Thread: ah Detroit.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 ah Detroit..... 
    A 2020 Corvette Stingray Has Wheels Stolen In Detroit Before Production Even Starts

Production for the 2020 Chevrolet C8 Corvette is scheduled to begin in February for customer vehicles. However, this car was found propped up on bricks at the corner of Coe Avenue and Parker Street in Detroit – about four miles from General Motors’ downtown headquarters. And it was missing a critical component…the wheels.

The 2020 Stingray has a base price of $59,995 and is available with wheel and tire package options ranging from $995 to $1,495. The owner of the car has yet to be identified.
    https://www.powernationtv.com/post/a...eaEueLdRm2qkEc

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Style isn't much different than it was 35 years ago. I would rather have an Audi R10 twin turbo packaged. The good tires for that car are a whopping 5000 dollars for 4. A shock is about 2000, I think the corvette is a lot cheaper but you do get what you pay for, the R10 twin turbo is one of the few street cars that can hit really high mph and still drive to the store. The R series has been a real money maker for Audi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N4OCICWATI
    Last edited by Angry Old White Man; 01-23-2020 at 07:10 PM.

The neighborhood in which it was found is pretty bad. The article was not clear on where it was stolen from-if it was on display at GM headquarters, which is the former Renaissance Center, that's kind of hard to do without inside help-a lot of inside help. Same with any GM factory. They have good security.

The Tech Center in Warren-I could see it happening there, it's a complex of a lot of buildings and a test drive track that occupies a square mile. There was as shooting there a few years ago. There are only a few entrances, but there are a lot of unused exits that are chained and locked.

If I were to spend $60,000 on a car, which will never happen, it would be a Dodge Hellcat. A couple of people at work own Corvettes and the damned front end scrapes the asphalt at the entrance to employee parking. It’s too low to the ground, especially for the crap streets in Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    If I were to spend $60,000 on a car, which will never happen, it would be a Dodge Hellcat. A couple of people at work own Corvettes and the damned front end scrapes the asphalt at the entrance to employee parking. It’s too low to the ground, especially for the crap streets in Austin.
    If the body is still made of fiberglass, they shatter on impact.

My mom has a Mustang convertible. It is a nice car. For a little more money, you can get a Mustang 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If the body is still made of fiberglass, they shatter on impact.

My mom has a Mustang convertible. It is a nice car. For a little more money, you can get a Mustang 5.0.
    Someone I work with has Mustang fever. He’s been looking on-line and I can tell he’s about to pull the trigger on one soon. For me, cars are a tool to get from A to B and nothing more. I like driving a paid for car in order to get from A to B.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Hellcat Redeye for me.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Hellcat Redeye for me.

Sounds like a WINNAH

Really would be a waste. I couldn’t get in it and if I did I’d have to fall out.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Hellcat Redeye for me.

That car will match or beat a Ferrari in speed. I can just see me driving down Burleson road on the way into work in that bad boy. It looks great in purple too.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Dodge was always into those wild colors, I come close to buying a Dodge Challenger with the Tri Carb 440, I didn't buy it and a month later bought a new 71 Mustang. One of the few good decisions I ever made for cars. Any 440 Chrysler engine regardless of what vehicle it might be in , you can sit there and watch the gas gauge make a constant drop as you drive, no waiting for the needle to catch up. That's true. The only thing it was good for was a motor home, or a heavy truck where it was expected. I have no idea who came up with the idea to put it in a car of all things. They had the perfect engine already for their muscle cars and it was the 383. The new Barracuda for 1970 was a dud because the base engine was junk and wouldn't pull a sick whore out of bed (360ci). Everyone was buying the little cheap Dusters with the 273 V8 and those things rocked.