ones. There are times when the phones need to be put away though. Rock has the right idea, lay out the guidelines and enforce them.

It's pretty sad if the students are genuinely suffering from separation anxiety from their phones. Equally sad if their whining is being labeled as such.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

What about 5G and beyond? I see all of these young waitresses with their iPhones in their back pockets. Will it fry their ovaries? We don’t know because these devices didn’t even exist 10 years ago. Dudes can put it in their front pocket and fry their testicles.

On edit: Never hold that smartphone up to your head. Use the speakerphone function.
    Last edited by Tecate; 01-24-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post

On edit: Never hold that smartphone up to your head. Use the speakerphone function.
    Just donít do that around me. Youíll think anxiety!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Just donít do that around me. Youíll think anxiety!
    I donít take calls in restaurants or loud places. Canít talk right now. Call me later or text me instead. I despise hearing othersí phone conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I donít take calls in restaurants or loud places. Canít talk right now. Call me later or text me instead. I despise hearing othersí phone conversations.
    That ^^^^^ drives me nuts and if you have the volume up, I will attack.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault